Thread: Crafting: how it works?

Default Crafting: how it works?

Hi,

I've a char lv 54 and started 2 craft: armorsmith and gemcutting.
    While for armor I got many quest (for many items to make), for gem I got a quest (cut 3 gems) and then the trainer said I have to come back later. What does it mean? How do I raise my gemcutting skill?

cut the 3 gems and give them back to him - then he will ask you to cut more - but you will need the levels to cut the higher end gems.
    sometimes he wont give you the next quest - log out and back in and then talk to him again or change zones and come back.

It doesn't.

To be slightly more helpful: Crafting is terrible and they're preparing to completely change it. It'd be a waste of effort to learn how it works now. Then again, they've been "preparing to change it" for 2 years. Regardless of that, crafting is bad and useless outside of a few niche items.

If I were you I would forgot gemcutting and switch to the one to make food, don't know how it's called in english.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    If I were you I would forgot gemcutting and switch to the one to make food, don't know how it's called in english.
    Alchemy would be the one to make food.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    It doesn't.
    Damn, you were quicker.

So as a new player should I skip all the crafting stuff or should I at least learn how to gather the resources? Since I’m sure the resources will remain the same after the revamp, Right?

Quote Originally Posted by LotsWife View Post
    So as a new player should I skip all the crafting stuff or should I at least learn how to gather the resources? Since I’m sure the resources will remain the same after the revamp, Right?
    No they will not. Not even sure if they will be converted to a new form of material or not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsWife View Post
    You might as well learn how to gather the resources, it's pretty simple to do. As well as crafting, alchemy is still fairly useful, allows you to make 4 hr foods and potions. As to the other crafts, I'd suggest not really bothering with them.