Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I said:

You said:

Ranged playstyle...

LS tos means ranged, everyone else runs AOE in pvp. So this means you are specifically going against the norm to be ranged.

Ranged.

As I said, ranged lowbie pvp levels will do well. Get on that tos with an AOE spec and see how well you do.
    sry, but u are looking for an excuse why u suck. try and find ur right way to get better in pvp. Go and get flag and make ur team to win. And to get pvp 5 u dont need more than 4 weeks. Its easy if u win the mini. Dont chase for kills....

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    That carnage conq, I bet has played a conq before or melee. I think this example is far and few between. A newcomer who never played this, I just cant see stepping in to a mini and doing well right off the bat.
    Of course, the point of this example is to temper the importance of gear and avoid players sliding to paranoïa a la Harmonium saying you can't PvP if your not full T4.

Learning game mechanics is still, in my opinion, a better way to progress in PvP than relying on gear. Plus conq is a rather forgiving class.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by xBuldozer View Post
    sry, but u are looking for an excuse why u suck. try and find ur right way to get better in pvp. Go and get flag and make ur team to win. And to get pvp 5 u dont need more than 4 weeks. Its easy if u win the mini. Dont chase for kills....
    No, Bruce is right. It's much easier to do well on a lowbie who is a ranged class vs. a melee class. I am not saying you can't do well on a lowbie melee, but it's much, much harder to do because you lack ranged kiting and los.

And if getting the flag and winning the mini entails a score like 3-20 that's not a win in my book. Just playing a flag bot usually loses minis or leads to the win but your team got farmed out to do it. Nobody enjoys that kind of mini.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    No, Bruce is right. It's much easier to do well on a lowbie who is a ranged class vs. a melee class. I am not saying you can't do well on a lowbie melee, but it's much, much harder to do because you lack ranged kiting and los.
    True, but it's easier to out-skill players when playing a melee than while playing a range
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    True, but it's easier to out-skill players when playing a melee than while playing a range
    No, it's about the same I think. The only difference is you can move while doing white hits while most casters have to stand still to get anything more than an instant off. Some white hit's hit for over 1k sometimes, and often stagger the opponent.

I can often "out skill" people on melee by making them miss 75% of their combos...of course people who are competent at their class will still hit most of them regardless of how well you kite.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Why would you think so? on a range, I sit back, if I see someone look my way, I run. Most CCs wont catch me. In melee distance, I have to deal with CCs and etc. Melee have much more to deal with.

TO the person saying he can get to pvp 5 in 4 weeks, not on tyranny. Minis happen a few times a night, and sometimes you lose. So its not easy outside of bori. Open world is tough to find people as well. I think once the merger happens, it will be easier for us in the US though. Population here is really bad on any server but set.

Quote Originally Posted by xBuldozer View Post
    BTW< I never said I sucked. In fact, I tend to think I am the greatest ranger to ever play. Also, running flags, isn't what I want to do, I want to PVP. Cant wait to see you in minis once server merges happen, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    No, it's about the same I think. The only difference is you can move while doing white hits while most casters have to stand still to get anything more than an instant off. Some white hit's hit for over 1k sometimes, and often stagger the opponent.

I can often "out skill" people on melee by making them miss 75% of their combos...of course people who are competent at their class will still hit most of them regardless of how well you kite.
    On a melee, if you move well enough you can kill both melees and ranges.
    On ranges you can drive melee crazy (still requires enough energy and dps to kill the melee before you run out of either) but against an other range the gear check is massive. Indeed you can play range in such manner you'll barely ever notice range dps exist in other team... but well...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Mini games are NOT pvp. They are simply maps with objectives with teamwork and proper cc's yes ungeared toons can "win" the game. Problem with minis are the players not gear not aa's blah blah there is just NO teamwork on the average so you either get the good team or get farmed. Real pvp died long long ago BUT you can be effective in Khitai blues in any toon ( in minis ) with the right team.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast