Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent PvP Zerker build?

I played only with Stonesplitter and did ok. But still really long to kill anything else than cloths. Gear wise, mix of Hyrkanian and T1/T2 PvP (only pvp 4).

But that's the problème with Zerker, it's really hard to kill you but it's hard to kill aswell unless you have very good gear. My advice would be try to play hybrid !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I'd probably settle for being really hard to kill initially. Neither of my other characters seem to be able to kill people in PvP either but die far too easily.

Spec for EASY kill against ranger and clothies (sins depends a bit): CLICK
    The 10 remaining points put them where you feel you need them, more damage or more survival (for my preference i would go all the way down to Welcoming Death and Blood Frenzy at least)

OVERALL TACTIC:
    1- Clobber
    2- Finishing Blow
    3- Decapitation
    4- Butcher IX
    5- Stunning Punch or Earth Shatter
    6- Butcher IX
    *If the target gets loose from 1st stun, wait 3 seconds and hit him with Earth Shatter or Stunning Punch
    *Use At the Gates perk if you have it somewhere between (watch the target buffs and hit it at the right moment, so the perk hits with max damage)
    *Use Blitz when target runs too far away

Extra detail vs classes that i used when zerker (with Liberation and At the Gates perks active), these tips are based on the most used feat builds by other players (dont get surprised if one or another necro doesnt die for example like most others do):

NECROMANCER:
    1- attack with the Liberation and Agile Mind abilities ready;
    2a- if you get STUNNED, use AGILE MIND;
    2b- watch his castbar or the toon animation, if he start casting his FEAR, use LIBERATION to prevent getting feared and use At the Gates at this point because the Liberation also increases the base dps;
    3- Rest of the fight its just running after the necro because he just runs like a dead clown

DEMONOLOGIST:
    1- attack with Excelent Balance and Escape Artist abilities ready;
    2- Before getting within a polearm weapon distance range, use Excelent Balance to prevent the demo from KB you and use his FLAME (huge disadvantaged if that happens at the beginning);
    3- Use the Escape Artist when the demo snares you (cant remember the name of the ability), if he runs away he will have his speed increased most likely, so run after him and wait for the right moment to use the Blitz ability and get near him faster (dont use it until his speed buff wears off unless he gets too far away to start healing, its very useful to have Arcane Marauder at this point)
    4- Rest of the fight is like the necromancer, jumping like a pokemon from one-side to the other and hitting small instant casts, but his harder to kill than the necro, so save EARTH SHATTER combo for this moment

RANGER
    1- Attack with all the anti-CC tools ready
    2- is basically a fight against a demo, but way harder for atleast these reasons:
    a) cloth armor vs medium armor
    b) more damage than the demo (specially when they use the TTS perk with you getting damage from dots)
    c) every type of CC tool available
    3- cant tell exactly one type of tactic against them, because players use lots of different builds, some for full damage (AKA k/d whores, which are the easiest ones to kill), some for full survival (lots of CC-tools), etc

ASSASSIN
    1- You can play agasint with no ANTI-CC tool available but your own CC-Combo must be available
    2- its very hard to predict a sin tactic against you, because there are numerous amounts of different builds by different players, so i cant say to much about it also, you have to determine on the spot what to do
    3b- get near him and watch his buffs, he will start a combo and use damage tools, kite him until it wears of, dont let him get near you, a good way to do this, is to run pass him, but be careful if he charges you, you will get rooted (escape artist to use)
    3b- go against him and hit a directional hit to swing your weapon once to lure him to use his evading tools because he will see your building a combo and wil ltry to evade the damage, but guess what, it was a bait , then wait the effect to wear off
    4- overall you have to wait for the sin to attack you, and you play defensive, then go offensive (beware though, most sins just run away with the tail between the legs using the speed buff they have when you play like this )

TANKS/HEALERS
    overall dont fight them alone, specially PoM and Conq on the current state of "balance"...
    from my experience the ones i could fight and kill (or even die but with a god fight), were BS and ToS...
    the DT/Guards depend a bit on their style play and builds, but i died more than killed against them...

BARBARIAN
    find it by yourself
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

I would always take it offensive to a sin, barbs have more cc escape and the only thing a sin can do to you is kb you.

So, if you see his arm make a round circle or 2 daggers trusted in front of him, you know a kb is coming. This means use anti kb or time a directional jump.

After that, DoD will take care of him easily with any combo, but I suggest cc first.

If he uses cat's paw, kite, if he uses avatar stun, then wrecks /DoD, but if he uses speed + (cats paw or avatar) your screwed but that almost never happens.(I don't even know if I have seen it in a mini)

Wreck armor 3 + 4 + DoD + hast + ATG and any sin/clothie is dead. (what sucks is that you have to wait a min for this 10 sec of fury and if you miss, your screwed, but still play offensive from the start or the sin will get the blow on you first)

Run around smacking people with wreck armor, cc break/ cc when you need and help support and play smart. if you can stun everyone with earth shatter you can really pile on the damage with the reaver toolset.
    http://is.gd/E1tRSn

Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiller View Post
    Run around smacking people with wreck armor, cc break/ cc when you need and help support and play smart. if you can stun everyone with earth shatter you can really pile on the damage with the reaver toolset.
    http://is.gd/E1tRSn
    That's not much of a zerker build...

Hybrid (mostly reaver) is probably the best pvp spec for barbs but I really hate it; no matter how you look at it, the truth is, you're playing a gimped sin. Rush in, burst, rush out, with lower and slower burst and none of the tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12