Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Combos which can miss can b blamed for loss of players coz if u cant do damage u cant kill. Combat system was made for highly skilled players. What we r witnessing is a result of system in which skill cap is extremely high. I believe that the combat system is responsible for elimination of players from PvP in AoC and game. Maps which help highly skilled players like Lost Temple also increase the number of players who quit pvp or game.
    Last edited by Doomkiller; 22nd July 2013 at 14:04.

Problem is newbies can't even get carried by a more skilled friends/vets.

Pug system is flawed (with ongoing bugs/bad algorythm/check for balance)
    No incentive to play tournament/competetively.

U cant check balance when there r 12 players signing up
    Tournament mode can b abused easily if they give better rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    This is class and mini game makeup dependent. I play a pvp 2 ranger, and usually am on the top of kills in balanced to favored my way minis. The reason is its ranged, traps, and I can kite. Not that I am good or have any skill.

I would ask you, which class do you play on pvp 2 and do well with in balanced minis?
    My PoM is PvP 3 and while I won't top kills I can keep my team alive and CC, the fact I win almost every game when I log my PoM says something.

My ToS is Pvp 2 running Lighting Strike spec and I can usually go even to a little over positive in kills and keep the team up, although I would say not as well as my PoM can.

My Ranger is PvP 1 and while I don't top kills I have complete crap gear and still go positive.

It's not always class, but you can't Rambo out on lowbies and expect to do well. You have to focus targets with other people and always keep someone else in between you and the other team. You also need to kite and run away much more often since your survivability it crap on most lowbies.

Really it just comes down to playing smart, but don't expect to be topping the kill chart unless you pved a crap load of gear. Most of my lowbies are in faction blues or worse with little K6 gear and I still can do alright with them, especially my Pom.
    Doomsayer 2008

I said:

... and usually am on the top of kills in balanced to favored my way minis. The reason is its ranged,
    You said:

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    My PoM is PvP 3 and while I won't top kills I can keep my team alive and CC,
    Ranged playstyle...

My ToS is Pvp 2 running Lighting Strike spec and I can usually go even to a little over positive in kills
    LS tos means ranged, everyone else runs AOE in pvp. So this means you are specifically going against the norm to be ranged.

My Ranger is PvP 1 and while I don't top kills I have complete crap gear and still go positive.
    Ranged.

As I said, ranged lowbie pvp levels will do well. Get on that tos with an AOE spec and see how well you do.

Quote Originally Posted by doomkiller View Post
    u cant check balance when there r 12 players signing up
    tournament mode can b abused easily if they give better rewards
    - makes me wonder if when unchained minis release you'll wear vanity allowed in unchained mini matches

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    The 1.5 WoW patch is where aoc really took a nose dive.
    fact............

I said:

You said:

Ranged playstyle...

LS tos means ranged, everyone else runs AOE in pvp. So this means you are specifically going against the norm to be ranged.

Ranged.

As I said, ranged lowbie pvp levels will do well. Get on that tos with an AOE spec and see how well you do.
    That's true. On a melee lowbie, even a conq, it will be extremely hard just to stay alive without the benefit of ranged kiting. The only melee lowbie you can maybe do OK on would be a Sin, but you would have to just cheese on stealth attack/face stab all game and only go for clothies, which is not much different from what all the other geared sins do so lol.
    Doomsayer 2008

Hi,

I can understand the frustration gear can enduce and it's true, the most problematic gap is between newcommers and geared "vets" (in an extensive definition). But since we need to look on the bright side of things, i've recently seen a carnage conq in full blues bought from trader with two of those good swords you can craft, kick ass in minis. And some others manage to do great aswell considering the circumstances. Myself, without being an awesome player, managed to go through minis with reasonable low amount pain.

So, tips to gear up:
    Weapons, the cultural recipe weapons are pretty could to start with. Otherwise, BRC quest rewards can get you a decent, 1HB, 2HB, 2HE, 1HE, Shield, Dagger, pretty fast (12 friends is enough).

Khitai gear, chest and head can be obtained really fast (less than a week) via Island of the Iron statues (turan), i'm sure you'll find someone ingame to explain how this works.
    Blue gear from khitai instances can be really worth it when you have nothing better.
    Ai district is totally worth it to optain khitai panths and some good blue items too. Fast, easy, fun.

As a conq, play carnage and with a minimal amount of gear you'll reach enough DPS to be dangerous. Blue gear with prot gemmes can be a good deal to PvP since your main threats will be magique damage (and if ever you PvE, having protection tanking gear isn't a bad idea). If you play brute, you wont die much but your dps will be laughable until you gear up.

EDIT: Forgot to add. +10% PvP xp if you are in a guild with battle keep,+5% or +10% or +25% PvP xp with books you can buy in CE, +20% PvP xp from potions you can buy in shop without having to buy more points from shop (you should have enough from sub).

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Problem is newbies can't even get carried by a more skilled friends/vets.
    I wildly agree with Lurvi here. As far as i can see, most newbies PvP alone. And that completely sucks. No vet to actively help them, no friends to try and progress together. It's much easier to progress outside pugs.
    Last edited by Vehl; 23rd July 2013 at 09:07.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Hi,

I can understand the frustration gear can enduce and it's true, the most problematic gap is between newcommers and geared "vets" (in an extensive definition). But since we need to look on the bright side of things, i've recently seen a carnage conq in full blues bought from trader with two of those good swords you can craft, kick ass in minis. And some others manage to do great aswell considering the circumstances. Myself, without being an awesome player, managed to go through minis with reasonable low amount pain.
    That carnage conq, I bet has played a conq before or melee. I think this example is far and few between. A newcomer who never played this, I just cant see stepping in to a mini and doing well right off the bat.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast