Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Old 29th November 2012, 13:20
    #39 darknessjw

Id rather use that 50€ for gear than grind ages for that 100G for culture gear which was useful at age of 1.5.

Now only useful set is Acheronian for prot tanking and ToS set for female tosses to look hot

Old 29th November 2012, 13:27
    #40 Diabolo

i read so many passive aggressive comments about angry veteran raiders who dont understand the rest of the world want some aoc slack too. ok you have been playing for years and managed to enforce your loot rules in pugs years after weapons arent class bound anymore and they make absolutely no sense to people joining aoc nowadays or even 2 years ago, ok you abuse the economy with your uber crafted weapons sold for gazillion gold and your oh so marvelous shard farm is the same but the last and not least pvpers must deal exclusively with pve and raiders to get the best stuff for pvp.

if anything some of these changes will be refreshing for the "whole game" and not just for "veteran raiders".

i read pve'rs didnt have to farm rocks for years so they shouldnt do it again but no pvp'er is forced to farm rock on the contrary pve is a much better alternative and where the best reward and gear is, pvp 10 and t3 gear on anything but soldier/bs (minus weapons and accessories haha..) in current pug setup is for vanity and achievement only.

finding a middle ground and integrating bits of sandbox-like tools for the economy and gear can be only good for the whole game except a few old fanatics who will never want the game to evolve because of too exclusive and repetitive theme park pve content and developement feeding their short attention span casual needs in an already niche game.

ps: dont take what i say personally it's about aoc.

Old 29th November 2012, 13:45
    #41 Misiuggah

Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Id rather use that 50€ for gear than grind ages for that 100G for culture gear which was useful at age of 1.5.

Now only useful set is Acheronian for prot tanking and ToS set for female tosses to look hot
    Tru dat. Except that for prot tanking a simple bluesteel set is enough

Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    ps: dont take what i say personally it's about aoc.
    Eh, but you had someone's arguments in mind? I can't fit anyone to what you just wrote. Actually I don't understand what your point is.

Do you want the new crafted gear to be better in PvE than T4 without requirement to raid T4?

Old 29th November 2012, 14:33
    #42 Diabolo

me too, sometimes i can just write silly gibbilish and nonsense like the following stuff:

1)aoc=raid>all or gtfo. (theme park element x=raid)

or

2)aoc=doing what you like while interacting with other players makes your progression in the world. (sandbox bit element x=freedom+player interaction+world)

the former is reality, the later is delusional.

Old 29th November 2012, 15:39
    #43 Kurt777

But the first will keep people only happy for a short time and requires constant maintenance and new content, the latter keeps people happy (and paying) a LONG time. The art of gamedesign is to find the right mix (the first will bring new people, the latter lets them stay in game (if done well))...

Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Few random notes from my tweeter feed:
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan will being updated looks to OLD ARMORS
    Am i the only one finding this VERY disturbing (apart from the otherwise neutral or good news) ???

Just imaginge the same people, who brought you the warping armor pieces (the textures are stretched during animation), the shadows in between (female vanir chainmail anyone?), the clipping (parts of skin show during animation), the invisible see-through body parts (haircuts, wrist and shoulder parts) and the new style of BIG girdles (where they just "stretched" the girdle and filled it with basic stupid texture, till it reaches another part (of armor or body), "revamping" the imo working look of "old" armours!

Old 29th November 2012, 15:55
    #44 Regnar85

please dont make crafted items more power full then the best pve or pvp gear really dont want to gear up hiting rocks like in bori..

Old 29th November 2012, 15:58
    #45 KREATOR13

If i got this right(probably not),with the new crafting system i could change the appearance of my khitai hox sword(the hyrcanians one) so that it looks like the T3 hox sword if i have the recipe?

Old 29th November 2012, 18:52
    #46 Azanath1979

Ok how about all you people thinking that the crafting revamp will make raiding gear obsolete take a deep breath?

If they keep something like the shards (which they said they will) it will most likely occupy a gem slot in the new system.

Now take a T4 weapon with some stats that you like. Deconstruct it. Take the mats out that you like. Open the new crafting window and combine part of the old mats with something new and get a critical success. Now you have a weapon that is better than T4 in specific situations (depending on the third gem and order of gems)

However, you would not be able to create such a beast without having the gear to begin with (without raiding!) or buying it for a hefty sum from the AH.

Old 29th November 2012, 19:16
    #47 Drusillaz

So, soon you will get better gear by banging rocks than raiding? This kind of brilliance just blows me away. Surely there is nothing more exciting in the game than banging rocks. Who wants to join raids, when you can grind,grind, grind your night away?

I'd also like to propose that the game hand out ibis swords for the people who dance for 5 hours non-stop at Old Tarantia.

Old 29th November 2012, 19:18
    #48 Toolshed

Bottom-line is, it can't be worse than what we already have. That is fact.

Old 29th November 2012, 19:19
    #49 Toolshed

Originally Posted by Drusillaz View Post
    So, soon you will get better gear by banging rocks than raiding? This kind of brilliance just blows me away.
    Why not? We do it for PvP, why not for PvE?

Old 29th November 2012, 20:36
    #51 Heroen

Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    I like the idea of some of the crafted armor being comparable (or even a little better than) raid armor -- it's needed to keep crafting relevant in the long term. Otherwise we'll have the same situation as now -- people don't bother using crafted gear because they either already have something better, or they'll get something better soon enough. It's not a coincidence that the most active part of crafting nowadays involves items that are already comparable to raid gear (i.e. T2/T3 crafted weapons).

As for deconstructing items, I agree that it sounds potentially problematic if everyone will need on everything in pugs now... Does anyone know how this is addressed in other games? AFAIK the idea of deconstructing items exists in several other MMOs as well, but I don't know whether they have any mechanisms to discourage everyone from needing on everything all over the place. (You might argue that a similar problem already exists in AoC -- you can sell raid and dungeon purples to NPC vendors for a not entirely trivial amount of money -- and I don't have the impression that this would cause people to need on everything. Greed, yes, but not need, IME at least.)
    The way SWTOR does it Cynara is simple, you can only deconstruct gear or items that you crafted youreself, or sometimes you can do it with some trash items that have a lower value then green items for example. Works pretty good imo

Old 29th November 2012, 23:23
    #52 TBird69

Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post
    Bottom-line is, it can't be worse than what we already have. That is fact.
    Actually it can the only thing that really needed to have been done is update the current recipes to where the stats are close to what the high end stuff is, add some new recipes and make all recipes drop more often. This monstrosity of a revamp has the potential to be a major cluster f*** and knowing FC's past record it will be and then like always it will take years for them to actually fix things. When they do actually implement this cluster f*** I hope they don't f*** us over like they did last x-mas/new years with leaving the game broken for months without any word what so ever or no fare compensation for their massive screwup.

30th November 2012, 01:53
    #53 K4nnyc

Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    Actually it can the only thing that really needed to have been done is update the current recipes to where the stats are close to what the high end stuff is, add some new recipes and make all recipes drop more often. This monstrosity of a revamp has the potential to be a major cluster f*** and knowing FC's past record it will be and then like always it will take years for them to actually fix things. When they do actually implement this cluster f*** I hope they don't f*** us over like they did last x-mas/new years with leaving the game broken for months without any word what so ever or no fare compensation for their massive screwup.
    This. ^^ x100

Funcom resume:
    Making pretty dungeons TICK
    Making awesome music TICK
    Making great combat TICK
    Making fun encounters TICK
    Revamping classes and class balance FAIL
    Revamping game systems MEGA FAIL
    PVP and anything associated with it MEGA FAIL
    Fixing bugs SUPER MEGA FAIL.

We need, no WE MUST HAVE.

1. Full access to everything on TL in the notes section for this revamp, all details of the craft system.
    2. A Full explanation of the crafting system, not some "go out and discover it on TL sh1t"
    3. Full explanation of what vets get for current recipes in the new system.
    4. TIME. Lots of time to test and give feedback.

Why do we need this?

Because quite frankly they cant be trusted to not fvck it up. Thats how awesome they are at this sort of thing.

Old 30th November 2012, 07:27
    #54 Nanna

Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

We need, no WE MUST HAVE.

1. Full access to everything on TL in the notes section for this revamp, all details of the craft system.
    2. A Full explanation of the crafting system, not some "go out and discover it on TL sh1t"
    3. Full explanation of what vets get for current recipes in the new system.
    4. TIME. Lots of time to test and give feedback.
    Been to long in AoC not to demand this as yes i have seen and felt the fails they have pushed out..
    This Revamp does huge impact on the game, so be shure to make it right and not to give us a slap in the face again.

Old 30th November 2012, 07:46
    #55 Thebluecave

First of all the crafting revamp is way too early in its development to call it a fail. Not having an interest in crafting really does not qualify anyone to determine whether it is good or bad.

Fact is that AoC from the beginning have had a lousy crafting system. At the moment it is near to useless. So a remake is welcome even if it is 4½ year too late.

As I understood the most powerful crafted items need components from the hardest places. So I am not that scared of the crafting system makes raiding for gear obsolete. If you need the small shriveled black balls of Entity times 3 to craft a single item which is on the same level or a little higher than the drops, then no harm done.

The concern is of course people looting items to deconstruct them when other people could actually use them. This part will be difficult to control. It has the potential to hurt the pugging.

About the recipes, the video is quite clear. Recipes provide a skin for your crafted item nothing else.

What they "elegantly" avoid in video, is to touch on the subject of the people who have been farming like crazy. They only say old stuff will be obsolete. Reimbursement is not touched upon. This probably means that reimbursement is not a part of the plan. Another clue is that they say shards have too high a value to remove from the game this can be interpreted as any present components besides shards is deemed to have less value hence can be removed. I know a few people who will rage if all their stuff is removed.

People call for full disclosure on the crafting system. That we will not get since discovery is an integral part of the idea behind the crafting system. So how powerful is the highest tier crafted weapon, will not be known until it hits live (even then it will be subject to change). It will be left up to the community to map the crafting system. Besides that, the crafting system also have inherent chance roll making full disclosure even more difficult. Personally I like this, others will hate it.

I just hope people will wait a bit with their judgment of the crafting system. You have less than 1 hour superficial introduction to the new crafting system. It is not enough to determine whether it will be a fail.

Old 30th November 2012, 07:56
    #56 Mellaus

On FC defense, they did very well during the sprint revamp, people cried as always, and now, total silence, everything goes well in that area.

So about crafting powerfull gear, crafters will still need rare base materials to achieve that, materials that will most likely drop from raid/group/pvp encounters.

I do not think FC would be dumb enough to allow a player to craft a T4 equivalent piece of gear with materials you get from lvl20 bears.

So yea, stop crying, lets wait for the changes to be on testlive and test it.

30th November 2012, 08:47
    #57 Kurt777

Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    On FC defense, they did very well during the sprint revamp, people cried as always, and now, total silence, everything goes well in that area.

So about crafting powerfull gear, crafters will still need rare base materials to achieve that, materials that will most likely drop from raid/group/pvp encounters.

I do not think FC would be dumb enough to allow a player to craft a T4 equivalent piece of gear with materials you get from lvl20 bears.

So yea, stop crying, lets wait for the changes to be on testlive and test it.
    "They" did not do a good job, just better than they usually do. It probably only went well after the sixth or seventh patch (lots of undocumented ninja patches there too on live), BECAUSE people cried and kept reporting bugs and failures on TL and here. Had funcom done their homework, the sprint revamp would have come out as we have it now due to internal testing. And it still is not perfect yet (some formerly usefull feats or fatalities intended for mobility are now useless, the bar still resets its location and it is still creating lags).

But i agree that we have to wait till we know more, though waiting till things are on TL is a double edged sword. History had shown that once things are on TL, there will be no more systematic changes, but exactly there (in the game system changes...the things you plan ahead on paper) often lies the problem (ranger revamp, resscampfarmpatch, Bori). With what we know now, it can still be somthing from a very good change to a total mess.

It would be nice, if they do not bring it together with dragonspine and took their time in testing (imo the sprint revamp and the mess that came with it in the first patch, showed that they should NOT release complex content too early)...i find the "tactic" of one popular addition of content combined with drastic game system changes always a bit disturbing. Please, why not do things step by step...not these big mess patches, where they obviously don't have the skill, time or personnel to do it right at first try or even do a proper working hotfix without annoying both their employees and their customers. A small team can still do good or ok work, if given the time (again, as sprint revamp has shown...it just took a couple of patches, hotfixes, testing and lots of feedback).

So (basically agreeing with k4nnyc, just a bit other words maybe), what do we NEED, for a smooth crafting revamp?

- do not tie it schedulewise to anything else. it is big enough on its own
    - communicate what will change up front and how you want the system to work (updated FAQ at least!)
    - publish conversion rules from the old system to the next
    - open discussion forums or threads (highly moderated) and strictly bugfix threads (also highly moderated)

Please do not do only interviews with marketing speech for your shareholders or press and then release something completely different for your players. Also unstructured tickles of info here and there will only create false info or rumors (more crying!).

Old 30th November 2012, 10:07
    #58 Loger

I wonder how they're gonna incetivize an ingame economy if everybody can craft everything...

Scratch that, I doubt the devs thought of that.

Although it's a much better system than what we have now, I still don't think it's optimal, but I doubt AoC will ever become the game for me with Silirion at the helm. Just too different opinions.

Old 30th November 2012, 12:32
    #59 K4nnyc

Originally Posted by Thebluecave View Post
    First of all the crafting revamp is way too early in its development to call it a fail.
    Wrong.

With Funcoms track record its a FAIL until proven otherwise. Look at the sh1t we had in the past, bori, sieging pvp consequence system about 12 class revamps all mega failed, unfixed bugs and unclosed exploits by the truckload.

Dont get me wrong, im looking forward to the craft revamp, but do I trust them not to screw it up?

No I dont trust them.

Thats why we need full disclosure and the time and resources on TL to test it, because clearly they do not test stuff enough before releasing it.

Old 30th November 2012, 13:08
    #60 89ideaz89

pvp crafting? nice maybe I will return to test it if some minigame will pop up ofc

Old 30th November 2012, 14:22
    #61 dagdasamildanac

i dont think that crafting revamp will be a fail - imo its long needed addition to pve progress that you have to make to be competetive and now additionally to revivng game economy it will bring fresh air - imagine everybody looking diferent at minigames or wherever you go with gear that dont need to be grind ages which pve carebears probablly like and its only entertainemnt in game for them

some said that everyone will be able to craft everything - thats not the truth coz skins for items will be first thing moduling crafters and then you got only 2,5% chance to make something special lets say better then nowadays pve t4 items, and more you craft you will become better so ppl who will spend their time for it and will be truely into it will make better scores then those who just do it only from time to time

then there is combination of materials to find true power of complexed process of creating item which i believe will take months to discover for some just like in diablo 2 when everyone had to discover horradrim cube recipes and runes proper order to make unic item, tbh it remides me more of d2 crafting engine where randomizing effect was pure math of score you would make making an item somtimes not worth one and sometimes one of the best a ladder - it was something special to make item that everyone desired and i think it will be simillar with new aoc crafting system

Old 30th November 2012, 14:50
    #63 Regnar85

My main problem with this revamp is not the revamp in it self, it was much needed for the crafters. My concern is that you are now forced to craft to get the best gear and everyone being able to have all proffesions, will make it a hell to collect recipes for along time to come atleast in pugs. For a player like me who dont care much for crafting at all, changing aoc from a low dependecy for crafting to it being in every aspect of the game, kinda kills the fun.

Old 30th November 2012, 15:01
    #64 Regnar85

Also being able to change the look of your t4 armor fx, seems like double work from funcoms side, after makeing the vanity system, silly since they dont seem to really have that many resources.

30th November 2012, 16:13
    #65 dagdasamildanac

Originally Posted by Regnar85 View Post
    Also being able to change the look of your t4 armor fx, seems like double work from funcoms side, after makeing the vanity system, silly since they dont seem to really have that many resources.
    if you didnt maintained yet - there isnt enabled in all parts of game vanity armor - for example mini games everybody look simillar and im really tired of same sh1t all the time - another one border kingdoms - diging resources for battlekeeps or siges there are vanity armors disbaled there too so pls think of what are you saying first if you didnt meet pvp on your pve trip with aoc yet!

Fu pve carebears and gtfo to your caves or better go raid scripted mobs with no ambition to test yourself against real danger - fighting with living opponent for which you cant predict moves or make tactics that will work 100% of the time - thats the true game beauty - pvp - and game was designed for it at its realse

PVE is big part of game and i know much of aoc population does that but believe me when there wouldnt be any new additions to pve how many would still do that? and with nearly no additions to pvp game is still quite healthy at fury - population is decent and we all have fun still no matter what and tho there wasnt any serious pvp gameplay addon we all are here - many cameback from other titles and i believe that crafting revamp in the way it is desinged and is looking for may bring even moar ppl back - worst scenerio - i already played one class that long im so bored i want to try something else - so you make anotehr toon and then what? - grind till your teeth rot and eyes fell of sockets for aa and gear the f pve! now there will be other oppurtunity - get items by yourself or buy it from someone who is selling it - for those clear profit - and one moar idea make FC shop sell gold - 1 - FC earn money on it - 2 - gold spam sellers will be gone - 3 - moar resources for market and economy while making ppl happy.

And everybody will be content since everybody will be into it to make profit and progress i think it will become another very important part of the game then just pve pvp and now additionally it will be crafting - i really believe that many ppl will really like it and enjoy becoming more advanced at it

and for f pve carebears that have or want to have t4 pve and are moaning about that new crafting will bring moar powerfull items - i got nearly full t3 pvp and it took me almost 3 years to get there not few months like it is in pve - or few weeks for khitai full set so pls shhhhh and think about other ppl not only about yourselves!

Old 30th November 2012, 18:01
    #66 Regnar85

So funcom cant just enable vanity armor in those zones? Some how it would seem much more easy to do.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast