Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

From "realistically for 2013 what would you like ..." thread:

Old 2nd January 2013, 10:39
    #1 Callypiso

Smile Realistically for 2013 what would you like to see?
    In a positive stylee...

Realistically for 2013 what would you like to see in AoC? We know there is>>>

• New Playfield - Spine (10th of January)
    • New Instances (I think AoC has a lot of these already tbh)
    • Crafting revamp
    • Class revamps scheduled

Is this all we can expect or are there "resources" available? I understand that unless players flock to AoC we are unlikely to get much in the way of Development, however I would like to see>>>

• Another Playfield announced (tease us)
    • A few more skills added with a different way to earn them
    • A few more quests lines with cool loot.

Thoughts?

Old 2nd January 2013, 19:37
    #15 ibrock

Beyond what's on the way (i.e Dragon's Spine playfield and instances plus the crafting revamp)...

For PvP: Revamp/fix sieges and/or add a colosseum with a ranking system

For PvE: New culture playfield announced set in either Black Kingdoms (based on "Queen of the Black Coast" ruins location) or in Hyperboria (would be cool to see a location with heavy influences from Russian and Finnish prehistoric art)

For all: The mythical stealth revamp. And enough cross server tech to allow a real LFG and LFR tool.

Further out: Sil's also mentioned that mesh-tinting will eventually be possible, so it'd be nice to see some base items for crafting (e.g. capes, hoods, hands, wrists, and robes) that could be dyed.

Finally ... Fix the invisible mounts and give us back our beards on the selection screen.

Old 2nd January 2013, 19:40
    #16 CrayC

The crafting revamps is gonna make my dreams come true, I feel. It's not just a system revamp. For me, it is CONTENT. I just hope it's gonna take a while to figure stuff out.

Old 3rd January 2013, 01:30
    #26 Evito

The announced stuff, working properly with no bugs in the first half, get the hox and necro revamped in the second.

Between that stuff;
    Bring DT and conq back to reality in terms of what they can do in DPS specs and frenzy stance (without nerfing tanking).

More options to spend raid relics, ability to buy weapons, accessories, raid crafting resources etc when that goes live would be lovely.

Completely revamp entity encounter.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th June 2013 at 09:32.

Old 3rd January 2013, 10:39
    #28 Scythie

I am so hoping that the crafting system will be a hit, that would bring a chunk of content right off the bat.

Old 3rd January 2013, 10:47
    #29 Antaran
    Originally Posted by CrayC View Post
    The crafting revamps is gonna make my dreams come true, I feel. It's not just a system revamp. For me, it is CONTENT. I just hope it's gonna take a while to figure stuff out.

To be honest, Funcom's one of the few companies who would still support such an unprofitable, old, niché game like Age of Conan AND in addition produce decent content annually AND talk about it through social media.
    This is very true, the crafting has been lacking of late and pretty stagnant since launch so the crafting revamp and what i've seen of it is a big deal.

Old 6th January 2013, 17:11
    #52 Sarcopthes

imo over 1/3 of aoc players whose first activity is pvp deserve at least such an upgrades for pvp, not counting new minigame map which isnt that much really. With implementing pvp crafting - make some hype to bring back old pvp players and gain new ones

Old 7th January 2013, 08:14
    #56 Misiuggah

Even T3,5 can have great rewards as long as these items will provide stats that aren't on T4 gear (f.e. protection armour for BS which has better hp and dps than Yag-Kosha, but maybe less heal rating etc.) or the gear can be refined or customized through new crafting.

Old 15th January 2013, 22:32
    #78 DarkFalz888

Also, i hope that once crafting is revamped, resource nodes and profession trainers are placed in tortage, as people sure like to craft something of their own since the beginning.

Old 16th January 2013, 04:38
    #79 LunaticAsylumLA

3. When the crafting revamp hits (I hope it does not, though: I just love the current crafting system), I wish to gain experience separate from PvE or PvP experience; so that I gain nothing in PvP levels from crafting rocks or nothing in PvE levels for picking cotton.

Old 16th January 2013, 07:34
    #83 Kurt777

I still have not given up the hope that with the crafting revamp you would be able to use the quest rewards as basic skin for new items

Old 6th February 2013, 18:18
    #123 Kurt777

Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    It still boggles my mind how can there be quests with BoP rewards that aren't even usable by your class. This also has to be checked.
    I am seriously hoping those things become "useful" either through unique salvaged resources or modifications with the wondrous crafting revamp (like a crafting option to unbind low power items or a crafting option to downgrade heavy armor into medium armor etc. etc.).

Btw, shouldn't it be realistic to expect them to communicate some conversion rules or compensation UP FRONT with reasonable time between info and patch???
    Something like
    standard receipe green => compensation xy or "something" in the new system
    blue receipe => compensation ab or "something" more useful in the new system
    etc. etc.

From "why no crafted weapons in item shop?" thread:

Old 8th February 2013, 07:45
    #5 Slith

Crafting revamp is upon us and players will be able to craft solo more powerful items than current T3 raid crafted. It will take time, knowledge and effort but not a T3 guild.

Old 8th February 2013, 07:59
    #6 LunaticAsylumLA

I hope this is not true. Raid crafting should bring more powerful items.

Old 8th February 2013, 18:19
    #7 Slith
    Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I hope this is not true. Raid crafting should bring more powerful items.
    it is not yet clear if there will be any raid crafting. However it is confirmed that, althou it will be HARD, players will be able to craft best items in game surpassing even T4.

This is what the Devs said in the dev cast on mmorpg.com
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th June 2013 at 09:56.

Old 8th February 2013, 18:43
    #9 Slith

The new system has 3 elements: components with determen stats, knowledge of how to use components (even order matters!) which gives bonuses and critical success which gives a chance to create really powerful item (around 2% chance, can be upgraded via crafting).

So if most powerful items are created they will be so by most dedicated, skilled and lucky crafters. This will no longer be a system where all you do is:

materials + recepie + lol = ITEMZ!

From "guild cities and crafting changes" thread:

Old 28th January 2013, 15:47
    #1 IceStubbur

Guild cities and crafting changes
    This may sound lame to some players but everyone has their different types of entertainment in the game.
    One of the things I find to be fun is buildings and decorations, hence farming for the mats needed.
    Funcom has made so many recipes that allow us to put up all kinds of decorations within and even outside of our cities and I have found that to be very cool.
    what makes me a little sad is the fact that all guild cities have the same look when it comes to building skins.
    So my question is this to funcom.
    Is it a very huge undertaking to introduce recipes that would make it possible to change looks of building? Like finding a Turan recipe for a new library and you would have a Turan oriented library. Or a khitai oriented alchemy tower so you could have the tower in a pagoda style. I am not asking that with these skin changes came more buffs or anything just a way to make your city, well a little more customized

Old 5th February 2013, 14:35
    #2 PutchPT

good idea, but unfortunately, if funcom does something like that, it most likely be after the crafting revamp...
    i would also like to see some turan buildings and would love to see a full guild city with khitai/chinese architecture

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast