Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Legion of Amun Ra

Zsolaith
    Guardian Cimmerian

OSD

Cimmeria PvP-RP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they approached a large tavern, Kashta wondered if Zsolaith had other plans for them, but she was distracted from this thought as they reached the top floor which was fully open to the sky above. Ahead of them could be seen a few noblemen as well as the highest representative of the Grey Knights, Mufallah, his arms crossed with a look of unhappiness upon his face. He had just finished a lengthy sermon to the Governor, advising him that his actions were out of line for the people of Tesso and that he did not have the right to enforce martial law. The Governor shrugged away from Mufallah, physically scared when in his presence... knowing full well that Mufallah did not recognize the government that he setup. As Zsolaith approached, he bowed to Mufallah, then turned towards the Chancellor. (Chancellor Spoog Kyul played by Sprig)

"Chancellor Spoog Kyul, we wish to speak with the Governor directly." stated Zsolaith dryly.

Spoog was an intensely busy man. His life was surrounded by the logic of paper and the writings upon them. He did not care to interact with others, instead focusing his attention of his ongoing discussions with the Governor. His knowledge was unmatched in these parts as he literally was able to convey information steadily to multiple parties at once as could once again be seen that day.

"The 4-900 form covers recreation and tourism. It is the most feasible policy to be enacted." stated Spoog, still consumed with other affairs. An attendant nodded then walked off. Turning to a young cloaked woman for a moment, "How long do these papers last, you ask? It depends on your... purpose. Please advise whoever you work for, if that is the case, that if they wish papers they must come to me alone."

Zsolaith breathed in deeply, then cleared his throat loudly.

Lora smirked. "We did not require papers to enter these parts before? I highly doubt I will acknowledge such a request. It might change how I deal with the Tesso government."

Spoog smiled. "That is unfortunate." Turning finally to face the party with Zsolaith, sporting an uncaring look upon his face, he waved away another attendant and shifted forward. "Unfortunately the Governor is quite busy. Yes... yes.. quite busy. How may I help you?"

Zsolaith had a quizzical look upon his face as Kashta spoke. "My name is Kashta... we are..."

Spoog cut in as he turned to another attendant that had approached. "A 3-900 form will only allow for transport or grazing of animals." The attendant nodded, then faded away.

Keyarie made the next attempt. "Thank you for your assistance. We require papers, it seems, in order to visit your small town."

Kashta stamped her foot upon the wooden floor boards. "We were not aware of any papers needed. We have come here to offer aid to the family of my brothers wife."

Silverboots cut in. "Dissidents have been attempting to siege control of the area with illegal operations, and Governor Myrtilos' life is in constant danger. Until he can reorganize his Tesso guards to better handle the situation, you cannot do business here without the proper papers."

Keyarie placed a hand on the shoulder of Kashta, while staring at Spoog. "Please forgive my friend as she is under a great deal of stress."

Kashta composed herself and spoke again. "Of course, i'm sorry, but this seems very... unnecessary. My brother is worried sick, his wife has taken ill from her own concerns."

Spoog turned his head, speaking to another attendant. "The I-200 form covers medical needs." Turning back, he rubbed his chin. "So you are a doctor then? Do you have a license of some sort issued by an Aquilonian court?"

"I do not practice medicine, I merely wish to provide some of my little wealth to them if needed... and bring them back with us if they wish."

Keyarie broke her gaze with the Chancellor. "We merely wish to find her family."

Kashta shifted ever so slightly. "We don't know where the family resides. We were going to start looking in Tesso for them and move on from there. She... spoke of a farm."

Spoog's eyes squinted as the corner of his mouth raised ever so slightly. "It takes time to draft up more papers, ink is very costly in these parts and time is hard to come by. As well, parchment paper from the far east is dangerous to have delivered to us... very treacherous terrain. I might be able to pull the Governor away from more important things and have him place his signature on a fresh I-630 authorization document, but we would expect a donation to the Tesso Government of no less that 20 silver." Trying to turn his back to Mufallah as he spoke more quietly, "If you are in a hurry, just quickly pass me 10 silver and i'll get on it right away."

A moment went by with utter silence, Spoog, realizing he had been slightly too open with the people around him, just noticed that he was chuckling out loud. As well, the look upon the face of Kashta and Keyarie spoke volumes, as Kashta clenched her fist.

Regaining his composure and turning away from them, Spoog uttered sharply, "Many have attempted a ploy to gain access to the town. Silver Dragon, remove them from my presence."

Startled, his face tightened, Zsolaith frowned at the Chancellor, unsure of his swift remarks. "Chancellor, can we not make an exception for them? They are on important family matters?"

Hoping for a more positive response, Keyarie spoke again. "We mean no harm to you or your town. We simply wish to find her family and aide them in whatever way we can."

Waving them away yet again, the Chancellor moved back towards the Governor. "Time is being wasted. Move along."

Mufallah spoke. "You see Zsolaith, they are not interested in truly helping the people of this land, they only wish to line the Governor's coffers... no more."

Choking suddenly, Governor Myrtilos grasped a colleagues shoulder as he appeared to cough wildly. Within a moment he moved farther away from the conversation, locked in discussion with his colleagues. He wondered to himself when the leader of the Grey Knights would leave his township, taking his noble warriors with him. "Chancellor, have them all removed now... i tire of their presence.", his head turning ever so slightly towards Mufallah, "Especially the one infected by Zelata. For all we know he is supporting those plagued bandits!".

Chancellor Spoog Kyul turned and scurried to the Governor's side. "But Mufallah is authorized to be here... so that the people of the surrounding hills and valleys have a voice..." He suddenly stopped as the Governor stared at him directly. both walked towards the other side the floor.

Mufallah held his composure, then slowly his gaze turned towards Zsolaith.

Zsolaith tightened his grip on the pommel of his sword, amazed at the indecency that the Governor portrayed. His eyes darted to cross gazes with Mufallah, reading the thoughts upon his face. Days before, Mufallah tried desperately to relay the apparent true intentions of the Governor, but Zsolaith would have no hear of it. Now, right before his eyes, the Governor acted as if he was a madman with the intent on the secret subjugation of his people... or was that just an illusion coming from his heavy-handedness. Many leaders have been strong-willed, driving their societies forward towards the future. He had seen very little that proved the Governor to be against his people, othen than his current actions and the long discussion with Mufallah before-hand. However Zsolaith's mind was becoming more clear as the days progressed.. Unsure of his thoughts, Zsolaith wished that things might have played out differently. Once Sook Dukar stood before the Grand Aquilonian Council, their support for the Governor apparently solid and unwaving, agreeing to fulfill their official request for the Silver Dragons to humbly support the Tesso government with military troops, there was no changing their course. His head began to throb as he focused his attention on the matter at hand, knowing in his heart that he must do what he knew was right regardless of what the Governor stated.

Disregarding the Governors demand, Zsolaith turned to Mufallah. "Is there anyway that you might be able to assist here, Mufallah? Would your Grey Knights be able to provide protection for these travellers so that they might reach their destination? Under your guard they will be able to freely roam through the city and therefore... bypass the need for papers."

Mufallah, now focused on the Governor, turned back to Zsolaith. "It would be a pleasure to help where needed, my friend, but not on behalf of this so-called Governor." Turning to the women, he nodded and motioned for them to follow him.

Kashta sighed, unhappy with all that had occurred. "We will go with him. Thank you for your time." Her voice was flat and unimpressed.

TO BE CONTINUED

Zso

Mufallah
    Ranger Stygian

The Grey Knights

Cimmeria PvP-RP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mufallah paced back and forth, his heavy boots making hard echoes across a landing of warped planks in Zelata's cave.

Tesso. What was to be done?

Tierra Odin emerged from the midnight shadows, the fire's ever-burning flame playing with his expression. Mufallah knew it was not possible for a man to be both grim and delighted.

"Any word from Veronius?"

"Hail, Mufallah."

Mufallah checked himself. Again, he was loosing sight of what mattered, perhaps more so in times of peril -- friends. He stopped still, the echoes of his footfall pattering out to the crisp crackle of the logs.

"I am sorry. Greetings, my friend," he said.

"No worries."

Tierra squated beside the fire, gazing into it.

"No word either," he said.

In the weeks of the Order of Silver Dragons's occupation of Tesso, order had been a good part restored. Then why was he so tense? Mufallah feared for the people. The Dragon had lured many enemies from the south, small in number, but perhaps not so for long. And then, Mufallah caught wind of an old name spoken by a strange woman to Zeiryhus. Satet Ka. So the wizard was not dead. This bore of bad tidings.

"Your pacing is enough to wake the dead," Tierra Odin said.

Indeed, Mufallah had started again. He forced himself to stop, then walked over across the fire from Tierra.

"Don't worry," he said. "Veronius will do what he can."

Mufallah hoped some good word would be sent soon. Last he spoke with the Ibian, he had asked Veronius to use his years serving under Conan to win council with the King or, at the very least, one of his aids. Did the King know of Tesso's long disparaging history. If so, did they not care? And more, how much gold was being payed to Governor Myrtilos all these years to bat down its curse?

Mufallah was certain that treachery was at play in the governor's court and he wished to prove it soon. Mufallah was resolute--Tesso needed its own skilled troops to battle the diseased wolves and the men of diseased minds who plagued it, not the--

"Mufallah," a woman's voice called from the entrance of the cave over the sound of a galloping horse's hooves. "You should be ashamed."

It was Councillor Orenda. She dismounted and drew forth from the shadows, he face full of reproach.

"What are you doing here at the cave?"

"Have you forgotten Tesso?"

"Have you forgotten your sick...Carolyne."

Mufallah and his Aquilonian love Carolyne had still never married. Religious differences could be put aside. It was time that had not allowed. After their son's birth they had sworn that they would be wed in the spring when her health had returned. Spring and fall had passed and her health had only worsened.

"We are a fellowship, are we not?" She asked and walked nearer, her voice softening yet still commanding for such a small woman.

"What is this?" Mufallah did not know what to say. "Now and for all time."

"Then perhaps you should remember, you are not the only Grey Knight who can watch the town."

Tierra chuckled. The hooves of Councillor Voldar's horse could be heard too coming up the road with several more. The fireside would bear much mirth tonight.

Mufallah bowed his head in a respectful nod. Orenda placed her hand on his shoulder. She had been an old and good friend to him.

"Go. I will send any news to you at Arretium."

Zsolaith
    Guardian Cimmerian

OSD

Cimmeria PvP-RP

Sook Dukar focused upon the form of Khamasrim directly in front of him as the Silver Guard companions stood at hand, weapons always ready when unknowns approached their leader. "I have the authority granted to me by the local Governor. Escalate your concerns if you wish... we have work to do."

Briesse had a quizzical look upon her face. "You want to see our goods? They are honest legitimate goods for sale in the North."

Zuggergris shifted closer to Briesse. "Sweeten that tongue of yours when you address our Lord!"

Khamasrim grumbled loudly as she attempted to step closer to Sook who had already turned away. Her approach was cut short as blades quickly blocked her route. "The local Governor? What does he own? Ten cows? This is the **** of bulls!"

Sook stopped, peering back over his shoulder. "Euranthan, search their possessions." Euranthan moved towards the supply carts with three other men and they began to shift items and uncover cloaked wares and generic supplies, eyeing everything. Briesse waved towards them all in an accepting fashion. "Good, good. Let them look. We have nothing to hide. We are traders transporting legitimate goods."

A Silver Dragon guard shifted closer to Briesse and Khamasrim. "You will consent to a search as well?" Her eyes widening, Briesse frowned. "Not us, our supply wagons."

Khamasrim stepped back, her eyes darting back and forth. "No one is searching me! You wanna see my papers? Crom's balls I swear!"

Draxor, a member of the Silver Guard Companions, smiled at Khamasrim. "Be at ease, please."

Euranthan turned back to the group as his men shifted away from the supplies. "All clear m'lord." While speaking with an attendant that had approached him with information, Sook turned away for a moment, then once again faced the small group. "Issue them temporary travel papers to assist their departure from this region. Let these travelers pass through Tesso. Once they are outside of the immediate region these papers are worthless and will not allow a return. For that, you will need to request official authorization papers from the Governor."

Briesse's face puckered up as she spit blindly near the feet of Sook Dukar. "We don't need your stinking papers! Khama, refuse to take them! We are legitimate business and we do not need their papers. Searching the wagons is acceptable, but they do not determine laws above and beyond the King's law of the land."

Khamasrim's body seemed to tighten as her breathing patterns changed. She was ready to fight. "Damn right Bree! Load up the wagons! We walkin' here."

Sook crossed his arms, impressed at the sheer disregard they had for the authority that surrounded them. He corner of his lips pursed upwards. "No papers... no passage. It is, after all, for your safety."

Briesse laughed while shifting some items on the carts, "Let's move out.", then turning towards Sook, "Our safety, my ass."

Zuggergrish tightened the grip on his weapon. "If you refuse the travel papers and we will throw you into a holding cell. Take the papers and walk free..." Another Silver Dragon, Lucey, spoke out."If you will not accept the papers you must be placed in a holding cell for further investigation."

Briesse screamed in fury at the Silver Dragons that had now surrounded their small caravan. "This is an outrage! You are trying to interrupt the legitimate business of legitimate travellers! Glorix, fix the ties on the last wagon, quickly, we are riding through."

Lucey spoke out again, directly to Briesse. "A legitimate trader would accept the papers." Sook shook his head from side to side. "We have granted access, you you refuse the authorization papers. Explain this logic to me?"

Khamasrim appeared to be exhausted of the conversation as she loudly screamed, "Alright fine!" Grabbing the temporary travel papers from a nearby Silver Dragon, she stuffed them within the side of her loosely fit shirt. As she did this, Briesse turned and glared at her, hatred on her face for what Khamasrim had done.

Sook smiled. "Leave the area quickly travellers... Soldiers, allow them passage out of Tesso."

Khamasrim, feeling the gaze of Briesse still upon her, quickly uttered a retort, "... papers... something to wipe me ass with."

One of the Amazon warriors, Shahine, had approached and had witnessed the events that had transpired. Trying to add a flair of positive attitude she added,"Enjoy your travel through Tesso..."

As Briesse and Khamasrim rode a short distance up the cobbled streets towards the main gates of Tesso, they glared at each other, laughed loudly then crumpled up the papers , throwing them to the ground beside the turning wheels of their small wagons. Upon seeing this, both Zuggergris and Euranthan unsheathed their weapons and started moving towards them. Sook waved his arm in the air towards Zuggergris, signaling to them all to stand down. "This is a tough time for these people. Just monitor that they continue through the gates and we will leave them be."

Picking up the crumpled papers lying in the dirt, she straightened them out and held them out towards Sook. "I believe these were the papers that Euranthan issued." Eyeing the lovely form of Shahine, "Indeed. Thank you m'lady."

As one event ended, another began as a passerby named Vishpala stepped forth nearby as a Silver Dragon guard approached him. "You are required to produce authorization papers."

Sook patted Zuggergris on the shoulder. "I leave this in your hands, man." Zuggergris nodded and proceeded with the questioning as Sook walked towards the temporary barracks they had set-up upon their arrival in Tesso.

Sook Dukar was a wise and noble warrior, finding strength and satisfaction in his personal conviction of mind. His presence was not required within Tesso, the small garrison of Silver Dragons were fully capable of keeping order within these white stone walls, but compassion for his men ran deep within his blood.

He already knew that the Governor was known for underhanded dealings in this region, as beforehand on numerous occasions the Governor had approached Sook Dukar with ill will for others in mind. Laughter and pity would be on Sooks face as he would turn away from Myrtilos each time. However this request was different. Many extra steps had been taken by Governor Myrtilos to ensure his plans would play out like a fine-tuned harp. He left no stones unturned when he approached the Aquilonian state-heads in his request for support from the Order of the Silver Dragons. Too many steps... which was uncalled for by a Governor of his status and level. Something was wrong, and Sook Dukar knew it. The Governor was fully aware that it would have been almost impossible for Sook to disregard an official request for help from the Aquilonian Council... and this fact alone solidified the current occupation of Tesso by the OSD. With this said, Sook could still have turned away, but he had become interested in what those plans were.

So Sook stayed the course, knowing full well that he had placed some of his men in the midst of the lion's massive jaws. Tensions would build up in this region and the Governor's plans would play out. This was a given, but now... things would be different. The Governor had made one key mistake when he forged whatever evil intentions he had. The Silver Dragons are not just hired guards who would take a bribe, they were warriors and mystics of compassion and honor. Whatever lesion was upon this town would not continue to fester, instead the Silver Dragons would slice and let it bleed out, fully exposing the Governor's plans for all to see, even the Aquilonian Council. At least, this was the plan. As well, it was not by chance that the Emissary of the Silver Dragons had been requested to lead a small garrison into Tesso. It was by choice. It was his years of service in situations like this that had strengthened Zsolaith. His role was cut out for him... and so was Tesso. Only time was needed for this stories act to reach a conclusion.

TO BE CONTINUED

Zso

Zsolaith
    Guardian Cimmerian

OSD

Cimmeria PvP-RP

Running as fast as possible inside of plated and chain-strapped armor, Zsolaith followed closely to Coyotli who had alerted him to a murder attempt against one of his men guarding the front gates of Tesso. As they moved through the gates he became aware of several people standing around the hurt guard which he immediately recognized as Khari. Zsolaith gave orders for the other men to pan out along the cobbled streets to provide coverage to them. Directly in front of him, Khari could be seen lying in a pool of his own blood.

Kneeled over at his side was seen Morquendi, a face that Zsolaith remembered from a few moons earlier, as well as Anutushet who held a small compressor on a deep wound while Khari moaned deeply...his breathing sounded labored.

Morquendi touched his hand to Khari's neck and waited a moment. "He is still alive, but barely."

Eyeing the nearby terrain, Zsolaith kept his weapon exposed. "What has happened here?"

Anutushet spoke softly. "This man bleeds... bring a healer quickly or he will die." She waited then peered at Zsolaith. "Now Northlander." Realizing, Zsolaith signaled some of the men to bring the town's healer at soon as they could.

Morquendi turned to Zsolaith, "Your guard was ambushed, but by who I am not sure. If you would allow it, I can assist him as well."

Trying to slow her heart rate, Coyotli stood nearby to offer assistance, but she was not sure what service she could still provide. "He was caught in some sort of tussle not a few minutes ago."

Zsolaith put away his weapon and moved to Khari. "Morquendi, Anutushet, please do whatever you can. We must quickly slow the bleeding to allow us to remove him from the streets. He is in danger out here. We must take him to the barracks where we can tend to his wounds more regularly."

As another Silver Dragon, Lucey, approached to assist, Anutushet removed her hands away from his wounds, readiying herself to place the bandages back if the bleeding continued. Placing his weight between the two of them, both Morquendi and Zsolaith carried Khari and placed him within the confines of the barracks, his wounds being tended to by Anutushet. As they moved through the center of town, Zsolaith felt uneasy at the situation before them, not sure how it would all pan out over the next while. Placing Khari down on a wooden bed, Anutushet continued to pay him attention with Lucey assisting in whatever way she could.

Zsolaith sighed and turned away from them. "I will return shortly to see how you are healing, my friend."

Tired from the events that had transpired under the hot sun of the afternoon, Zsolaith wandered back towards the massive tent that had been pitched as a temporary barracks for his men. All around him could be seen Silver Dragons doing whatever they could to hold the peace in the grounds immediately within the Tesso compound. Moving underneath a large storage housing, he could hear many voices up ahead... as well as the voice of Sook Dukar. His eyes squinted slightly as he could make out the forms of many unknown men that had formed in a small circle immediately in front of Dukar.

Unloosening the strap along the pommel of his sword, Zsolaith scurried towards the conversation that was commencing.

"State your business here!", shouted Euranthan at a massive Cimmerian warrior standing near the large bonfire the Silver Dragons had created to warm them at night. At his sides were many other Cimmerians, armed and ready for battle at a moments notice. Their sheer size was overbearing to many of the Silver Dragons standing nearby to protect their Dragon Paladin leader. Sook Dukar, however, was not impressed by any show of force within the walls of Tesso.

Turning to peer at Euranthan as he narrowed his eyes, the largest of the Cimmerians, Fearghus, gazed down upon him. "Our business here is our own. You do not command a Cimmerian Chieftain to go anywhere." At this statement, Sook's eyes narrowed as well as he eyed the chieftain, memorizing his face.

Euranthan, not fearful of the Cimmerians size, straightened his back as he spoke. "Then leave this area, Cimmerian!"

The Silver Dragon, Draxor, stepped forth and attempted to hand a small parchment to the chieftain, but was intercepted by another who stepped between them, snatching the parchment from Draxor's hands. He read it to himself, smiled, then handed it to the chieftain.

The chieftain looked it over, then spoke directly to Draxor. "A proclamation request for support from Governor Myrtilos. So... we do not have papers and must leave then? You would question those who were friends of the Invictans?"

Draxor shrugged. "I follow the orders of my Lord whom I respect and I know was friends to the Invictans as well. No disrespect is meant, chieftain."

The chieftain laughed. "Then tell your Lord that he can ask me in person... instead of sending grunts to do his work for him."

At this, Sook Dukar spoke up. "I do not send grunts to do my work, chieftain, as everyone within my order are equals. I am the Dragon Paladin Sook Dukar, son of Benef Dukar. How might we assist you in this small township of Tesso?"

Fearghus crossed his arms. "I am Fearghus of the Elkhorn Clan. There is nothing that you, or any members of your order, could assist... me.... with, unless you can pull back on the leash of your men."

Sook stepped closer to Fearghus, coming face to face with him.

"I cannot do this. We have been asked by the local authorities to secure the land." stated Sook as hey eyed the Cimmerian chieftain.

"You have, have you.", Fearghus chuckled to himself as he looked to Isleene and Sienna at his immediate left.

Sook continued. "I have my oath, Cimmerian. My men will ensure this land is secure, and by the Governor himself, he stated that only those with proper clearance papers may pass into Tesso." At this Fearghus raised a brow as Sook still spoke. "These are troubled times, traveller... but our intentions are simply to secure the people... to protect them. There are marauders about..."

Fearghus spoke loudly, stalling Sook in mid sentence. "So you would question those who are honored friends of Invicta?"

As this was said, all eyes fell upon a stumbling Silver Dragon that moved close to the group of Cimmerians. It was Zuggergris, the smell of intoxication upon him.

Rommach, one of the Cimmerian warriors near to Fearghus, turned in disdain from the foul drunken smell.

Sook peered downwards, unhappy with the untimely entrance of his colleague. "Euranthan, ensure Zuggergris is removed from here at once and his rations for the day are halved. We cannot have one of our members actively indisposed of is such a fashion." Euranthan helped Zuggergris stumble towards the barracks where he was allowed to sleep off the rest of his stupor.

Lunai, a member of the Amazons, shook her head as she scoffed under her breath. "Drunken men."

Sienna, a female Cimerrian at the side of Fearghus, spoke up. "Ye call these soldiers? All I see be drunks."

Sook scoffed. "There are many that enter this township with false intentions... one of my best men was murdered earlier, his body mutilated. These are troubling times, indeed. By my oath I will ensure these lands are protected while my order is within them, and we will honor it's laws. With the departure of Invicta, the Governor has escalated the required enforcement until things settle down."

Fearghus glanced at Kullen nearby for but a moment, then his attention turned to Isleene. Rommach shifted over to Kullen and spoke quietly to him.

Sook spoke out. "We do not intend to battle... no one here questions your ferocity in combat, as my men have indeed visited your lands to the North. But in this land the Governor is the law, and we represent the Governor, so my order will ensure the Governor's people are protected."

At this, Sienna spoke out. "Aye, yer men 'ave visited us, ta demand we make war on other Cimmerians. We've nay forgotten that".

Sook adjusted his belt as he spoke. "Indeed, we have a spotty history with your people, but the fact remains, our traders have been raided and many of them have been murdered."

Lunai turned to Sienna. "What has happened to Ahearn? Is he not well?"

Fearghus eyed Lunai. "His leg is shattered. He will heal in time...until then, I speak on behalf of the Elkhorn Clan."

Lunai felt uncomfortable as she became agitated. "This is not good news. I have not seen Ahearn or Allomi in many moons."

Fearghus stepped forward, his massive size bloated as his breathing became quicker. "You would be wise not to speka of Allomi to him if you ever cross paths with Ahearn again. She betrayed his trust and would lose her head if he came across her."

"Ahearn has been injured, as Fearghus spoke of. He has stepped down as Chieftain. Fearghus now leads our clan." stated Sienna.

Fearghus returned his gaze towards Sook who began to speak again. "Fearghus, your people are welcome here... but they will require travel papers granting the proper authority from the Governor. Myrtilos would be a fool to disregard granting authority to the Elkhorn Clan to pass through this town. All I can promise is to speak with him on your behalf."

Fearghus blared out for all to hear, "We are Cimmerians! You either accept our oath as our word, or you call us dishonorable!" Upon those words the many Elkhorn Clan Cimmerians surrounding him removed their weapons, holding them out for all to see.

"The law of the township remains.", stated Dukar, holding his composure. "If you wish unopposed access you must have papers. My work is done here." With that, Sook turned away from the Chieftain and his men, walking briskly around the bonfire towards the center of town.

As Sook moved away, Fearghus let out a howl, "Wait!"

Sook turned back to face him as Fearghus spoke. "I will consider this process but I do have a message. Do you remember Venarium?"

Sook squinted under the sunlight. "I seem to recall a conflict of sorts and his name was involved."

"Do you recall what the battle was about?" stated Fearghus, gazing at all the warriors ahead of him. "Venarium was when Aquilonians chose to settle in Cimmeria. when Cimmeria rose up and conquered it... they were Cimmerians... they were Elkhorn to me...."

Fearghus stopped sharply in his words as a massive explosion of light could be seen nearby at the entrance gates of Tesso, the screams of pain and anguish echoing from the white stone walls nearby.

Armed and unarmed men and woman scattered in all directions, trying to gain a footing against an unknown assailant, not sure of what was happening. Zsolaith unsheathed his sword, turning and moving away from Sook and the Elkhorn Clan members, calling to the Silver Guard Companions to ensure they protect the Dragon Paladin.

Words of hatred could be heard amidst the chaos, "Rise up against the Silver Dragons, OSD must die, bandits... kill them all!"

TO BE CONTINUED

Zsolaith
    Guardian Cimmerian

OSD

Cimmeria PvP-RP

A chill was upon the evening air as a raven flew a short distance overhead, eyeing the bleeding corpses that littered the cobbled streets within the small township of Tesso. Heavily-clad soldiers sporting the mark of a Silver Dragon upon their chestplate dragged the lethargic bodies of unknown assailants amidst their fallen comrades. Shouting could still be heard far outside of the white stone walls surrounding Tesso, various Silver Dragon mystics and warriors had taken chase into the forest as the vagrants had earlied turned and run. They risked themselves by stretching out so far from the protection within the walls, but they looked for revenge upon the devious acts that had just occurred.

Leaning against the side of the central well, Zsolaith steadily focused his attention on a large piece of metal lodged within his arm, a stream of blood running inside his under chain shirt dripped from his elbow to merge with the blood soaked stones below. He already knew that this wound could only cause him concern in the near future. Disregarding his predicament, he turned to see Zuggergris running towards him, stopping in salute.

"Zuggergris, call back the men who have left the protection of the township. We do not have the ability to stretch ourselves thinner than we are. As well, send one of your men to gather intelligence on Sook Dukar. We must ensure that he still lives after this insurgency upon this town."

Zuggergris saluted, turned and gave orders to one of his own men as he scooted out through the entrance to Tesso.

Leaning back upon his legs, Zsolaith straightened himself and focused on the situation around him. A refreshed flow of blood trickled down his arm. Walking towards the rivers edge, he was approached by several Grey Knights who had come together in discussion.

"This has gone far enough, my friend." stated Mufallah. "As you know we had previously severed ties with the Governor, and we now ask that the Silver Dragons do so as well. Just look around you... look at the carnage that has come to this city. This much blood has not been spilled here in many moons."

Zsolaith held his arm as he found his breathing sproradic. "Aye, there seemed to be no reasoning behind this attack other than our militia's placement within these walls. This one fact alone I can fully agree with, Mufallah. However, from what my eyes saw this day is more than vagrants and unauthorized traders causing an uproar... what I saw was a coordinated attack upon these walls in a very short period of time. What we are dealing with in the Wild Lands is a more centralized disruptive force that does not wish an outside influence here... and they are physically capable of striking with sufficient force to potentially push us out."

"Fill the hive with honey, Zsolaith, and the bear will come."

"Aye, but we cannot disregard a plea for help from the Governor. Understandably so he has been known for underhanded dealings in the past and no doubt he has some alterior motives now, but regardless we cannot change our presence in these lands. We must now play out our part that fate has thrust upon us."

Mufallah crossed his arms. "Battle will find you... but no good will come of this for the people of Tesso."

Appearing at their sides, Zuggergris slowed down his pace and stood before them, visibly tired and sweating from the events that had previously occurred. "Emissary, Sook has stationed himself within the storage housing that holds all shipments that arrive along the river. He has not been hindered as his Silver Guard Companions protected him throughout... one of them has received a mortal wound."

Zsolaith bowed his head as Zitronor stepped forward, a grave look of concern upon his face. "What of the money that the Governor has collected for papers? No doubt to line his own coffers..."

Turning to look at him, Zsolaith sighed heavily. "I have made note of those occurrences and will address them with Sook Dukar... once I speak with him. I must attend to my men, good sir. I hope that we can confer our thoughts in the near future to determine the best course of action. Good journeys to you, my friends." Struggling forward, Zsolaith hobbled towards the rivers edge.

A lone Amazon, Shahine, stood close by, watching the discussion at hand as an Elkhorn Clansman, Rommach, stepped closer to peer at her. "I have order from my Chieftain to help secure this town from further bloodshed. I understand the Amazons obey to the Silver Dragon's orders..."

Upon hearing this, Shahine scoffed, clearly unimpressed. "We are here in support of our friends, we come without orders." She turned to face the Cimmerian as she smiled softly.

"I would have thought otherwise, seeing their men lead, and your women follow. Regardless, where should i keep post?" He scoffed, waiting on her reaction, but received none in return. Instead two other Amazons stepped within close proximity of him. Lucey spoke out. "I find it ironic that you say we women are subserviant to the Dragons, and yet here you are... a simple male, asking women for directions." At this they all began to laugh.

Rommach frowned. "Aye, and yet you do not assist me with an answer. I will see to those who can provide me with the answers i seek."

Just outside of the storage housing being used by the Silver Dragons as their central monitoring point, Sook Dukar stood with the very annoyed form of Fearghus, his clansmen all around watching for more assailants to approach.

"Offer any support these southerers need to cut the throats of the bandits that dared to assail us within these walls.", blared Fearghus to his men, turning to stare directly at Sook Dukar.

"I make this clear, Dragons... we will come for Stonehammer one day, when you least expect it. Here in Tesso, we respect the laws of this foreign land because that is the respect we gave to Invicta. But do not make the mistake of assuming we are as the Snowhawks."

Sook nodded respectfully, his eyes studying the form of Fearghus as he felt they would one day be locked in combat. As Fearghus turned with his men in leave, Sook uttered, "Chieftain, I hope I never hear your battlehorns on Stonehammer. That would be very unfortunate, and a sad day for your clan... There are darker forces about, those that threaten the livelihood of both of us. I will weigh matters heavily but know this... Attacks on Dragon soil will not soon be forgotten."

Continuing to walk with his men, Fearghus blurted out, "It would be a glorious day for my clan..."

TO BE CONTINUED

starhunterceo
    Tempest of Set Stygian

BoS- House Jade Asp

Cimmeria PvP-RP Reincarnation of the War Prophet

Reincarnation of the War Prophet

The red sky drained to blue as the blood cleared from the prophet’s eyes. A vulture sat upon a near limb with soft tissue daggling from his reddened beak. The skin was of honey brown.

Stumbling as he tripped upon a severed limb the aging man reached for a still moist injury to his shaven head as pain roused him to the now. Just past the windmill he could see the retreat of the Lich Lords troops over the Tesso bridge. Cries of anger screeching over the river he saw his only escape cut off by hordes of Aquionlian metal.

The river….

He slowly rolled himself into the cool water of the Zelta flow. The cold emmersion heightened his senses. Over the precipice he could almost feel the vibration of the rapid march of men northward towards the Aquilonian border. He moved swiftly trying to keep the pace along the rivers bank; staying out of sight. He could hear the mobilized Silver Dragon force pursuing quickly behind them. The familiar voice of Ophion’s masked pet could be heard hurling insults.

As night set in the march quickened. The prophet saw a serpent of smoke rising from a caravan that had been burnt in the wake of the attacks. They were moving through the fields of Potain now. He was finding it hard to keep up. He felt drawn to the decimated wagon as a voice called to him from above.

“My son…you must be reborn. As I clothe the land with the sky and the sky with the heavens so to now I clothe you. Consecrate yourself to Stygia. Lead the chosen people to the throne and rule.”

The emblems of the Grey Knights were engraved upon the fallen breastplates now strewn about like shells to the gulls. A humming reverberated from beneath the fallen body of a dead Knight. The prophet casually removed a carcass from atop an ancient stone sarcophagus carefully secured within the wagons bed. The stygian runes spoke of an ancient warrior entombed within.

Distant sounds of battle rose from Oakenhome keep as he clumsily placed the ancient armor over his body. He had not removed the gown given to him by Mandisa for months. It stood as a reminder of the dangers love can offer a man. The cold caress of metal made his hair stand on end. The equipment seemed to shrink to fit his form.

He had never worn armor….

TBC

Calland
    Conqueror Cimmerian

Bad Mamajama

Cimmeria PvP-RP Warmongers ~HONOR & LOYALTY~

HONOR & LOYALTY

This is a tale of a guild and how it came to be. I am Esau, Callan’s brother in fate and I will tell you his tale. It is a long a glorious tale, one that has yet to see it’s end. It is the tale of the Warmonger and his army.

My lord was a man of war, as was his father, his father’s father and so on. It was a code of HONOR & LOYALTY that weaves his tale.

He was sent to the east at an early age to be trained by the great warlords and one in particular, Daimyo Miyamoto Musashi. I too was sent to the east with him, but not to be trained as a Great Commander in the art of war, but rather by my father to serve the great Callan and to protect him. I was to do this as my father did for Callan’s father, Lord Calland the Lion.

He had trained hard and had become a star pupil of Master Musashi’s. Daimyo Musashi had placed him as his top Siege Commander for his Province. Yet my Lord did more than Siege the opposing and upspur Daimyo’s, he did his Lord’s most viscous work as well. Daimyo Musashi knew well my Lord would rather die than to fail his Lord, even if this death was at his own hand. This fact had ensured my Lord’s next orders.

It t’was one of these midnight raids that is the begining of this tale. My Lord had fallen in love with a small Lord’s daughter Toshi. They had 2 children and been married. Yet Toshi’s father was ambitious and had wanted Daimyo Musashi’s land and title. My lord was sent to destroy Toshi’s family and to stake them on the road.

My lord had done so, without question. Yet he had tried to saved his two children and his beloved Toshi, he had tried to find them and send them away to the west to Cimmeria. Yet they had been missing when the raid had taken place. This had triggered in my Lord such rage he had fulfilled his mission with such viciousness I have never seen in him. All had been killed and staked, even the servants and slaves.

My Lord knew that Daimyo Musashi would be told of his betrayel to try and save his family, and that HONOR had required his death. He had set out to the Mountains back in the west, in his homeland of Cimmeria to right his wrong and commit sepuka.

It t’was on this Journey my Lord had dissapear’d. He had been taken by Thoth Amon, and enslaved, along with thousands of others..as was I.

I had found my Lord in Aquilonia, with a band of men and women of a guild known as ORDER. Their tale is one for another day. Yet it was with them I had found my Lord, lost and without memory of his past. I had joined their ranks and had become once again my Lord’s keeper, looking out for him and slowly reminding him of his past. It was hard in the early days as his anger was famous and rage would pour forth as he began to recall his life. Those were dark days for him and for myself. Yet many of those that called him, “friend” and “Commander” in ORDER were truly the only thing that had saved him at first. Yet as all things that came with a cost, and a heavy one at that, his HONOR.

He more than once traveled to Cimmeria to satisfy a need to find out more of his past. It t’was on one such retreat to the mountains of his homeland that he was visited by an old man. This old man told him what I could not, and made him see that he was not alone and that his Daimyo had failed him not he his Daimyo. It was then my Lord had returned to his tribe of ORDER. Yet upon his return he was met with chaos not ORDER.

It t’was this chaos that had cemented his destiny to bring together all of his "family" and friends from across the lands, to find his 2 boys, and to become a Daimyo or Ronin of his own. The Conqueror had awoken within and the WARMONGER had taken over.

AND SO IT BEGINS

Western Hyboria lay in chaos. Many had died. Guilds had been crippled and destroyed. It was a time of WAR!

Two maybe three major houses of power remained active in the lands, with the other clans been taken by disease, death and deserters. The demand for mercenaries was high, and the Warmongers would fill that need with skill and savage tenacity. The hunger for blood and riches were ripe within the band of men and women my Lord called family. They had taken a small city in Stygia to use as their home and refuge while they planned to find a Battle Keep to take and fortify. It was the time of the Warmonger!

A young Guardian grips his shield and checks to see that his sword is in its sheath. Shifting from foot to foot to keep his muscles warm and ready. Staring down the battlefield, he tries to prepare for the chaos that is soon to unleash.

”Steady men! " his lord shouts as he senses uneasiness throughout the ranks. “Things are not as they seem. We come here today to Gardak to retake what was once ours. Fear not, we are outnumbered now, but I am not without wisdom. “Look! “ He shouts “Look to the east!” A wry grin upon his face

Looking to the east, the young Guardian sees a large mass of warriors approaching to his position.

“What is my lord up to?" he thinks to himself as nervousness sets in. Many soldiers have already readied their weapons not knowing what the mass of warrior’s means.

" Thum Thum rapp rapp rapp Thum thum thum Rappa tap" war drums can now be heard. Sounding as if the gods themselves were playing them
    "AT EASE I say! " his lord shouted as he moved to the front of the army with two of his guards and stands in an open span as the mass stops within bows reach.

The war drums cease and the herd separates in the center and spreads to open a 2 shoulder length land to the back of the mass. At the back stands a tall plate armored warrior. The young Guardian notice a large hilt of what must be a massive great sword on his back. No normal man would dare try and wield such a weapon on the battlefield. The weight alone would render normal men useless with it. He was taller than most and had muscles to match.

The giant warrior then started moving toward his lord with fast smooth strides. Closing the gap with unreal speed. Now towering over his lord in the empty span, he looks at him again. This time he sees the flames in the warriors eyes. Burning wild and fierce. Such rage in this man. Who was he? What business had he with his lord?

" We have arrived on time and in full. " he spoke in a booming voice " I will take half now and the other half once you are seated in your keep "

" Here is half" his lord said as he flicked his hand to the guard on his left.

The guard handed the large plate covered man a coin purse.

The large warriors eyes flicker with anger " This is not half of what we agreed upon." he yelled

The guard quickly moved to the front again and shoves his sword point under the warriors chin. " YOU will not speak to my Lord with suck disrespect, dog. Beg now for mer......" he started but didn’t finish as a flash of steel appeared from nowhere and the guard’s blood stained the ground. " Thump" was the sound as his lifeless body hit the ground.
    Now a second figure stood, caped and hooded, over the guard’s body.

"I .. I... " the lord stuttered " there must be a mistake. Please, forgive me." and he flicked his hand to the guard on the right. The guard handed the warrior another coin purse.

"Do not try me again. I am not here for this keep. I come for coin and glory." he said as he turned to the cloaked man. " Thayman, see that the men are ready and have Drome informed we have received payment full in advance." He then turned to his army and shouted " WARMONGERS! PREPARE FOR THE GLORY OF BATTLE !"

The cloaked man disappeared into thin air once again.

" You will have your keep soon, My lord " he said sarcastically as he turned to take his place in the mass.

AM #1
    Rykoth
    Advocate Bear Shaman

Elkhorn Clan

Cimmeria PvP-RP Into the Deep - A Pictish Slaughter

The new Chieftain stood at the gateway, his fingers stroking his slightly stubbled chin. He felt the strange presence that seemed to pulse beyond his reach. He rested a hand at the hilt of the calvary axe that dangled on his right side. Several warriors stood at either side of the warrior, watching curiously. Fearghus Chieftain shook his head.

"Whatever sits beyond this gateway... whatever it is... it is nothing we can simply cut down and bleed. It may be that our best chance is to rally a war party... and find mercenaries to come along. Cathael, Aodh... send word to Adharca. I will find our mercenaries."

Soon, several notices are posted in Thunder River, Old Tarantia, and even up north in Conarch. While the northern notice is scribed using Cimmerian runes, the requests in the south were no doubt scribed by someone who knows how to write in the Aquilonian, Ophirian, Brythunian, and even Stygian tongues:

"To those who may not be as martially focused - a warband of Cimmerians from Clan Elkhorn are headed into the deep murky dungeon the locals have called 'Xibalaku' - due to the sickening presence of potential sorcery, we ask for those who may hold sway in such a field to contact us. There will be payment. We will gather just outside Tarantia, by the wagoneer that will take us to Thunder River. If more then we need show up, those who look to be the most dependable will be chosen.

- Fearghus Chieftain."

OOC - Tonight is the Elkhorn Clan's IC Dungeon Run, and for it, a few of our 80s will no doubt be attempting Xibilaku. As a result, we will need those of classes Cimmerians cannot take - Sins/PoMs... even mages may be needed. If in the event, more support comes then we have room for in one group, only the appropriate amount will be able to come. HOWEVER... if we have enough 80s, we may end up running two groups, and thus can fit more into it.

The meet up time will indeed be in the OT Zone just outside the gate leading to the wagon guy to Thunder River at 9 PM EST! We want to be in the dungeon by 9:30 PM EST, no later then 10!

For those interested in coming, this will be for the most part IC - tactics and such will be that way, vent will be an optional tool for those who want to remain IC but want to make sure tactics are understood OOCly without breaking the immediate immersion with OOC chatter in /group or /say - so please be interested in RPing in the dungeon before applying Feel free to post here if interested.

starhunterceo
    Tempest of Set Stygian

BoS- House Jade Asp

Cimmeria PvP-RP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rykoth

"To those who may not be as martially focused - a warband of Cimmerians from Clan Elkhorn are headed into the deep murky dungeon the locals have called 'Xibalaku' - due to the sickening presence of potential sorcery, we ask for those who may hold sway in such a field to contact us. There will be payment. We will gather just outside Tarantia, by the wagoneer that will take us to Thunder River. If more then we need show up, those who look to be the most dependable will be chosen.

- Fearghus Chieftain."[/i]

*the priest looked over the dirty parchment taken from the cimmerian boy. It smelled of urine in spite of which he could not stop a smile from slowly crossing his face.

He had been watching closely during the recent clan activities in the Valley. The journey from Stygia was tiring. Hopefully he would not be seen. From a distance they took careful note of who arrived and who left injured. He saw Gertrued from a distance. She had fought beside Stygia during the last war. She would help him win the hearts of these barbarians. *

General, see that our services are made available to these cimmerians should they need them, but we will suffer no assaults due to our faith.

Wulfgeir
    Conqueror Cimmerian

Wiccana PvE The Lone Wolf. Pt. 1

Darkness, an eery silence fell over the broken lands beyond the battlements of Clan Conarch in the late hours of the night. A lone figure stood in quiet contemplation, clad in a mesh of leather and iron. Cold hazel eyes brimming with hatred as his gaze falls over the countless dead. Memories stir within the recesses of his mind, an old fear suddenly tugging upon his heart strings. The lids of his eyes come to close as he allows that old fear to emerge, at least for now.

The frigid winds of Cimmeria cut to the bone as the dark twilight around him suddenly became light. The smell of blood no longer lingering in the air. A mixture of ice and the scent of tall firs arouse his senses. No longer is he standing atop the battlements awaiting to sound the alarm of the next Vanir attack, nor is he the hardened man but a young son of the Grim Wolf. A small, relatively unknown clan located along the northern borders of Cimmeria, a tiny settlement resting near the top of a mountain long lost within the depths of his memories.

Young, firm hands grip a sword unmeant for him. Too heavy, too real. "Lad! What 'ave I told ya?! Yer not ready for such a blade! Yer mother has a stronger sword arm then ye!" A deep guttural laugh follows the voice he so fondly remembers. The youth turns his head, his cheeks flushing to a bright crimson, anger stuck in his throat as he stands to rise unto his own two feet. The figure before him towered over his developing frame. A cold, calloused hand came to rest atop the young lad's head, fingertips playfully rustling through raven hair. "Dun be so hard on yerself, me boy. Soon enough, you'll be strong enough." Hazel eyes wander upwards as the boy raises his head to look upon the old, bearded face of his father. A playful glare, as anger turns to warmth and his scowl turns to a soft grin. Father and son look upon each other lovingly. Exhausted shouts suddenly breaking the peace.

"Let me in! I've news for the Chieftain! The Vanir are approaching!" The massive wooden gates opened, a man clad in fur and leather mounted atop a brown steed rushed through. Rearing the horse, he brought the beast to a stop before swiftly unmounting before the boy and father. "Vanir, my Chieftain. The largest raid party I e'r seen!" An annoyed grunt escapes the lips of the older figure. A slight turn of his head brings his gaze to the boy at his side. "Go now, hide at home lad, protect yer mother. We'll beat them back soon enough." Frozen, hard fingers gently stroke through the boy's hair a final time before they slip unto his shoulders to forcibly turn him around. Lifting a heavy leg to playfully bring the sole of his boot to the boy's rear, he gently shoves. "Go now! Do as your father, your chieftain commands!" That deep, guttural laughter echoes behind the running lad. The Chieftain turns to his scout, as he shouts. "Alert the clan! The Grim Wolves hunt Vanir this night!" A mock wolf's howl follows even more laughter as the man bends down to retrieve his sword. (To be continued...)

(Yes, I am the founder of the original Grim Wolf Tribe on Hyperborea. I quit playing this game after release, as did many others. I was...decieved into handing the guild over to others whom...seemingly destroyed it. Now that I am back, and that the majority of AoC is fixed...at least playable with a new expansion and reviews of the revamp a bit better. I do intend to one day, when I am of a sufficient level and have occured some in-game wealth, re-create this clan. I do not do this to challenge the Elkhorn or Conriocht...rather I do this to add more flavor to the RP community. If things come to fruition, inter-Cimmeria RP events between the respective clans could make for some awesome RP. In any case, I don't want to suddenly create this guild out of thin air. I would rather, like to create it through RP. With people RPing remnants of the Grim Wolf coming together under a single banner. If interested, send me a PM or whisper Aelgar in-game. In any case, I am going to make it a personal goal to make this server flourish with RP once more. A single guild shouldn't have so much influence as to destroy RP enntirely. Also, if you have suggestions on what class I should play Aelgar as...I'm open to it. For now, I'm just getting myself familiar with the game again. THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY!)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast