Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Priorities not strait

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Both guesses are incorrect.

- Dungeon was completed by a designer who focuses on PvE content.

- Designer who was responsible for PvP quit in early July. Thus his tasks fall to someone else who has to learn them. This takes time.

Designer responsible for pvp quit?

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Is the company that terrible that you have only 1 designer on PVP that barely knows anything about pvp AND he quit. AND you now have to have others to replace him and "learn" his work??? Where are you hiring from Funcom? Straight out of highschool?

It sounds an awful lot like (good thing it isn't really this way):

1 PVE content designer

1 PVP content designer

1 Writer

1 Animator

1 ...

etc.

Basically, 1 of each individual kind of role for the project
    Last edited by tapwater; 25th August 2013 at 15:28.

You guys need to wake up and STOP BLAMING FUNCOM. They are NOT a major Fortune 500 Company like Google or Microsoft. If anything I imagine them working in a small back office like setting maybe with one floor of a 10 story office building rented out in North Carolina. Stop the whining, things will get done when it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    oh oh i can see the "only 1 guy is working on pvp"-flames allready coming
    Actually if the pvp guy quit and some lucky new guy is learning about pvp then technically "nobody" is working on pvp right now. Nil development.

Whether that "nobody" is responsible for pvp in every stage of development (theory, design and production) is a rather depressing question.

This is perfect Noobcomic material. GD dropped a bomb there
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 25th August 2013 at 00:47.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Both guesses are incorrect.

- Dungeon was completed by a designer who focuses on PvE content.

- Designer who was responsible for PvP quit in early July. Thus his tasks fall to someone else who has to learn them. This takes time.
    And so it would be told for generations to come, that this was the one moment that all faith in funcom had been lost.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

pvp hasn't had a purpose for, well, ever, so I don't really care one way or the other about it in this game. I wish it had a purpose here, but it doesn't. BUT unless I'm mistaken there hasn't been any pvp updates since the SAG mini map? So what exactly did this one pvp funcom person do for a paycheck?
    Why pay a person to do something that is nothing? Probably best he did quit so his paycheck can go into Legos since his labor was going to waste. OR he got fed up working his ass off and never getting to see his labor see the light of day. Who knows.

Funcom is what Funcom does. Nothing has changed. It's the same Funcom as it was 5 years ago, just smaller.
    Great game with tons of potential. Still great enough to keep enough people around to keep it floating.
    But AoC pvp? Not here, gang. AoC pvp is 5 mini maps and the same 5 dozen people playing the same 5 mini maps for another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    pvp hasn't had a purpose for, well, ever, so I don't really care one way or the other about it in this game. I wish it had a purpose here, but it doesn't. BUT unless I'm mistaken there hasn't been any pvp updates since the SAG mini map? So what exactly did this one pvp funcom person do for a paycheck?
    Why pay a person to do something that is nothing? Probably best he did quit so his paycheck can go into Legos since his labor was going to waste. OR he got fed up working his ass off and never getting to see his labor see the light of day. Who knows.

Funcom is what Funcom does. Nothing has changed. It's the same Funcom as it was 5 years ago, just smaller.
    Great game with tons of potential. Still great enough to keep enough people around to keep it floating.
    But AoC pvp? Not here, gang. AoC pvp is 5 mini maps and the same 5 dozen people playing the same 5 mini maps for another 5 years.
    Nope, they all quit and went to TOR already.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Designer responsible for pvp quit?

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Is the company that terrible that you have only 1 designer on PVP that barely knows anything about pvp AND he quit. AND you now have to have others to replace him and "learn" his work??? Where are you hiring from Funcom? Straight out of highschool?
    Designer *responsible* for PvP is not the same as "One guy works on PvP"

Features have owners who are responsible for co-ordinating all of the work involved in those features. Do you think coders work solely on a single aspect of the game? Artists?

Seriously, I understand that many of you are not game designers but these rants are invalid and honestly a little bit silly.

They also don't change the situation or speed up things.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 25th August 2013 at 06:22.

Honestly Joel, I don't get why you keep answering those silly comments all the time. They are clearly made by children or Man children who are bored and have a way to easy time posting here 24/7, but hat's off for trying anyway.

I'm sure that for each silly comment there are 10 players enjoying themselves (the silent majority).

Anyway. The New Dungeon is simply amazing!
    Good tough instance but not too gear dependant.
    2 days ago me and my m8's finally took down the last boss, and it was a great feeling of accomplishment (Teamwork and control is key, we like it)

Thx Funcom! Looking forward to Slithering Chaos and Palace of Cetriss
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Honestly Joel, I don't get why you keep answering those silly comments all the time. They are clearly made by children or Man children who are bored and have a way to easy time posting here 24/7, but hat's off for trying anyway.

I'm sure that for each silly comment there are 10 players enjoying themselves (the silent majority).

Anyway. The New Dungeon is simply amazing!
    Good tough instance but not too gear dependant.
    2 days ago me and my m8's finally took down the last boss, and it was a great feeling of accomplishment (Teamwork and control is key, we like it)

Thx Funcom! Looking forward to Slithering Chaos and Palace of Cetriss
    This is about pvp, we know your having a great time in pve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast