Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best accessories?

Default best accessories?

I'm a little torn+confused do I want combat rating necklace, or fire damage? I try to be an avatar based pvp hox but I may switch to boring poss/gen until I get full khatai as I get melted in literally seconds..

Could you guys tell me what accessories you guys are rocking. magic vs combat

Magic damage accessories are the best for a HoX(until you can get t4 accessories). Combat rating is more or less complete crap for a HoX.

well I was going to save my rares until revamp to see if that was still the case I guess I won't wait anymore

Short answer: +magic. The magic neck reward from the destiny quest is a great all-round piece; if not that, look for Mysterious Necklace from the Trader for a good combo of survivability and damage in early Khitai.

The first problem with Combat Rating is that it requires a lot more skill and luck for melee damage to pay off consistently, due to range and shielding. The second problem with CR is that physical damage (and thus the benefit from CR) scales downward across multiple targets, unlike our DoTs and passive damage (e.g., DE's pulsing AoE), which are buffed by +magic. (If you're asking about rings too, then 2 x Dreamer's Keepsake helps with early Khitai/PVP a lot.)

The general strat for spec, accessories, and consumables:
    • solo PVE and PVP, spec for survivability and debuffs and wear a balance of Int (or +magic) and CR;
    • 3+ targets (esp raid trash), spec for DoTs and passive damage and wear all +magic (you want BtD ticking hard);
    • single target, static fights where you can stay in range 100% and can hit unshielded sides at will: spec for passive damage, stay tight on combos in rotation, and wear/eat a mix of CR and +magic (Int only if you have huge pieces).
    Last edited by Prima; 31st July 2013 at 17:57.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

thanks for the quick responses. I'm still torn should I buy the big pieces of BB or wolves. Wolves has MUCH more health+armor. But losses some +magic damage. But my server doesn't do t-4 raids, and i'm pvp 1 so I worry in full BB I would get melted in 2 combos by some ranger..

I'm leaning heavily towards wolves just for the fact I could survive and it would really help the damage from combos. and maybe go +magic rings+necklace..

I've asked this before but i'm still just as torn. Opinions?

Full Wolves has 300+ (EDIT: MAFF FALE!) less magic than full BB, which is a ton. That's 175 off every HfB. They end up with the same combat rating after you convert Wolves' Str. But BB has terrible HP -- 1600 less than Wolves -- and you can't DPS if you're dead.

So I'd lean Wolves if I was starting fresh with a PVP HoX. But I'm not sure I'd dump rares on Wolves. I'd spend the rares on Trial if I had them (if I don't, then I'd camp T1-T2 raids for a weapon), then switch to Wolves; once I had the Wolves blues and MOA epics, I'd fill the gaps with PVP gear from the item store. If I wasn't getting focused one particular night, I'd use the blue Con+Magic accessories; otherwise, it'd be every survivability accessory I could cram on.
    Last edited by Prima; 1st August 2013 at 06:48.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

After reading this thread is think i may keep trying to get the Amp sword, flag Trial (as my guild does alot of T4) and go with wWolves so i can pick and choose bits from them and BB
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

I have the T-2 fury of xotli sword.. so i'm good on swords.. I am tired of being melted in minis however, I think I need to go wolves gear. And wolves only has 295 less magic..

581 magic vs. 421 int.. = 295... soooo, i'm thinking the 700+ armor and health from wolves is a no brainer... only prob is it's int and not magic so BTD will not hit as hard

Brittle blade set for a HoX, anytime.
    Trying to turtle down with a class which is a glass cannon to begin with does not strike me as highly relevant.

I mean, HoX is not a soldier, you can go full wolves, but hey, you'll get 2-shot by any sin no matter what, so you might as well just get some fire power.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexpredator View Post
    And wolves only has 295 less magic..
    What do you mean only? this is huge amount!
    I seen some people play with wolves gear as avatar hox, but personally i would always go for pvp and bb gear mix. And later when you are full t2 pvp gear than depends on opponent group, either bb, mix or full pvp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast