Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    Debuffs? Well most of the time in groups they are useless. I use them in PvP more than PvE.
    Not exactly. As I mentioned previously, HoX is dependant of ToS and Demo doing debuffs. Not always sixmen groups with both of them... Raid is a different story though, most Demo's use Chaotic Blast, but not all ToS use Lightning Sparks.

Just an example from straw man on my HoX. As you see below, EoX only increase the damage marginally compared to applying the debuffs. To get Glorius Exultation, you need to spend 20 points in Possession. I have 14. So need 7 more points to get it, among that maxing Flame Lash and putting more points in Spitfire or Xotli's Vengeance. And for that neglible increase of dps, you have to lose some of the feats in Avatar that actually add to the parse.

Searing Curse, Burning Hex and Improved Burning Skull equals 5,5% of my total damage.

The fire component of Burn to Death equals 12,73% of total damage. Increase this by 9% and you would get a number of 1,14%. Add to 12,73% and get 13,87%.

Non buffed, non debuffed
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 515 fire damage.

EoX (+30%), non debuffed
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 531 fire damage. 3% increase.

EoX (+90%), non debuffed
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 562 fire damage. 9% increase.

Demon Maw, non debuffed
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 575 fire damage. 11% increase.

Non buffed, Molten Steel Slash
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 568 fire damage. 10% increase.

Non buffed, Inferno Curse.
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 594 fire damage. 15% increase.

Non buffed, Inferno Curse, Molten Steel Slash
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 647 fire damage. 25% increase.

Demon Maw, Inferno Curse, Molten Steel Slash
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 723 fire damage. 40% increase.

Demon Maw, Exultation of Xotli (+30%), Inferno Curse, Molten Steel Slash
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 743 fire damage. 44% increase.

Demon Maw, Exultation of Xotli (+90%), Inferno Curse, Molten Steel Slash
    - Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 783 fire damage. 48% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by cins
    There's 2 types of Invul debuffs: Wracks (-10%) and Ruins (-15%). They're further divided into Physical, Elemental and Spiritual. You can have all 6 of them going at the same time. Applying these again refreshes their duration.

Physical Wrack is -10% Physical and Poison Invul for 30 seconds.
    Physical Ruin is -15% Physical and Poison Invul for 15 seconds.
    Spiritual Wrack is -10% Holy and Unholy Invul for 30 seconds.
    Spiritual Ruin is -15% Holy and Unholy Invul for 15 seconds.
    Elemental Wrack is -10% Fire, Electric and Cold Invul for 30 seconds.
    Elemental Ruin is -15% Fire, Electric and Cold Invul for 15 seconds.

Mitigation Debuffs

These are called Torments and they decrease the Armor/Protection values of the enemy. Torments stack up to 5 when applied again, increasing the benefit linearly with each stack. After reaching 5 stacks, each additional application of the debuff will refresh the duration. Again all 3 of them can be on at the same time. However unlike Invulnerability, Mitigation does not go below zero.

Physical Torment is -900 armor per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked is -4500 armor.
    Spiritual Torment is -250 Holy and Unholy Protection per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked is -1250 Holy and Unholy Protection.
    Elemental Torment is -250 Fire, Electric, and Cold Protection per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked is -1250 Fire, Electric and Cold Protection.

Every single one of these 9 primary debuffs have a unique (if hard to distinguish) icon.

Here's a list of who can do what:
    Quote:
    PHYSICAL RUIN:
    Conqueror (Breach), Guardian (Guard Destroyer), Bear Shaman (Rune of Aggression)

PHYSICAL WRACK:
    Bear Shaman (Mani. of Forest), Assasin (Grim Corruption), Necromancer (Gangrenous Stench), Conqueror (Feint Attack), Ranger (Armor Ripper)

PHYSICAL TORMENT:
    Bear Shaman (Crush Armor), Assassin (Burden to Bear), Barbarian (Wreck Armor), Conqueror (any banner or technique), Ranger (Armor Ripper)

SPIRITUAL RUIN:
    Priest of Mitra (Avert Thines Eyes), Dark Templar (Dread Shadow), Necromancer (Frenzy)

SPIRITUAL WRACK:
    Priest of Mitra (Rebuke), Assassin (Grim Corruption), Dark Templar (Unhallowed Blight)

SPIRITUAL TORMENT:
    Necromancer (Bligthed One pet, Grim Hunger, Lifestrike), Assasin (Miasma: Soul Toxin, 2 stacks), Priest of Mitra (Wandering Disciple)

ELEMENTAL RUIN:
    Tempest of Set (Curse of Set), Herald of Xotli (Inferno Curse)

ELEMENTAL WRACK:
    Tempest of Set (Lightning Sparks), Demonologist (Chaotic Blast), Herald of Xotli (Molten Steel Slash)

ELEMENTAL TORMENT:
    Tempest of Set (Storm Throne), Necromancer (Deathly Blizzard), Demonologist (Blazing fire, Soul Resonance), Conqueror (any banner or technique)
    Last edited by Shax84; 6th September 2013 at 18:21. Reason: Fixed two typos.

Am I just retarded after all these years of playing BS or does rune of aggression not apply a physical ruin? I also believe it is only techniques and not banners for a conq that apply physical torment and I don't think a conq is capable of elemental torment.

I know very off topic but I've read that post before and it always bugged me.
    Last edited by Erock25; 6th September 2013 at 14:34.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Well, it gives the 40% weapon damage boost all the time, but isn't the physical ruin a thing "just" a proc added to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Am I just retarded after all these years of playing BS or does rune of aggression not apply a physical ruin? I also believe it is only techniques and not banners for a conq that apply physical torment and I don't think a conq is capable of elemental torment.

I know very off topic but I've read that post before and it always bugged me.
    Rune of aggression gives you a % chance to apply physical ruin with your hits while it's active afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I also believe it is only techniques and not banners for a conq that apply physical torment and I don't think a conq is capable of elemental torment.
    Used grant technique and banner and both provide the result below when attacking with combos..

http://bildr.no/image/a2lNcTFK.jpeg

Rune of Aggression; Chance of damage, physical ruin, 8 Procs per Minute.

Ok ok I get it. I'm bad.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Not as bad as me.....or Wobelly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    ...I heard that +% weapon damage only applies to white hits...
    I just noticed this, how can you expect people to take you seriously when you post stuff like this? It's completely inaccurate and makes no sense to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    I just noticed this, how can you expect people to take you seriously when you post stuff like this? It's completely inaccurate and makes no sense to begin with.
    I thank you for pointing out that I was wrong, and appreciate the constructive and helpful post towards threadstarters questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cins
    You'll sometimes see various buffs and feats and such that says something like "+x% to weapon damage". This means they only increase the "DPS from your weapon" part of damage equations.
    Ok, I guess I *heard* wrong then. Might have been something in an earlier version of the game that now is removed. My fault for posting something that I have not parsed and tested myself.
    Last edited by Shax84; 7th September 2013 at 12:31.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast