Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

From "community update 1st february" thread:

Old 1st February 2013, 15:23
    #5 Melekaiah

also, any news on when the crafting update is coming to testlive?

last i heard it was very close to being sent to testlive.
    I hope the new team doesnt feel its going to go in and REDO the crafting yet again for it to be ready. if anything they should just finnish the current stuff and get customer feedback before fully decideing.

also set up some custom recipies and what not for the test server, so we can really play around with it and give propper feedback. and test the weapons and gear against stuff there.

Old 1st February 2013, 17:06
    #20 Kurt777

The crafting revamp better well sure offers chances to modify existing "plain looking" gear and add stats...or else...

AoC is still the best game due to vanity tab and amount of "good looking" (not the spiky, trendy battlemech) armor...please make sure it stays that way.

Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th June 2013 at 10:04.

From "new player here, playing this fantastic game..." thread:

Old 28th January 2013, 21:02
    #3 Manilavanilla

Thanks, it's tons of fun!
    One question, I read there will be a crafting revamp, should I wait to get into gathering/crafting until this is done?

I'll receive the expansion tomorrow, do I also need Savage Coast Turan off the ingame store right now or is this only for level 80 players?

Old 28th January 2013, 21:09
    #4 noite80

Originally Posted by Manilavanilla View Post
    Thanks, it's tons of fun!
    One question, I read there will be a crafting revamp, should I wait to get into gathering/crafting until this is done?

I'll receive the expansion tomorrow, do I also need Savage Coast Turan off the ingame store right now or is this only for level 80 players?
    turan has lvl 50ish open area to quest, some of those quests will have follow up repeatable quests for the unchained solo instances there(deadmans & iron statues)
    hopefully crafting revamp will happen in next months but the sluggish way they handle stuff most likely on summer, if your lvling its some extra quests/xp to lvl crafting i would do it in purple lotus swamp its pretty amazing place to run around with settings on max

From "can aoc still be saved?" thread:

Old 30th January 2013, 16:03
    #8 Sarcopthes

3.Pvp crafting - no pve grind for pvpers, pvp gear should be equal to top pve gear, give new players opportunity to get only a bit worse gear than pvp t2 in very short amount of time ; my suggestion:

Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    ... Imo they should let players buy pvp t1 armor in the ingame shop for ingame gold and implement pvp t1,5 full epic gear with same stats as pvp t2 but without tenacity, which would be needing pvp 3-5 level and no mini tokens but gold as well. Funcom should be selling this gear for funcom points...
    Old 30th January 2013, 18:06
    #11 Slith

Having watched the crafting video 2 times now I am of the opinion that if anything has a chance to re-launch AOC into being more successful mmo is crafting. Even if 75% of what FC told us was true it would still make for an amazing system.

From "Not played since launch, couple of questions" thread:

Old 18th January 2013, 05:05
    #20 PutchPT

some side notes to original poster:

- the new revamp of crafting system, if you like those, looks very very promising - check this VIDEO of the interview

video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ubP...ature=youtu.be

From "***population***" thread:

Old 8th January 2013, 21:49
    #2 Slith

Open world pvp, compared to old Kheshatta days, is very small, but that might change with crafting revamp (there will be pvp crafting)

minigames, on the other hand, are poping up all day since morning to late night.

From "where is everybody?" thread:

Old 1st January 2013, 16:33
    #25 gazoder

This game actually can be improoved easily. If just FC rework AA's (mainly for pvp ) will be very good and new players will have a chance. This sounds very common , but AA changes can be made in different way , can get point in each lvl , can be fixed when hit 80 with option to resset and so on .... or just they can be removed for pvp . Can be increased pxp gain at low lvls. Also with craft revamp (i dunno what it will be irl) but it's good to can craft pvp stuff , equally to t1.2.3 pvp ones will be good . Can be forced again battles on CE , if for pvp stuff crafting pvp maths are needed. This is not much , but definatelly can bring back many players.I personally dont thin FC will do anything , think they just put the game in TRASH and they dont care much about it. Now no matter how FC managed to fail amazing game like AoC , only important is what theey will do or not to improove the game and keep population and increase it.

Old 4th January 2013, 22:43
    #47 K4nnyc

AOC crafting is getting a revamp but look at the past: Crafting and the Economy has always needed on a big population to make it work, its how funcom designed it. Now that the population is at super LOW levels you can see there is no economy and there is no crafting anymore, because there are no numbers.

So yeah numbers are importsnt.

From "T3 craft's and shard's after revamp" thread:

Old 3rd November 2012, 10:45
    #1 Geemies

Question T3 craft`s and shard`s after rewamp
    Okay.
    What happends t3 crafting after rewamp?
    There is any use to shard?! There is any (T3) crafting anymore?
    I am close to have 20x shard`s and maybe get my first craft weapon.
    But FC, do i have to hasten for this?
    Or what happends. Plz tell something, cos if i but lot`s of my money in resources and after rewamp is it usefull, i think many ppl piss off! Plz say something!!

Old 3rd November 2012, 10:48
    #2 dagdasamildanac

they already said about it ...

there will be no t3 craft after revamp and shards if you will posses some will be turned into something valuable but there will be no more of them after revamp

Old 3rd November 2012, 11:25
    #3 Geemies

Okay, so any idea when they make chances?
    So sad, if craft 1x ingnot and waiting other, then come rewamp and that`s it! I want to hear ppl opinion, make this craft or save shard`s? And thx to post

Old 3rd November 2012, 17:24
    #4 Svartholtr

Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    they already said about it ...

there will be no t3 craft after revamp and shards if you will posses some will be turned into something valuable but there will be no more of them after revamp
    Unless it's just your own conclusion of whats to come-

-would you then be so kind as to point towards where you read/hear that regarding Shards -as I'm pretty certain I havent encountered said information in my own following of the revamp info presented to us...

Old 28th December 2012, 09:10
    #5 Dranikh

What happens to t3 crafted weps now?
    Basically i am just wondering what happens to the tier 3 crafted weps in the new craft revamp. Should i be getting spines of dagon for my sin now before they remove them from the game entirely? If i dont, will my sin be forever gimped? Or will there be better crafting weps than the t3 ones? Just want to know, cause i dont feel like spending the time and gold in order to just be "sure". Any input from the community to how this should be solved would also be great, but im not sure if funcom reads these posts.

Edit: Sorry, i didnt see the thread earlier regarding the same subject. Consider this thread closed unless you have new input on the matter.

Edit: Admin merged my question into the approperiate thread. Thanks.

From "PVP - @Sillirion and/or Devs..." thread:

16th May 2012, 15:34
    #25 Kurt777

All is not lost, you can still do a lot with the crafting revamp and the new adventure zone. So, until then i keep my fingers crossed that you will reconsider the consequence system or factions.

Old 16th May 2012, 18:02
    #34 Misy

- Use a kind of pvp resource doing very valuable in game, for example the crafting with new recipes.

16th May 2012, 18:16
    #38 Silirrion

Originally Posted by Misy View Post
    - Use a kind of pvp resource doing very valuable in game, for example the crafting with new recipes.
    Yes, we are already planning that for the new crafting system.

From "notes from the crafting livestream..." thread:

Old 29th November 2012, 00:04
    #1 Slith

Notes from the crafting livestream
    Few random notes from my tweeter feed:

Dragonspine for #ageofconan brings crafting and VANITY WEAPONS along with it!!
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan brings epic items de-construction for crafting
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will allow to make better items than raiding epics
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring PVP drops from players for PVP crafting
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring visual recepies for pure vanity
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan will being updated looks to OLD ARMORS
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will allow to craft items with different colors
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will start at lvl 20 and will be separated into 4 Tiers based on your character's level
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring new harvesting nodes, old ones are removed
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring epic armors with gem slots

all the info from here: http://www.ageofconan.com/news/devel..._november_28th

Disclamer: I tried to give write the info as best as I could but some mistakes could happen

Old 29th November 2012, 00:47
    #2 bogus

Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan brings epic items de-construction and everyone pressing NEED on everything because I need it for craft purposes. Bye, bye gearing up in pugs.
    Fixed for you.

Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring epic armors with gem slots
    Misunderstanding. MMORPG.com guy asked wrong question, Craig or the other dev answered even another one. It was said so many times:
    1. There won't be gems slots in crafted armors/weapons you can fill after crafting is completed.
    2. We'll use gems as a resouce to craft item.
    3. After crafting there won't be possibility to replace gem in crafted item. Only salvaging it and using different gem setup will be option.
    So in fact gems won't be gems like they are now, but become another type of resource which will determine some stats.

Old 29th November 2012, 02:05
    #3 cins

Dragonspine for #ageofconan brings epic items de-construction for crafting
    This could destroy pugging. At least this is the only thing that looks horribad.

Old 29th November 2012, 06:33
    #4 ArcaneScientius

Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will start at lvl 20 and will be separated into 4 Tiers based on your character's level
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring new harvesting nodes, old ones are removed...
    Awesome foursome! I like the idea of deconstructing items, but maybe only cloth armour to be used for cloth crafting, to reduce needing by everyone on everything.
    I think the lvl 20 intro is solid as it gives newbies something to do while levelling.
    Looking good.

Old 29th November 2012, 07:16
    #5 LunaticAsylumLA

Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will allow to make better items than raiding epics
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan will being updated looks to OLD ARMORS
    Dragonspine for #ageofconan crafting will bring new harvesting nodes, old ones are removed
    These is terrible news...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast