Thread: Server merge, good time to introduce crafting revamp?

Question Server merge, good time to introduce crafting revamp?

With the server merge happening today isn't it a perfect time for FC to introduce the long waited crafting revamp, or at least give some status/update on it?

Any new info on what the new crafting system will be like, and when we can expect to get it?

As a player who loves crafting in MMO's it is frustrating to have so little info coming from FC regarding the supposed new crafting revamp.

What do you guys think?

I would love to see the crafting revamp ASAP but it;'s not going to be anytime soon. The GD does a good job of keeping people informed but doesn't lead people on with estimated dates unless he is sure.

In this case no news is bad news. I am sure they are working on it though after all Anarchy Online is actually beta testing the new engine update and I thought that would never happen.
    Last edited by Callypiso; 10th September 2013 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefacle View Post
    With the server merge happening today isn't it a perfect time for FC to introduce the long waited crafting revamp, or at least give some status/update on it?

Any new info on what the new crafting system will be like, and when we can expect to get it?

As a player who loves crafting in MMO's it is frustrating to have so little info coming from FC regarding the supposed new crafting revamp.

What do you guys think?
    LOL what merge have to do with crafting revamp? Merge is operations thing, revamp is developers thing, 2 different things. Beside GD already said it'll not happen any soon, just read GD letter.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    LOL what merge have to do with crafting revamp? Merge is operations thing, revamp is developers thing, 2 different things. Beside GD already said it'll not happen any soon, just read GD letter.
    Well, technically the merge has nothing to do with crafting revamp.

But I do believe that the merge brings some extra activity, and maybe even some sort of population boost (if they promote it a bit) to the game. I know a few old players who are going to give AoC another go after the merge, some of them like my self have been eagerly awaiting the crafting revamp as well. When they see no news about the crafting revamp and AoC is all the same old they may quickly lose interest again.

That's what I had in mind when I said that I think it would have been a good opportunity to introduce the crafting revamp along with the server merge, or shortly thereafter.

I have a different approach on the matter.

Servers merge and crafting revamp are 2 very big things.
    Releasing both at the same time would be very risky.

I for one believe that trying to attract new players should be done only on a stable version of the game, so definitely not at the same time as the release of a major system change.

...or a major messing with the player database like they have to do for the merge.

Agree with Mellaus here.
    Personally i would prefer the crafting revamp at the end of this or someday next year (i doubt they will release any info prior to shareholders meeting this year anyway). Simply because it IS a big thing, better done right and affecting a lot of players, guilds, even the whole server economy. So, i would expect a decent professional company to at least give more info (simply to allow presenting, discussing and testing it) and then several months (for old crafters to finish what they start in the old system, just look at the amount of mats needed for some things) between the release of a fix date and the patching on that date.

Sure, those who want the change will cry for it to be as soon as possible. But without a conversion and a complete restart instead it will be a slap in the face who still have not accomplished what they wanted in the old. Chances are that they will just ignore the new crafting, instead of grinding and collecting again all from the start. Mission accomplished?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th September 2013 at 09:19.