Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal w/ these Super Ubber characters

Default Whats the deal w/ these Super Uber characters

Hey, thanks for reliable info
    So, I'm new/back to the game. I've my Level 37 BS just passing through and I paused for a distraction. Look back and there's this lvl 21 beating the crap out my toon. I run off heal. And come back to fight. This LvL 21 Barb just schools me. I have ok gear & my combos were hitting this guy to do NOTHING. We went at it for a good 30min. I couldn't touch the guy. Finally, he said he had enough of killing me. I tried to see his gear; but, of course it was locked.

Now, this isn't the 1st time this happened. Bout a week ago, I was in a group. I was lvl 27 or 28 and so were the other 2 in the group. A Demo and Conq. 25 to 27th lvl. When a lvl 19 Conq or Barb(don't remember atm)shows up and destroys all of us. More than once. WTF??

PS: why are the "English Forums" in Spanish. Well 1/2 English 1/2 Spanish
    Last edited by Debeddo; 22nd November 2013 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Debeddo View Post
    So, I'm new/back to the game. I've my Level 37 BS just passing through and I paused for a distraction. Look back and there's this lvl 21 beating the crap out my toon. I run off heal. And come back to fight. This LvL 21 Barb just schools me. I have ok gear & my combos were hitting this guy to do NOTHING. We went at it for a good 30min. I couldn't touch the guy. Finally, he said he had enough of killing me. I tried to see his gear; but, of course it was locked.

Now, this isn't the 1st time this happened. Bout a week ago, I was in a group. I was lvl 27 or 28 and so were the other 2 in the group. A HoX and Conq. 25 to 27th lvl. When a lvl 19 Conq or Barb(don't remember atm)shows up and destroys all of us. More than once. WTF??

You can earn higher level quest gear that only requires level 1 to equip even though it may be 10-20+ levels higher than your current level (and why most twinks have equipment hidden). How to do that would be explaining an exploit so you would have to resource the method on your own

And you can buy some pretty low level purples through the store that could be considered pretty OP at level 20-59. Also you can buy blue pots starting at level 20 so any combination could create a situation like that-but as a shammy you should have every advantage vs. a barb though, even more so a lower level one.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd November 2013 at 22:58.
    Doomsayer 2008

Hey thanks for the reply. Man I don't wana exploit. Just me and some friends having a good time. I guess it's not really cheating if they are buying everything from the store. I'll spend my money on beer so I can laugh about this latter. But, I'm still pretty pissed off. FinBS now I remember why I quit the first time. LMAO

Lvls are not that important in this game it is possible to beat much higher lvl than you if you are better player. some classes are really strong at low lvls and can do great.
    I remember beating 30 lvls higher toons on my 19 hox, or 2 lvl 30. They were not good players or they would pwned me but it is possible to kill higher lvls with no exploit and uber gear.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Lvls are not that important in this game it is possible to beat much higher lvl than you if you are better player. some classes are really strong at low lvls and can do great.
    I remember beating 30 lvls higher toons on my 19 hox, or 2 lvl 30. They were not good players or they would pwned me but it is possible to kill higher lvls with no exploit and uber gear.
    Not a shammy though, you already have a stun and KB not to mention both Runes and pretty much access to most of your manifestations and feat points which improve them.

Since they changed the KB/Root of Barbs I don't see a low level barb killing a BS unless there is a huge gear difference or someone hits no combos at all...I was killing pretty much anything and anyone I saw when my BS was 39 (well a year and a bit ago back on tyranny) and it's well known I suck on melee.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd November 2013 at 23:38.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Not a shammy though, you already have a stun and KB not to mention both Runes and pretty much access to most of your manifestations and feat points which improve them.

Since they changed the KB/Root of Barbs I don't see a low level barb killing a BS unless there is a huge gear difference or someone hits no combos at all...I was killing pretty much anything and anyone I saw when my BS was 39 (well a year and a bit ago back on tyranny) and it's well known I suck on melee.
    True bs is strong char at those lvl, but its all about player in the end. I dont see why good barb cant beat bad bs and vice versa.
    Probably there are some people that have higher lvl gear, i seen it on lvl 59 minis long time ago but dont think i ever saw it at lvl 20+...

This is a skill issue. I wasn't able to even touch other players when i was new. Now i can kite 4 new players without taking a hit.

Yeah sure. And of course this has nothing to do with latency, your hardware, connection and certain new "features" reintroduced?

I can kite 4 or more as well, when the connection is good...but i would not consider rapid mouse movement and sprinting skill...

Of course it might be possible to play with skill (e.g. checking ranges, hitcones, moving accordingly, selecting the right thing at the right time), but with the current engine and state of game there are so many IFs involved, that i simply do not believe you

You have a point though when it comes to experience. There is a difference between someone who knows and has practiced how to get the most for him/her out of the engine and class mechanics and someone who just plays the game (and maybe just that class)...

@OP: Big guilds offer some cc resistances. AAs can provide a lot of protection and more resistances at low level already. Gear is an issue as well, especially the gaps between green/blue quest rewards and dungeon gear. Then there are special builds experienced players choose either for survival or to use especially against your class. Then there are bubbles...

In addition to this and more close to your example, some people have a LOT of gold and experience and tokens through whatever means and can buy things at the armoury through pvp level OR/AND the ingame shop (like potions and food at lvl20+).

PvE levels also do not give a benefit like in PvE for PvP. Even more, a lvl30 char with the same gear as a lvl20 char has a bit more hit points, more feat points, but also a lot less mitigation, dps and protection (these decrease with levelling, sure about dps and mitigation, not 100% sure with prot). So a highly specialized, supported and maximized lvl20 char can be quite a challenge for a standard lvl30+ char.

Also some very old chars have benefitted from the thing suctum said already (high level gear on low level chars).

Of course these are just the legit mechanics. There are other things you don't mention as well used by players throughout the world that make you go "oh, how did he/she do that?"...did i mention the engine already?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd November 2013 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Debeddo View Post

Now, this isn't the 1st time this happened. Bout a week ago, I was in a group. I was lvl 27 or 28 and so were the other 2 in the group. A Demo and Conq. 25 to 27th lvl. When a lvl 19 Conq or Barb(don't remember atm)shows up and destroys all of us. More than once. WTF??

in both cases u got schooled

lvl 20 blue cash gear is about equivalent lvl 30ish gear

everyone has same gear at lvl 19, give or take 1 or 2 pieces

back in the day i dueled a lvl 72 barb with a lvl 19 barb, for the sake of possible i had him not use health potions tho

1st things first, landing the steps to your combos will increase dmg you do; always have a blue heal on you, an the second theres some space, a green heal (imo shammy has the edge in a barb vs shammy lowbie fight, nothing to do with the class)

in the second situation i have no clue what you guys were doing, did u guys not try to cc?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You can earn higher level quest gear that only requires level 1 to equip even though it may be 10-20+ levels higher than your current level (and why most twinks have equipment hidden). How to do that would be explaining an exploit so you would have to resource the method on your own

And you can buy some pretty low level purples through the store that could be considered pretty OP at level 20-59. Also you can buy blue pots starting at level 20 so any combination could create a situation like that-but as a shammy you should have every advantage vs. a barb though, even more so a lower level one.
    pft suctum hasnt touched lowbie in ages

first cash epic is lvl 20 bow, after that its 22 for every class, the barb u were fighting has no purps, for second, how to hide equipement from others : interface, 'hide my equipement from others' reason why ppl do this? so that ppl cant see if they are hiding, if ppl can spy ur gear, they also see ur position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast