Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Barb vs. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    LOL what? Who misses BA? 2he range man...
    I can find many conqs who do, some of them full t4
    Funny thing is that they usually use BoA right after so I actually manage to double tap it because of how predictable it is.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Burst of aggression is just a prime example of funcom's brainless stupidity.

It was an ability that took some what skill to execute.

Now its a 360degree aoe near instant knockback that requires 0 amount of skill.
    I won't be saying that current BoA is fine, but you gotta admit the pre-revamp version was a mess.

Certainly it did require skill to execute, in the same way that riding a bike with twisted wheels and no handlebar requires skill, I guess.

The implementation was so convoluted that in the end it did not really match the description and would not kb stuff you thought it would according to tooltip, would kb stuff you thought it would not, not to mention it would proc stuff that should proc on knockback without even kbing anything(*). The revamp fixed all these discrepancies... by oversimplifying the ability (alas).

(*) not that it'd matter anymore since later BfC rendered Assail completely pointless.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

If the sin manages to dodge the barbs cc's, the sin can easilly win..Unless he gets the speed buff, kites and comes back like an angry bee when his cd's are reset. I really like to duel sins on my barb, and vice versa.
    Also, decap isn't very popular anymore, it's only good against a few classes since you waste so much points to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrook96 View Post
    If the sin manages to dodge the barbs cc's, the sin can easilly win..Unless he gets the speed buff, kites and comes back like an angry bee when his cd's are reset. I really like to duel sins on my barb, and vice versa.
    Also, decap isn't very popular anymore, it's only good against a few classes since you waste so much points to get it.
    Bit banging on dead horse with barb vs sin since many people believe in sin being some undying monsters that can only be killed by soldiers. But i kind of agree with you, if sin manage to dodge barb cc with cats paw and timely double tapping he should have advantage, but than again barb have longer reach and a lot of cc's, so its always interesting fight between good players.
    The thing that is debatable is usage of decap, while i dont like that build and dont play it, i tried it and seen many barbs doing good with it. Its cheesy play style but it is efficient on clothies, light armor or undergeared players. knock, staggering blow, finishing blow ATG and decap is quick and with some lucky crit big burst.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Bit banging on dead horse with barb vs sin since many people believe in sin being some undying monsters that can only be killed by soldiers. But i kind of agree with you, if sin manage to dodge barb cc with cats paw and timely double tapping he should have advantage, but than again barb have longer reach and a lot of cc's, so its always interesting fight between good players.
    The thing that is debatable is usage of decap, while i dont like that build and dont play it, i tried it and seen many barbs doing good with it. Its cheesy play style but it is efficient on clothies, light armor or undergeared players. knock, staggering blow, finishing blow ATG and decap is quick and with some lucky crit big burst.
    False sin has more ccs.

Fear/Stun/kb/root/stun/stun/stun infinite stun...

False sin has more ccs.

i like people with serious posts...
    but since we speaking of stuns do please count again my good sir

False sin has more ccs.

barb has stunning punch with very short cd(also a snare if specced), earth shatter, no escape, and double tap stun is easier to land

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    i like people with serious posts...
    but since we speaking of stuns do please count again my good sir

Well... since the cool down for SDS stun is so little I count it as infinite stun as long as you regen shards...

It really is....

Default ?

Burst of aggression is just a prime example of funcom's brainless stupidity.

It was an ability that took some what skill to execute.

Now its a 360degree aoe near instant knockback that requires 0 amount of skill.

Too many times when I see conqs miss their Batter Aside, and miss more combo they resort to the cookie cutter Burst Aggression. You can't even double tap this knockback its that ridiculous.
    You know a lot of classess have aoe ccs'...necro(fear),sin(fear),guard(fear)...conqs fear on the other hand its a combo and you can miss,..tosses(aoe root),DTs(aoe fear)..so..why is it that conq isnt suposed to have an aoe cc????and all that aoe ccs that i mentioned require no skill..sooo why not conq is not allowed to have an aoe cc???????????????????????

lol i'll trade my "no skilled" aoe root for BoA every day.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast