Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    i dont see anyone here who said there is no hacking at all. Do you? But saying majority is cheating is just... mahh i dont even know a word for such a big pile of stupidity.
    Seems like everyone on the server is seeing hackers. In fact, one guy has seen two in the last few days. As for the majority, read the context. As I said, it sounds like it because there were several posts made with screen shots, video and even names of some of the tools listed from that single pvp server in EU.

Either way, why not just play the game, not get so emotional over a thread about players on your server. Soon, it will be all our server, and I can see with my own eyes, the skill you all possess with or without 3rd party tools.

99% of cheating accustations are false in general, as well as most ppl are clueless in terms of aoc mechanics. Cheaters quite single and by far is noteless minority, I didnt see any cheater who was any good in pvp.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Exactly, and even the vast majority of vids and such are not evidence in any way and don't show cheating but just bugs & network issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brogar20?feature=watch

See this channel? It's supposed to be showing cheaters in action. But it's not, it's mostly just showing flaws in the netcode and lack of knowledge (the guy doesn't seem to know about jump-skipping for example). He also keeps showing us how buffs/debuffs/ccs get applied before the end of the castbar with a pretty timer but that's just an effect of latency and just illustrates the difference between what you see on your screen and what the other guy sees on his screen. This happens in all online games to a varying degree (have to admit the effect is pretty shockingly bad in AoC though because of the poor coding but in something like BFBC2 or BF3 for example you get that kind of effect a lot, the famous "dying behind cover" thing)

This is funny though cos the guy is an ex-cheater and now lives in his own fabricated world where everyone that beats him is cheating (he did himself stop cheating) and he records that and goes through the hassle of editing vids lol
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    Game wasn't like this before

until the devs donated their brains to the red cross.

It used to be hit 80 wear level 50 gear and still kick ass.

Gear was almost never an issue only class balancing.
    Absolutely. I remember there was a youtube video I used to watch every once in a while (wish I could've saved it before it was taken down). It was a huge fight in Khesh City in around 09 and of course, i'm in the fight (otherwise, why watch the video more than once heh). The best part though was I had a green chest, green mace and a blue shield on my tos. It was about 3 months after that video that a guildy bought me my first piece of REAL gear (tos chest) for my bday. Nothing but 80's and I\we were still sending people to the pad with green gear. A well timed double tap, knowing when to CC and the ability to move out of the damned way went a long way to keeping yourself alive. Green gear could serve you well through all kinds world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    No, the GMs are just clueless and can very well ban the most innocent player ever. GMs ignore some petitions and take others into account, it's hard to say why but it's clearly very random and while some innocent players got banned in no time, obvious and well known hackers sometimes took weeks to get even just a 24h ban.

You want to know something really funny? Vehl got banned by a group of French players who are absolutely terrible in pvp (there's a vid telling the whole story if you're interested) and guess WHAT : Vehl is a keyboard turner. That's right, he is a great player but he still does not move that fast or anything. And just so you know, we did manage to get him unbanned by contacting the GMs and they more or less apologized because they admitted having no proof at all. This kind of story happens a lot with the countless cheat accusations (but since there's very few actual hackers most of those bans are not deserved at all and when you question the GMs : oh sorry no proof, just words from a random player or group of players)

Btw legit rangers can still jump pretty far (we call it "jump bug" on Fury, something to do with latency and mostly just a visual effect, I posted the vids before)
    There's no "jump bug" on US servers, and for people who play on oceanic time there are plenty of latency issues for them on US servers. With just a little over 3,000 minis played, I have not witnessed any Ranger with a "jump bug" since probably late 2010, and I assure you that was not a visual bug then, just plain cheats. That player was eventually permanently banned by the way.
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th July 2013 at 07:35.
    Doomsayer 2008

Exactly, and even the vast majority of vids and such are not evidence in any way and don't show cheating but just bugs & network issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brogar20?feature=watch

See this channel? It's supposed to be showing cheaters in action. But it's not, it's mostly just showing flaws in the netcode and lack of knowledge (the guy doesn't seem to know about jump-skipping for example). He also keeps showing us how buffs/debuffs/ccs get applied before the end of the castbar with a pretty timer but that's just an effect of latency and just illustrates the difference between what you see on your screen and what the other guy sees on his screen. This happens in all online games to a varying degree (have to admit the effect is pretty shockingly bad in AoC though because of the poor coding but in something like BFBC2 or BF3 for example you get that kind of effect a lot, the famous "dying behind cover" thing)

This is funny though cos the guy is an ex-cheater and now lives in his own fabricated world where everyone that beats him is cheating (he did himself stop cheating) and he records that and goes through the hassle of editing vids lol
    I watched some of the videos, and you don't see any "unusual" activities? Yep, you are right. There is NO cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I watched some of the videos, and you don't see any "unusual" activities? Yep, you are right. There is NO cheating.
    Most of unusual activities have nothing with actual cheating, most things now are latency issues.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    That´s not what I said, you are being deliberately obtuse.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I know what you are saying. However, saying latency is an issue is the usual excuse people often use to cover up exploits. The fact here that most of the US players that claim latency issues just happen to be part of the small sect of players most of us suspect of using third party programs proves that... and when I say small sect...I mean maybe 6 or 7 people at most. That's not many.

The fact the EU servers are in such terrible conditions for playing is when people (again the small group) can get away with the most and pass it off as latency issues-

These are the conditions when cheaters thrive, once the mergers are complete and latency gets normalized, we'll see then.

However, since all the vids people are/(were) posting were all EU players, you can understand anyone who only plays on US servers would naturally think there is a higher population of cheats on your side...
    Doomsayer 2008

And you are being defensive. THe bottom line is this:

1. Your own players are in these very forums complaining about an over abundance of cheaters
    2. Your very own players have defined most as an ethnic group (Russians)
    3. You provided a site of video footage of cheaters
    4. Video and photos have surfaced in the last few days with evidence of cheating
    5. You stated you have seen cheating

What are you defending again? Lets just let this rest already, I am not sure what your point is anymore and its kind of boring. You can have the last word, and like I said, we will see when we merge. Until then, continue to name call, insult, or whatever else you have to do to feel you are right about whatever it is you are debating.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast