Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    No, Bruce is right. It's much easier to do well on a lowbie who is a ranged class vs. a melee class. I am not saying you can't do well on a lowbie melee, but it's much, much harder to do because you lack ranged kiting and los.

And if getting the flag and winning the mini entails a score like 3-20 that's not a win in my book. Just playing a flag bot usually loses minis or leads to the win but your team got farmed out to do it. Nobody enjoys that kind of mini.
    Let me add other problems of melees:

Latency, self explaining
    Ploits, which of course, do not exist
    Focus, it is way easier to be the focus as melee of a couple of ranged enemies (also harder to avoid)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Let me add other problems of melees:

Latency, self explaining
    Ploits, which of course, do not exist
    Focus, it is way easier to be the focus as melee of a couple of ranged enemies (also harder to avoid)
    any rangers focusing melee, are idiots. As a ranger, I only focus sins, demos, necros, tos and poms. And poms it depends.

But I do see a lot rangers focusing melee, escpeically the heavy ones like guards, DTs, and CONQs... All I can say is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    any rangers focusing melee, are idiots. As a ranger, I only focus sins, demos, necros, tos and poms. And poms it depends.

But I do see a lot rangers focusing melee, escpeically the heavy ones like guards, DTs, and CONQs... All I can say is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE
    This what you are saying is true if you are just in for kills, but i would add hoxes to your list. But sometimes you need to stop flag carier or someone to capture point....
    Ranger can help nicely to drain dt from mana, use cc to stop that heavy killing team mate and similar

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    Funny thing is, A ranked 9 ToS told me today that gear dosent matter much in PvP, it's all skill. I was laughing so hard...
    The ToS was right btw only you really do not have idea yet. Well you should consider that your case is combined with lack of experience and skill together with lack of gear. So totaly yes... from your PoV it is frustrating but it is not in real.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    This what you are saying is true if you are just in for kills, but i would add hoxes to your list. But sometimes you need to stop flag carier or someone to capture point....
    Ranger can help nicely to drain dt from mana, use cc to stop that heavy killing team mate and similar
    traps are what drain mana. Not distance attacks. And any ranger running up to fight melee in melee distance, are bad rangers IMO. If anything, the only time rangers should run up on melee is to surpise them, trap them, run out, and blast them from a distance. other than that, stop.

Rangers are the best equiped to run flags, with the sins. But I, me personally, will not do it. Hell, I had to do it on my tos so many times because the melee and rogues didnt want to carry. So now its my turn to be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    traps are what drain mana. Not distance attacks. And any ranger running up to fight melee in melee distance, are bad rangers IMO. If anything, the only time rangers should run up on melee is to surpise them, trap them, run out, and blast them from a distance. other than that, stop.

Rangers are the best equiped to run flags, with the sins. But I, me personally, will not do it. Hell, I had to do it on my tos so many times because the melee and rogues didnt want to carry. So now its my turn to be selfish.
    Dots drain dt mana with soul barrier up to

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Dots drain dt mana with soul barrier up to
    What ranger dot does that other than the trap?

You are right about direct mana drain. But i think he was referring to the soul barrier mechanic: damage -> mana drained

So it would apply to all ranger dots in case of soul barrier DTs (puncture, fire attack, rending strikes etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    You are right about direct mana drain. But i think he was referring to the soul barrier mechanic: damage -> mana drained

So it would apply to all ranger dots in case of soul barrier DTs (puncture, fire attack, rending strikes etc.).
    Aye i tought it was obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Ye, you can realy fast (2 weaks - 2 months) farm Khitai items who also is good for PvP.
    I get PvP 10 in 3 years...
    Why shod PvP players farm PvE gear to PvP on PvP server? PvP gear shod be the best gear for PvP and PvE gear shod be the best for PvE?Why is PvE gear the best gear ingame for PvP?I really wish game director see my post then he will understand why we don't have new PvP blood on PvP server and why PvP servers are dieng.
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast