Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

From "How should funcom change the crafting..." thread:

Old 30th December 2010, 14:01
    #1 stevepine

How Should Funcom Change the Crafting System?
    Hello Drunkards and Wenches!

I tend to think the most helpful and interesting threads on the forums are the ones that attempt to keep it as simple as possible So...

We all know the crafting system sucks right?

1) What do you think are the bad things about the way it is now?

2) How do you think it should be changed and improved?

( Aim: -- Making crafting something that most players are actually interested in and really want to get involved in)

Old 30th December 2010, 14:17
    #2 stevepine

1) I personally hate the stats for items. I remember it even took me ages to figure out the difference between hit rating and combat rating lol and then learning that this gem gives you a 0.8 % bonus in this and that.. I mean what does an 0.8 percent bonus in a skill really mean ? I think stats could be better and clearer.

2) One idea I had was that, when you kill a player in pvp, he should drop a valuabe crafting material (as well as the pvp mats) and that after gathering enough of different materials like this from kills , you could craft a blue or (with a LOT more ) a purple level item for your character. Just an idea.

Old 30th December 2010, 14:47
    #3 Nolenthar

The worse imo in the crafting system is certainly the near impossibility to get most of the material in the world while questing, and also the hundred of quests it generates, filling your quest logs so fast you have to concentrate on artistry and nothing else before you can actually make it a casual activity.

Also, it's obvious some materials have simply make a lot of people giving up on crafting.

I really had the feeling while progressing than the crafting had nothing to offer, especially nowadays.

In other games, crafted item are a valuable alternative when it comes to gearing your toon even while levelling. In AOC, it's valuable only at level 80, and even there, you better get your gear from Khitai.

So, If you asked me :

- lower drastically the minimum level to start crafting to level 10, and make it something any character will get to do, or will be invited to do without going to this resources area.
    - making the material income way easier for the low level ones, a bit like the stones and metal (a 100% income)
    - Make item craftable ONLY with the proper equipement (no crafting outside of cities or specific crafting place).
    - making a lower quality of magic gem droppable (no one will waste a true gem on a low level gear, but a "nerfed" gem who world drop, yes)
    - making the resources way easier to get outside of the resources area
    - Khitai recipe ?

I know Santa is not far but I don't believe anything will be changed, nice try though

Old 30th December 2010, 16:49
    #4 sabbath1989

Lower the resource cost on all or certain weapons and armors, in return, those can only be crafted at certain places.
    Or greatly increase droprates.

Old 30th December 2010, 16:58
    #5 Caust999

I don't like some of the design choices made in the AoC crafting system:

1) Crafting progression is gated by PvE level. You shouldn't need to level your character to 80 to be able to craft to the full extent.

2) You need to grind PvE group instances on your crafting character to get the chance to roll on BoP recipes. If any grinding should be involved in getting recipes it should be crafting related grinding.

3) You can max out your crafting profession without any interaction with other crafting professions. Crafting recipes used while progressing your profession should be dependent on materials created by other crafting professions without need for rare BoP recipes.

To fix this would FC need to do a total rewamp of the crafting system, which is very unlikely to happen.

Old 30th December 2010, 18:05
    #6 Rathothis

A crafting system would require

I. meaningful goals

Currently not the case, as Khitai blues are better than culture gear, and more easily accessible.

Solutions:

a. add Khitai recipes (requires some design input though, both in terms of looks and in terms of stats);
    b. for Armorsmith and Weaponsmith: add item improvement recipes providing a small buff to item stats (e.g. weaponsmith recipe "balanced hilt" provides a minor bonus to hit rating etc.);
    c. for Gemcutter: make the profession viable by adding gem slots to items - currently the only use for gems is in T2 and T3 crafted items, as most culture gear is obsolete.

II. better integration in the gameplay

The main drawback of the crafting system is, first, the insane grind required to level your gathering skills (granted, you can craft without those, if you are married to a gold farmer), and secondly, the equally insane grind for the recipes.

Solutions:

a. increase drop rate of normal and green crafting materials from mobs (would make gathering quests easier to complete);
    b. remove BoP binding from all recipes (note: am not sure how many recipes this applies to, from what I remember from my recipe grinding days most were not BoP anyway);
    c. assign old world culture recipes to Khitai dungeons (say a recipe dropped by Neftummon in Onyx can now also drop from Zhu La);
    d. increase the drop rate of recipes in low level dungeons as nobody will do them nowadays but for the recipes (the better solution would be to add level 80 versions of these dungeons that drop the low level recipes, but that topic has been discussed elsewhere).

Just some ideas - some of these are easier to implement than others, but any change to the crafting system can only be for the better...

Old 30th December 2010, 19:59
    #7 Kurt777

May issues with crafting are:
    - too few recipes available without grinding special group instances (drop rate could be higher there though or make special culture recipes random drops from all fitting instance bosses)
    - add some recipe vendor or special quests to get special recipes (please NOT only in guild cities with renown 1000+ or khitai (the khitai ones can be there, though ))
    - i want the option to modify existing armor (dyes, small enchantments, unbinding green armor etc.). nothing powerful, just ways to customize my looks
    (Rhathotis' Ib and Ic fit this as well)
    - MORE SPACE in the resource bag

please not more endgame khitai only recipes...the game will be worse with immersion enough when t4 becomes common.

Old 30th December 2010, 23:30
    #8 CrayC

It's perfectly fine, if not a little boring (oh, and getting recipes is a pain in the ***). I've never crafted anything for personal use, but I've made countless stuff for guildies, and IMO, that's what crafting is all about in this game. A social advantage. Oh, and it's great source of income. (okay, not great but good)

What I would like to see is a craftable epic set (both armor and weapons).
    Not through traditional recipe grinding, but through a long, long questchain.
    It should be -hard- to get, and rare to see. with stats matching, i don't know T1, maybe more?

Old 31st December 2010, 01:39
    #9 Kalinox

1) What do you think are the bad things about the way it is now?

a) Players are not in charge of the whole crafting process.

b) Crafted items are either too rare, of insuffcient quality (stats) or cheaper alternatives exists from merchants (pots).

c) Once a customer is served there is no reason for him to come back, and each crafter is kind of anonymous.

d) There is no skill in the crafting process (everyone can craft the same thing of the same quality given they have the level and recipe).

e) The marked is a bit too small for each and every character to have two professions.

f) You can craft anything anywhere

g) Recipe drops.

2) How do you think it should be changed and improved?

a) Remove the resource NPCs. Make processing raw materials a professions onto its own. All resourcs should also exist as "harvestable" resources to supply the increase in demand.

b/c) I would suggest increasing the power of crafted items (armor/weapons) to that of their world/dungeon counterparts, but with durabilty added to them. If crafted items gradually wear down, the owner must either buy some means of mending his item or buy a new one. Potions from merchants should have their effect reduced by 50% in order to make the crafted ones the better option.

d) Having a button for crafting is way too simple. Crafting should either be a sort of "mini game" or be based on a crafting stat. You would then have graded item results after your crafting session. This is also a section where the new professions of answer 2a come into play. If you get a low graded item you can sell it to someone who can process it and buy it back as recycled materials, ready to be crafted into new items.
    Crafting should be given a progression system just as PvP levels or AA.

e) There is no reason to have two professions on each character as this can overflow the market. There needs to be competition. Separate professions into tiers.
    Tier 1: gathering
    Tier 2: processing
    Tier 3: crafting
    Let each character have one Tier 3 and one Tier 2 profession; Tier 1 everyone can do.
    Maybe could the choice of your Tier 2 affect your Tier 3 in some way. Are you proficient at destilling herbs you might be able to create better leather armors, or your skill in metallurgy allows you to give an extra boost to the stat of one your crafted weapons.

f) Not having dedicated crafting locations doesnt have the greatest of impact on the crafting system as its current state. But with the already broken chain of each class having two professions, npc suppliers and the poor quality of crafted items everyone can rly supply their own needs. Making crafters obsolete for the most part. Having a crafting house in the guild city that just stands there unused is a bit sad. Make a zone out of each crafting house. As your upgrade your city the interior and possibilities within that crafting house improve.
    (ex: Tier 1 city smithy - a small fireplace and an anvil.
    Tier 3 city smithy - a large furnace, whetstones, several anvils etc.)
    To craft your items you need to interact with objects within the house supporting your profession and the item you are about to craft. A personal crafters bank and trader would also be appreciated within those houses.

g) Recipes should be learned through experience and choices. Kill the recipe hunt. As suggested in answer 2d crafting should have its own progression system. Through this system you could recieve basic recipes as we recieve spells and combos on our characters. Each recipe would then have its own progression system so that right off the bat not everyone can supply the same items. Special recipes could be awarded throug progressing in both your Tier 2 and Tier 3 professions (2e), and give a greater variety amongst crafters.

A small "wall of text", but it needs to come out somehow.
    In a previous thread I and several other posted ideas on how to improve the crafting chain in greater detail.

Link: Crafting must get a full and complete overhaul.

Key word for improving crafting
    PRODUCTION CHAIN!

Old 3rd January 2011, 14:34
    #10 Chtuga

Just copy the tradeskill system from Everquest2. Its what we really need.
    Currently the tradeskill system is so bad its a joke

Old 3rd January 2011, 15:04
    #11 alabandes

Originally Posted by Chtuga View Post
    Just copy the tradeskill system from Everquest2. Its what we really need.
    Currently the tradeskill system is so bad its a joke
    Eve Online best trade skill and marketing...

Old 3rd January 2011, 15:26
    #12 Chtuga

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alabandes View Post
    Everquest2 tradeskilling would simply fit perfectly since its utilize something similar to "combos" for tradeskilling.

Old 3rd January 2011, 15:36
    #13 bedoubt

Everquest 2 crafting system was realy great, i remember i actually enjoyed doing crafting in that game. This was before wow came out, so if the crafting has changed i do not know.

Old 3rd January 2011, 15:39
    #14 alabandes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chtuga View Post
    Tradeskilling in EVE doesnt require player skill as far as I know.

Everquest2 tradeskilling would simply fit perfectly since its utilize something similar to "combos" for tradeskilling.
    yes, exactly 80 years (World Time) to improve the skills of the game must

Old 3rd January 2011, 20:46
    #15 ibrock

There are several things with which to be concerned when thinking about crafting: ease of introduction; sources of recipes and materials; balance; and appearance/prestige.

Here’s what I think FC could easily do to address these issues:

1. For ease of introduction, FC should generally keep the system they have now (to avoid major time delay associated with major patches like the itemization revamp) but build on it:

a. To start, introduce non-skilled crafting (no training required) at level 15: players can acquire a note book that allows the crafting of some extra potent greens and at level 25 some blues; these items would be crafted using an existing quantity of gray items from the trader or drops, as well as some generics materials. The new items would have good stats and a slot that allows them to be ‘boosted’ when it's filled.

b. These 'boosts' could come from a new crafting element called a ‘rune-scrap’, or something like that, which is a piece of parchment that shows a special rune that can be added to an item. There would only be 4 types of rune-scraps Stygian hieroglyphs (Boosts for mages and ToSs); Cimmerian oghams (Boosts for Rogues and BS); Aquilonian icons (Boosts for Soldiers and POMs); and in Gateway to Khitai, Khitan logo-graph rune scraps (these boost critigation in any item). Rune-scraps would be rare drops from bosses like the Ritual Master in Underhalls or mini-bosses (particularly those in resources zone types) like Kazz Witchfire or Destrel the Mad etc. A rune-scrap would fit into one of these non-skilled crafted item’s socket, like a gem does now and could only be used once. Acquired runes would boost not by adding set amounts to stats but by increasing percentages (e.g. "Wisdom increases by 3%" but never "+20 to armour") so they remain relevant at later levels. They should stack in items that could take 2 or 3 runes. Some runes would only be usable in higher level skill crafted recipes and there could be some rare rune-scraps in instances like Onyx or in raid loot.

For example making these low level non-skilled crafted-items could require a few generics like for example three of the 'Ape King's Treasures', those rubies always acquired on the initial trip from the beach with Lady Gaga er ... Casilda (Think of it ... if you choose to sell it, it will be in greater demand and fetch a better price; or you can keep it. ... some of these would have one drop on the ape island in White Sands, too. Otherwise players would have to start farming the starting area.)

2) To address the issue of material and recipes’ sources, after level 40 keep the training as is but …

a. Expand the number of blue rare skill crafted recipes including new ones that have a gem slot and 1 to 3 rune slots … so that new items can be used to boost attributes.

b. Create a guild vendor who will sell some of these new recipes, too.

c. Install a dismantle mechanic, so that junk greens can be converted into trade skill resources (I’ve advocated this for a while) to ease the mid-level grind for resources and drive-up the prices of greens that do get sold.

3) FC doesn’t need to get picky about PvE balance (Off-line leveling has mitigated the impact of this) until you get to level 75+ items. There’s no real major problem with having an OP PvE lower-level character that's got these kinds of items, as the player can just throw-in a few off-line levels or do epic fields with some friends and get similar powerful kit. Clearly in PvP items, balancing would be more critical.

4) As with the rare blues available in instances or from trade, give the new items a unique appearance and so a high prestige.

a. I’d also advocate that some new purples be created that can be crafted through combining reasonable grinding in Khitai with repeatable quests the forthcoming House of Crom (give us a reason to go there).

b. After T4 is added, also create a set of orange (aka, legendary) items and recipes that players can work towards (e.g. recipes that combine Shards of the Exiled God, large quantities of life essence, mile-stone symbols from Khitai 6-man instances, rune-scraps, raid and Khitai tokens et cetera). Legendary recipes for full armour sets, rings, capes, and weapons would be sweet. The intended purpose of these items, would be to off-set the difficulty of T3 and T4 raiding and for bragging rights and enhance solo and small group play. They don’t have to be especially more powerful than existing T3 and T4 items, but just an alternative to them in the way that some Khitai items are viable alternatives to T1 and T2. Personally, I’d like to see the orange items be designed according to pre-cataclysmic culture designs: Atlantean (inspired by Celtic & Germanic art); Acheronian (based on Inca, Aztec, And Mayan as the Acheronian culture sets currently are); ‘Old’ Stygian (has a more primitive Egyptian look); Lemurian ( has Chinese, Korean, and Japanese … yes, Japanese … elements to make Lemurian sets look somewhat distinct from Khitan); Thurian (Persian, Scythian and Sarmatian inspired) sets; and a ‘chthonic’ set for HoXs (Something really weird inspired by the Cthulhu mythos of Lovecraft.)

To summarize, this approach would not require a complete overhaul of the current system; it would reduce grinding and add simple crafting earlier in the game; the rune-scraps could be added to simple and skill crafted items along side the existing gems; it would add some classic Hyborian flavour via new culture sets; finally it would create more incentives to grind instances in Khitai, do T2 raids for shards, and do House of Crom when it comes out. This approach would also mesh well with social armor slots, cz players could keep prestigious sets for show even if they got the more common T1 and T2 sets. It would take less time to implement than a full revamp.

Old 4th January 2011, 06:20
    #16 PolarMouse

ibrock, I like your suggestion a lot.

Old 4th January 2011, 07:24
    #17 Scythie

Simply excellent thinking there IBrock.
    I would only add that crafting should be allowed by subbed players not trial accounts.

Old 4th January 2011, 08:02
    #18 Akfourtys

Those ideas are great, but hard to implement into current system.
    The most efficient idea ive ever heard is that my friend Finstere told me once.
    Why current craft is crap? Coz nobody cares about crafted items. Why should we seek crafted gear if proper quests allow us to get better items?
    Just remember how did u get all the gear u were wearing during leveling to 80?
    Quests, Epic dungeons if u have friends. And if u realy want to be overpowering in pvp on earlier levels - yes crafted weapon, that is better than +10lvl conterparts from quests.

a) So the simpliest change FC can make now - is to remove blues from common quests. Blues ment to be Rare, not just a common joke, that everyone looks like similar. So if u want better gear instead of green - u Must look for crafted one.
    b) materials needed is insane. F.e. some weapons with nice stats at lvl 50+ require lots of rare metal, that i remember was grinded for about 2 days just to have them dropped at last. That makes getting mats too long, makes their price too high, so at the end that weapon comes with insanely high price, not affordable by new players with low starting gold income.
    Recalculate required materials, realy.

as an alternative i agree with an idea to bring crafting progression level in the game. So maybe it can be effecting required mats. f.e. novice armorsmith, that just got his recipe would need 150% of materials. And experienced armorsmith with same recipe would need only 100%. Masters would make same for 75% of mats needed. but this is much harder to apply into current craft system.

Old 4th January 2011, 09:09
    #19 Nimyla

What you should add basic is you special in craft to

For exmple weaponsmith can train to become master swordsmith and so on i think you get what im after and at end on that you make some epic item which ofc will not be easy to make

Same go for armorsmith and gemcutting for atm everyone can make samething with make the same carft which is boring

And add axe to weaponsmith jess i know it been ask again and again to be add to this game this is Age of Conan and most common weapon was axe for the alot easy to make then sword

And add modify to weapon and armor like add color and add symbol

And i still dont know why you cant learn make Khitai armor and weapon it is know fact that you get inspire of other culture

In all in all Funcom could learn alot form game like World of Warcaft, Everquest 2, EVE and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes which all have good solid carft in there game

Old 4th January 2011, 11:35
    #20 Invino

When Khitai came out, market on crafted goods bloomed.

Then it bombed and its hopeless now.

Only a few lvl 80 recipes have any hope of making a profit to the crafter and that's if you actually manage to buy the mats. [Stoneheart case in point]

All lvl 60-70 recipes are a terrible mistake and each item costs at least 5G to make (again if you find rare mats). No chance of selling anything at this price.

Solution: Reduce cost of recipe crafting. Hardly anyone mines any more and mats prices are through the roof.

Old 4th January 2011, 16:06
    #21 olilau

I completely agree with Chtuga: everquest 2 crafting system is near perfect.

And the combo system fits perfectly with Age of Conan.

Old 4th January 2011, 18:44
    #22 Redstar

Please elaborate: How does the crafting system in EQ2 work? If it is something similar to the system in Ultima Online I 100% agree also. The crafting system does need a revamp regardless.

PvP people want this, PvE people want that, crafting is something everybody needs.

Problem with Crafting:

Boring, nothing you craft will ever be remotley unique, unimaginative system.

Suggestion:

1: Crafting XP

2: Crafting titles (This item was crafted by Redstar, Apprentice Smith, Legendary Smith, Glorious Smith, etc)

3: Add a risk of failure, easier items fail less often than hard ones. The risk being resources lost.

4: Npc Bulk Orders. You collect different orders at an NPC which will vary depending on your crafting lvl. You craft, put the stuff in a deed and hand it in. Crafting XP gain + a chance of a reward(see next point.)

5: Rewards for such Bulk Orders. An amount of gold + CXP, + a chance to get rare tools with +stat abilities and a certain amount of uses. Rare gems, resources, tokens etc. Harder bulk orders give a higher chance on a good reward, keyword being chance.

6: Further specialize the professions, 1 profession per character. Add the possibility to specialize in a certain type of armor.

7: Player made PVP armors/ weapons.

8: Add the possibility to convert PvE/PvP items to Social items without stats, wearable over your real armor.

9: Harvesting also need a small revamp, introduce pickaxes of different qualities, better ones yield a higher chance of getting better ore. Dangerous creatures should be attracted to the rare ore and should spawn accordingly to drop. There is already a feature like this though, but it could use an improvement.

Any takers?

Old 4th January 2011, 23:16
    #23 Maeja

One could do worse than to replicate the crafting system of SWG, which had some similar elements of UO (it was designed by Raph Koster who also worked on UO). Of course, a complete revamp might be very hard at this stage, but consider introducing the following elements that SWG crafting had:

1) Make gathering an activity rather than a chore.
    Instead of having nodes, there are veins of materials that change location weekly, and have different properties every time. These properties will affect the stats of your crafted items. So, there is a trade-off: you can spend time hunting for materials of the very best quality, or just grab the first vein you find.

Oh, once you find a vein, you don't mine it yourself; instead you hire a miner to do that for you. Over time he'll gather mats, you just visit him every 1 or 2 days to pay him and get the gathered mats off him. And after a week, the vein disappears.

2) Introduce variable stats
    Having variable stats allows crafters to customize their items. This is a bit like adding a certain gem, but as stated above the properties of the ingredients will also play a factor. Also, the crafter can opt to experiment and increase certain properties by adding additional ingredients, but this comes at a risk of ruining the item. A bit like having crafting be a minigame as someone mentioned.

3) Increase the importance of crafted items
    It's hard to balance loots vs. crafted items, and this game isn't set up to switch to a wholly player driven economy like SWG. Instead, we can apply the Khitai epic set matrix, which consists of dungeon drops and faction loots. Why not add crafted items to this matrix? A similar matrix can be applied to "old world" blue sets.

4) Make crafting a viable profession in itself
    In SWG and UO, my crafters really were crafters, in that they had no combat ability and did not spend any time in dungeons. In UO, crafting skill points and combat points shared the same capped pool, so a skilled crafter did not have any combat abilities whatsoever.

In AoC that would be hard to implement since that is class and level based. Even so, I would like to see crafting skills to be a proper skill tree that one grinds XP for from tyhe ground up, instead of having the ability to craft good sets (Culture) come from luck in dungeon runs. A proper crafter avoids dungeons like the plague.

5) Make crafting a viable playstyle in itelf
    This is the mother of all changes, and the sign of a well rounded MMO. implementing the above points would go a long way towards achieving this. The crown on this achievement would be something that would allow a crafter to make a name for themselves on the server (something that is seriously lacking from AoC in all playstyles). A good way to achieve this would be to allow a crafter to open a shop (in, dare I say it: player housing) and sell goods there.

The end goal for a crafting revamp would be to make crafting a viable playstyle. UO and SWG managed this very nicely, and in SWG I did little else.

Old 5th January 2011, 09:14
    #24 Nolenthar

I can only see good ideas in all those posts, but unfortunately, I also feel like it's way too much work for a game that is clearly looking to PvE and PvP improvements.

Also, the item creation (from the developper's point of view) by itself seems way too complicated, not enough malleable to make that much changes.

Despiste the changes made to the game with the version, some items kept their statistics, even if some of them are pointless, which is a clue that it's way too complicated to update those items.

So, unfortunately, unless this comes to be the main preoccupation of the whole community, I don't see any change coming in this system.

Old 5th January 2011, 09:57
    #25 Nimyla

Good point and also very true i think Nolenthar but it have ask time and time again to do something about carft system in this forum but it dont like look it is big on Funcom what to do list.

But add axe to weapons smiths was ask 2 month after AoC went online only axe we got was culture repice which in my eyes and many that have left this game are big error axe was the most common weapon in middle age next to spears/polearm and bow

Which is also funny that weaponsmith cant do spears for rangers as alternative to bow and xbow but if would make little more work to add spears as it affect combat system to

12th January 2011, 10:17
    #26 Kalinox

Thumbs up
    Everquest 2 Crafting system as I remember it (plz allow for some errors).

First of all crafting was given a leveling system equal to that of PVE.
    You could max out your crafting independet of your PVE progression though it was way easier to do a paralell progression.
    EQ2 also had item durabillity so you had to repair your equipment or buy a new one.

Crafting was restricted to locations or craft guild houses.
    In those houses you had several floors with workstations required by all the professions (wood working bench, tailoring bench, weave, forge, etc.)

To craft an item you would have to interact with these workstations and that started an crafting "encounter ("you versus the Task").

This encounter was displayed by your character doing some task-appropriate animations.
    During this animation "difficulties" related to the craft process came up on your screen.
    These had to be countered within a few seconds.
    To counter them you had a HUGE selection of abillites just like you had your PVE abillites.
    The quality of your product depended on how successfull you were at countering these "defects/problems" and the abillity you used.
    Failing to counter one of the "defects" would result in a setback in your crafting process as well as DAMAGE to your character
    (I died several times from CRAFTING before learning this system).

Higher level recipes had much harder encounters, new "defects" and abilities to counter them.
    So you constantly had to work on your crafting.
    The damage from failing also increased so here it helped to have a higher level PVE level to allow for some error, but you could make it anyway.

As you leveled up through the crafting levels the duration of the "defects" you had to counter would increase.
    So doing low level recipes at when you were at a high crafting level was a cake walk with no real risk to the quality of the product or yourself.

To produce an item you had to craft or buy sub parts.
    To craft a Sword for example you would have to craft the blade,
    the hilt, the guard and the pommel.
    The final encounter was to combine these parts into a sword.

Most items required you to use several workstations to produce all the sub parts.
    An armor with metal pieces would require some parts made of iron at the smithy, some woven thread and some tailored leather and it might also include some jewlery smithing.

As a single crafter it was hard to get sufficient skill within all those professions.
    So you usually had to rely on other to craft some of the sub parts for your (order them) or buy them off of the trader.

edit:
    EQ2 had prefix and sufix titles you could add to your name.
    Leveling up through crafting gave you a few titles.
    ( I like titles XD )

Through crafting in EQ2 you could make storage boxes for your bank. Each box used one slot in the bank, but could have up to 40 slots within (Do we have a need for more storage space? hint hint).

That is in short more or less what I remember. I bet someone else can suplement this even more.

As a reply to the wish for a more elaborate gathering system.
    I would like to see resource clusters in the game.
    It is pretty rare to see a single tree of a given type all alone (in nature). Mineral deposits also usually appear in clusters.
    So why not make "lumberjack camps" with a dozen or so farmable trees around, a mineshaft/cave with mineral nodes inside, fields of cotton and so on.

A: increased efficiency, you could introduce tools that would allow different yields and maybe even repetable gathering quests.
    B: it might become PvP hot-spots.
    C: It would be cool!

Old 12th January 2011, 11:28
    #27 Invino

There are some stellar ideas being touted. And also some fluff too.

Realistically, FC won't change the crafting system due to not actually having devs or the will.

Simple solution would be to reduce the cost of crafting recipes ..especially lvl 60-70 ones to make them viable in levelling process.

I have a ton of recipes for every class and yet I craft about 10 in total, of which only 3 are below lvl 75. I'm loaded with mats and it is a huge shame that there is absolutely no way to craft stuff without losing a huge amount of G.

Who will pay 7-8G for 1 piece of lvl 65 armour? I would if my alt needed it but I make that in an hour not trying. Not many can say that.

If population was 10x bigger, a better crafting system .. more involved .. more time consuming would be an idea. As it is now, there is no incentive to change it drastically and a far better use of time would be to simply drop the requirements on armour.

lvl 75 & 80 stuff is just right on mats. Maybe some can be lower, but lvl 60-70 are just stupidly overpriced. Who has 5 Illustrum at 1G a piece for lvl 65 boots? Or 7 Black Silver for a lvl 50 chest?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast