Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Old 3rd December 2012, 11:00
    #73 Mayn

I would actually be happy to see crafting provide better gear than raids.

I dont raid, i dont want to raid, i dont want to be part of the few big guilds that can do t4 for the best OP gear. Imo that **** needs to go and gear that everyone can get should replace it.

My only fear is how much grind this new gear will take, and there would be no point to a full scale craft revamp unless its gonna be better gear than those stupid raids. Note, i wouldnt care if crafting revamp gave better gear than raids if PvP gear would be on par with the best raiding gear.. but its not

Old 3rd December 2012, 11:32
    #74 paulson

You guys do realise you'll need T4 raid resources to craft items that are better than T4 normal armor right? Considering how few T3 crafted items are available on the open market today, that will probably not be any better with T4 crafted items.

The item budget on resources that drop in open world locations is not higher than the existing khitai/HoC boe epics with the exeption of critical sucess.

Old 3rd December 2012, 14:56
    #75 Misiuggah

Originally Posted by Mayn View Post
    My only fear is how much grind this new gear will take, and there would be no point to a full scale craft revamp unless its gonna be better gear than those stupid raids. Note, i wouldnt care if crafting revamp gave better gear than raids if PvP gear would be on par with the best raiding gear.. but its not
    For me everyone can get a free PvP T20 set (which will be f.e. 10x better for PvP than T4) set everytime they write /fart on chat. But it has to be weaker than T4 in PvE

It's ridiculous that PvPers are forced to grind Bori or raid to get optimal gear in reasonable time - but I don't want the same for raiders.

Currently PvErs can gear up in just a few months doing quests and dungeons. PvPers have to grind rocks for months or just do normal PvP for - how long was it? 2 years?

Obviously the crafting revamp should give people some fun things to do and possibly fix some gear issues for PvPers (I think they should also be able to get the best gear just by killing other players). But you can't force players to grind mats or even touch crafting - Bori is an abomination!

Old 3rd December 2012, 15:25
    #77 Arvenia

Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    As for deconstructing items, I agree that it sounds potentially problematic if everyone will need on everything in pugs now... Does anyone know how this is addressed in other games? AFAIK the idea of deconstructing items exists in several other MMOs as well, but I don't know whether they have any mechanisms to discourage everyone from needing on everything all over the place. (You might argue that a similar problem already exists in AoC -- you can sell raid and dungeon purples to NPC vendors for a not entirely trivial amount of money -- and I don't have the impression that this would cause people to need on everything. Greed, yes, but not need, IME at least.)
    I dont know if anyone answered you about this, cause I dont have time reading all the posts atm but...I have seen this in SWTOR and they do it this way: When you roll for an item you have options Need-Greed-Deconstruct, if you want to pass you just close the little window. So basically you can only chose to deconstruct the item while you rolling and if you win you receive the resourses not the item itself. Deconstruct option has the same status as Greed.

Old 5th December 2012, 02:45
    #78 Heroen

Originally Posted by Arvenia View Post
    I dont know if anyone answered you about this, cause I dont have time reading all the posts atm but...I have seen this in SWTOR and they do it this way: When you roll for an item you have options Need-Greed-Deconstruct, if you want to pass you just close the little window. So basically you can only chose to deconstruct the item while you rolling and if you win you receive the resourses not the item itself. Deconstruct option has the same status as Greed.
    Yea thats how it works in TOR. But if ppl want to be dicks and usualy they tend to be, they will just need on the item instead of greeding it. So tbh the deconstruct roll is only there to save you the clicking and time to deconstruct it youreself It doesnt block selfish looting tho !

Old 5th December 2012, 09:43
    #79 Kurt777

But people can do so now as well, can't they?
    Like, if they want they can still need. Point is that you will at least have a measure to check logs and follow who got the item unrightfully and trace it back. This will be harder when the recepeint/ninja is able to deconstruct on the spot (especially if deconstructing does not always yield the same resources and has a random aspect).

The solution is actually not that hard, but would require to change the loot rule system (so that ranger items for example can only be looted by rangers etc.) and only after the rolling and first loot phase is over, there is either a second roll or ffa for the scraps in the chest. Also you can imagine the raidleader/groupleader having to acknowledge a roll. But one roll will always be trouble (just look at how raidweapon need/greed rolls are handed).

Old 5th December 2012, 10:
    #80 Scythie

Some people have, and will always ninja loot in PuGs. This will not change. Same loot rules as today will apply then. You need on items of your class pass on the rest or be kicked from the raid.

The fact that you can deconstruct doesn't change that.

I guess you can also do crafting mat pugs. Anyone can loot on anything at anytime for deconstruction. RL gets first pick.

Old 5th December 2012, 10:27
    #81 paulson

I'm guessing people will start to attend pug raids with blue geared characters and then be able to need on all their class drops, then deconstruct the gear they win, and next week they can roll on the gear again as they're still blue geared

That's going to make T1/T2 raids a little harder and means more players have to put in some effort to get the boss down.

Old 5th December 2012, 10:30
    #82 Arvenia

Originally Posted by Heroen View Post
    Yea thats how it works in TOR. But if ppl want to be dicks and usualy they tend to be, they will just need on the item instead of greeding it. So tbh the deconstruct roll is only there to save you the clicking and time to deconstruct it youreself It doesnt block selfish looting tho !
    If I remember right this is the only way to get mats from that item, you cannot deconstruct it in your inventory. I might be wrong tho and I havent checked the game last few months

Old 5th December 2012, 11:16
    #83 Shiwan

Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    I'm guessing people will start to attend pug raids with blue geared characters and then be able to need on all their class drops, then deconstruct the gear they win, and next week they can roll on the gear again as they're still blue geared
    That's going to make T1/T2 raids a little harder and means more players have to put in some effort to get the boss down.
    Well contrary it can makes especially T1 raids more attractive even for veteran players

Old 6th December 2012, 21:00
    #84 Nanna

Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Well contrary it can makes especially T1 raids more attractive even for veteran players
    Yeah let the full geard T3-T4 invade T1 to need on the gear a fresh player whant to use to get better geard to go T2 and up.. that was smart...

I say, find another system then to take the gear a player will use to get better geard then blues.. Maye sort of token system all gets but has to trade in at a vendor at set number to get the Skin or other tokens/materials he/she whants.

Pve tokens gainded by doing Pve
    Pvp tokens by doing pvp Mini. (Bori a third type of token mabye?)
    And then mabye a vendor to trade them around from pvp to pve and opposit.
    Or just have 1 type of token for it all.
    Example: 100 T1 tokens gives 1 skin or material,
    80 T2 tokens gives 1 skin/mat.
    60 T3 tokens goves 1 Skin/mat so on. this numbers are just taken wild and not to be seen for real. no idea how to set numbers for pvp and dont whant to even give it example as i dont do pvp. (lvl 10 ganks lvl 1 in minis its missing tiers for minis. Move chat that to pvp chat forum)

Just thinking outside the box that will not change the loot option or demoralize pug raids, but actual make them more whanted/needed and no gear lost outside of the ninjas we already have.

Was that an idea to look into or mabye sparked an other idea somewhere?

Old 6th December 2012, 21:19
    #85 Touchii

just wondering, why not add option to customize the current gear, either pvp or pve ones,especially the pvp gear needs a boost

Old 7th December 2012, 00:08
    #86 yumikotanaka

Upgradable Gear (max. Lv to T1 to T2,..).
    They did it in TSW.
    Everyone thinks it is great.
    So its probably not coming to AoC ^^

Old 7th December 2012, 00:55
    #87 Shiwan

Originally Posted by Nanna View Post
    Yeah let the full geard T3-T4 invade T1 to need on the gear a fresh player whant to use to get better geard to go T2 and up.. that was smart...
    Why? Let give "destroy item" status as greed and problem is easily solved...

From "questio about the recipes for new craft..." thread:

Old 6th June 2012, 14:33
    #1 PutchPT

questio about the recipes for new craft system
    hi all...

i would like to know if any of you knows if the recipes (the ones dropped on world) are going to disappear or being changed???
    because if they are going do vanish, no point of me trying to find them, if they stay and only be changed on how to make them, then i search for them...

thks

Old 6th June 2012, 21:41
    #2 Touchii

No one knows yet how FC is going to implent the new crafting system, just wait and check the next monthly letters.

Old 7th June 2012, 05:35
    #3 Freke

There will be no recipes after the crafting revamp. This has been confirmed over and over again. Everyone can craft, and its up to each player to find the proper mix of materials for best result.

Old 8th June 2012, 10:08
    #4 K4nnyc

Originally Posted by Freke View Post
    There will be no recipes after the crafting revamp. This has been confirmed over and over again. Everyone can craft, and its up to each player to find the proper mix of materials for best result.
    I think that it will be something like TSW, where you add items to the craft window and get a preview of the item and its stats. Clicking craft button then crafts the item.

IMO thats what we will get, a rough port from TSW craft system.

Old 8th June 2012, 13:20
    #5 ibrock

It's been posted on the EU forums by the German CD, Waldegeist, that AoC's system will be different from TSW's. The system to be adopted is more in line with Everquest. He specifically says [Translated] "the crafting will not be how it will be TSW."

Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Das System ist von Vanguard/Everquest 2 inspiriert, nicht kopiert. Es bringt nichts euch Videos von Vanguard und Everquest 2 anzuschauen, da wir keines der dortigen System 1:1 kopieren werden, noch werden wir Minispielchen oder Handwerksbänke wie dort verwenden. Es wird ein System, das sich in das Game-Design von Age of Conan einpassen muss.

Was bisher feststeht wurde von Craig kommuniziert. Alles weitere sind nur Mutmaßungen und nutzlos. Bitte lest euch den Artikel nochmal genau durch, da wird ziemlich deutlich klar, dass das Crafting nicht wie in TSW sein wird.

Wir versuchen kein Handwerkssystem zu schaffen, das nur 1% der Spieler gefällt, weil sie absolute Fanatiker in Sachen Crafting sind. Damit wäre eine Überarbeitung gescheitert.

Ich kann und werde keine weiteren Einzelheiten zum Handwerkssystem rausgeben. Craig bestimmt wann, welche Infos dazu rausgehen. Ich DARF nichts weiteres sagen, als er schon kommuniziert hat. Es tut mir leid, aber ihr werdet euch noch eine Weile gedulden müssen, bis das Handwerkssystem weiter in der Entwicklung/dem Design vorangeschritten ist und die Einzelheiten feststehen, bevor wir weitere Details veröffentlichen können.
    and ... or should I say "und" ... Sil has said to the press that Star Wars Galaxies was also an inspiration:

"We are looking back a bit more, taking our inspiration from games like Star Wars Galaxies and the other earlier MMOs, with a focus on ingredients and finding the best combinations. That adds a layer of depth that you don't find in the other modern MMOs that have used more simple list type crafting systems, where you get the same results all of the time.

Personally I think it's exciting to see proper crafting making a comeback in our games. Both approaches have merit, and I think what the team is cooking up for Conan is more suited for the slightly more stat-based level progression we have in Conan, as opposed to the flatter system in TSW."
    from http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...g-for-craftin/

Old 11th June 2012, 08:10
    #6 Misiuggah

Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    because if they are going do vanish, no point of me trying to find them, if they stay and only be changed on how to make them, then i search for them...
    Sil said something about starting bonus for the achieved crafters when the revamp goes live. There will be new skills (some or all of the old ones can be scrapped!), but you could get a boost to them based on what you had trained before (f.e. alchemy will disappear, but your master level will grant you apprentice in brewing or some **** like that). Known recipes may contribute to higher starting level or some other bonuses.

But he was really "it's too early to tell", so there's a chance you will get nada

Old 11th June 2012, 08:24
    #7 Invino

TSW crafting system is even worse and shockingly , even more boring than AoC one. Throw in no recipe book and frankly .. I prefer this current one with 95% rubbish recipes.

Only saving grace is breaking down items and creating better quality mats from it ... then again , instead of selling weapons, ppl will be melting them down.

Old 13th June 2012, 21:59
    #8 jauertussen

tier crafts
    what will happen to thoes. cant realy see how they are alterble. ofc they cud specifie a certain lvl of mastery in craft to do it and make em quest achived.

Old 12th September 2012, 23:04
    #9 Bignose

The gathering part in TSW crafting is perfect. Almost every single item that drops can be broken down to materials, and low level mats can be upgraded to high level mats. Perfect. Best ever. Otherwise, yes, you are right TSW crafting sucks. Useful for 30 min tops before you outlevel them, (or for ten seconds if the zombie next to you happen to drop the same armorpiece you just spent all your crafting mats crafting). Add to that that EVERYONE can craft whatever you can craft, so who is going to buy anything?

I don't understand why AoC people blame the SYSTEM. It was never the system, it worked great. I must have sold crafted items for at least a few 1000 gold, sure there was a market, even for basic blue items. The culture stuff used to be the best you could get without raiding for months.

The problem with AoC crafting is that they stopped adding new recipes. Plenty of Kithai armorsets, zero crafting recipes. Wonderful new Turan sets, again no crafting. Not even gem-slots in anything added to the game since, what, 2009?

Crafting died because the developers stopped developing it. Now the system is getting the blame. Please, please, please don't replace it with some TSW nonsense, at least not anything exept the gathering part. It would be nice to be able to break everything down to mats.

From "old recipes - they going to stay or go?" thread:

Old 28th February 2012, 19:41
    #1 PAMPAM

Old recipes - they going to stay or go?
    I though at begin the recipes would stay...

but are they are actually going to be worthless useless piece of ****... or what - you going to delete them from the game for good?...

In both cases I would leave the game for good, and not give you another dime. I spent thousands of hours getting my recipes. I am not going to let this go easy.

In that case I promise you will not receive my or my friends money on TSW.

Old 28th February 2012, 19:53
    #2 Arlandaes

Seconded - Funcom, could you please be a bit more explicit on how the old city, base and ethnic recipe will be managed ?

Also spent countless hours to collect those, so I would like to be reassured they are going to stay.....

Old 28th February 2012, 21:13
    #3 Thorgirl

Would very much like to know about that too. Spent hours and hours and 1000's of G's to gather whatever the game can provide craft recipe wise.
    Wasting those means a devastated blow to many of us "craft-whores" playing AoC over the years.

Old 28th February 2012, 21:33
    #4 Anjet

Question Recipe Revamp posted today 27-2-12
    Originally Posted by Bandwagoneer View Post
    I though at begin the recipes would stay...

but are they are actually going to be worthless useless piece of ****... or what - you going to delete them from the game for good?...

In both cases I would leave the game for good, and not give you another dime. I spent thousands of hours getting my recipes. I am not going to let this go easy.

In that case I promise you will not receive my or my friends money on TSW.
    Hopefully, Funcom will reply to this comment as well as to its public posting on its website, as soon as possible. And, especially to those players who have logged thousands of hours and have spent hundreds of Euros or USD on Age of Conan, a now FREE to PLAY game. Hopefully Funcom development has considered the ramifications of providing (or not) reasonable compensation to customers who have spent both time and money in exchange for items, in this case, recipes. Customers who bought the items should be entitled to either keep them or to receive some sort of reasonable compensation for them, should Funcom decide to make them obsolete.

Old 28th February 2012, 21:37
    #5 Fass

As I understood recipes wont stay but the items will stay. Just like my very old gem set is still active! With the old gems in it. (3 gems in one slot). What I am curious about.. Will this also affect the stats on the T3 crafted stuff?

Old 28th February 2012, 21:39
    #6 Anjet

They need to clarify...;p

Old 28th February 2012, 22:44
    #7 Kurt777

yes, that would be nice...

Even if the recipes will not work anymore, they should be converted in certain looks or options for the effects, so crafters could still achieve the same or similar results.

Old 28th February 2012, 23:20
    #8 TBird69

+1 If they become worthless I can pretty much promise this game will go bottoms up. I know for me and the time I've spent getting what few recipes I have I will cancel both accounts in a heartbeat.

Old 29th February 2012, 01:15
    #9 Anjet

Onyx Chamber's going to get really quiet until Funcom figures out what it's going to do about recipes.

Old 29th February 2012, 06:59
    #10 PAMPAM

Originally Posted by Anjet View Post
    Onyx Chamber's going to get really quiet until Funcom figures out what it's going to do about recipes.
    I think they should give you a chance to still craft those items, but those brecipes would have slightly better chance to give you better item.

Or the recipes would contribute to the base stats...

Old 29th February 2012, 08:46
    #11 K4nnyc

Originally Posted by Bandwagoneer View Post
    I think they should give you a chance to still craft those items, but those brecipes would have slightly better chance to give you better item.

Or the recipes would contribute to the base stats...
    I think they should give gold on a per recipe basis, 35g per culture recipe 20 for lvl 80 main part like stoneheart chest head or legs and lower amounts for the rest of city stuff. 30g for the ibis recipe.

Conans armoursmith can be scripted to do this easily. I think even Funcom could manage that. Or even a /claim item that removes the recipes from your book and gives you the gold.

Not the most ideal solution but if there is no place for recipes in the new system then its something at least.

Old 29th February 2012, 08:58
    #12 Kurt777

I am more concerned about looks than gold. If they just scrap all the old recipes, a lot of unique looking models will be gone.

Old 29th February 2012, 09:02
    #13 Thorgirl

Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    I think they should give gold on a per recipe basis, 35g per culture recipe 20 for lvl 80 main part like stoneheart chest head or legs and lower amounts for the rest of city stuff. 30g for the ibis recipe.
    I saw the Stoneheart chest recipe went for 300G a couple of days ago on trader. My Wrought sword recipe costed me 320G back in the days.
    But I agree, some sort of compensation should take place. Best if the current amount of recipes ppl got in their book gives some boost in the future crafting profession. Hard to say now since there is few details avaliable

Old 29th February 2012, 09:16
    #14 K4nnyc

Originally Posted by Thorgirl View Post
    I saw the Stoneheart chest recipe went for 300G a couple of days ago on trader. My Wrought sword recipe costed me 320G back in the days.
    But I agree, some sort of compensation should take place. Best if the current amount of recipes ppl got in their book gives some boost in the future crafting profession. Hard to say now since there is few details avaliable
    Ok maybe my renumeration figures were a little low, but funcom is legendary at being tighter than a sharks a$$, especially when it comes to money, whether real or in game gold.

Crafters should get something though, and something substantial at that.

Old 29th February 2012, 13:14
    #16 Keltus

Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    As an additional note funcom:

People who bought T3 recipes will need FULL reimbursement of gold and T3 tokens if you are changing that crafting portion of the game as well.

I personally never bought any but it would piss me off if I had and you deleted them and did not reimburse me.
    And doing what then with the relics?
    All people I know who got the recipes don't know anyways what to do woth their T3 relices cuz they got full armor already.
    So what exactly would most of the people do with the returned token? Right, nothing... same useless in the inventory then recipes ypu don't need...

I hope FC will start with a fully new system for everyone, meaning everyone starts with Zero.
    There is no reason to give, gold, tokens, progress, hugs or anything else for recipes... noone focred the players to farm them!

Old 29th February 2012, 13:32
    #17 TBird69

Originally Posted by Keltus View Post
    And doing what then with the relics?
    All people I know who got the recipes don't know anyways what to do woth their T3 relices cuz they got full armor already.

So what exactly would most of the people do with the returned token? Right, nothing... same useless in the inventory then recipes ypu don't need...

I hope FC will start with a fully new system for everyone, meaning everyone starts with Zero.
    There is no reason to give, gold, tokens, progress, hugs or anything else for recipes... noone focred the players to farm them!
    That's just silly yes there needs to be some ubber compensation for people who have worked their asses off and spent countless gold on recipes and resources. A 1 to 1 excange rate for old resources to new ones would be fare for the resources, but for the recipes it really needs to be a major major head start. If something like this doesn't happen then they will loose a lot of subs/money for the lack of thought put into this.

Old 29th February 2012, 14:28
    #18 sabbath1989

perhaps a script that automatically changes the current recipes we have with the know-how of a new craftable item.
    As for resources, maybe transform them into new resources immediately, of equal level of course.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast