Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Dreamworld Engine can do mask-tinting as a back-end function, so dyes are possible. But item models must be designed for it by the design-artists from the get go. So they'll never be able to implement it on old items.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

I agree that crafting is fairly well done, although I am looking forward to the revamp. But mostly as a way of making a more flexible and in depth system. I am curious to see what effect this has on the trader greens and materials.

The biggest thing if want to change in the current system (which may be moot if the quest chains for crafting vanish) is breaking up armorsmithing and weapon crafting into subsets. For example,
    If you're a soldier you may choose to skip making cloth armors at level 40 and 50. At level 60, you can make the armors you completed the tiers for but not the new cloth ones. It would save a lot of grinding for leather and silk/ironsilk.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    It would save a lot of grinding for leather and silk/ironsilk.
    Have you noticed, that it is not necessary anymore for the toon to gather (/ collect / farm) the stuff? You can buy them in the tradingpost at the trader and give them to the teacher. They will be treated as "work done".

In my opinion, there are too much resources (more than 120 to be found and stored + 50 buyable at the guildcity / resource merchant in the resource instances). So many of them are now absolutely worthless (REDWILLOW BARK stack of 100 cost 1 silver!). I would prefer fewer materials with more combinations so every ressource has its right to exist.

But I´m not in a hurry with the revamp as the servermerge has brought many more customers and I can´t complain about too few sales. I still have fun with the current system and I´m even trying to get more culture-recipes from Onyx / Atzel. Someone interested in a farm-group?
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

People should just value their time a bit and raise prices for their gathered or collected resources, maybe? All traders can communicate and enter alliances with fair trade rules (where we do not get 1 person selling 100 Ibises for 150 gold, for example, as soon as someone puts his Ibis for sale for a normal price).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    In my opinion, there are too much resources (more than 120 to be found and stored + 50 buyable at the guildcity / resource merchant in the resource instances). So many of them are now absolutely worthless (REDWILLOW BARK stack of 100 cost 1 silver!). I would prefer fewer materials with more combinations so every ressource has its right to exist.
    and that´s even after the mini revamp in 2009(?), there used to be much more resources at launch.. icy crocodile tears anyone?
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    All traders can communicate and enter alliances with fair trade rules (where we do not get 1 person selling 100 Ibises for 150 gold, for example, as soon as someone puts his Ibis for sale for a normal price).
    Well, I tried to communicate with the ones, who sell a lot and always undercut prices of others, but the most time I don´t got an answer. In most other cases the traders refuse on agreements. Unfortunately they may not be wrong, as the items are only sold by the price. As there are no differences in qualtiy, stats or territory, people would be fools to but NOT the cheapest price (My strategy is to go even with the lowest price to not undercut them and hope to hold prices steady)

And one step further: It could have been a possibility for different prices when we only had 4 tradingposts (Khemi, Conarch, Tarantia, Pin-Pin) and some goods which can be obtained exklusviely in these areas: Iron and gold in Cimmeria, Oak in Khitai, Leather in Stygia etc. So iron and gold will be cheaper in Cimmeria and more expensive in the other cities, as you will have to bring them by travel there. This system seems to work in EVE online. This would give live to the "Trade" chatchanell too, (which seems to be abandoned and only used by me): "What costs Feather of Ibis in Khemi?".

But unfortunately this will never come to life, as Funcom gave out those travelling merchants by token - which is a great idea, of course!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Several other strategies are asking the traders to value their goods and increase the price, sell only one item at the lowest price, buying all the cheapest items to resell them, and compete in prices by lowering the price only by one tin.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    and that´s even after the mini revamp in 2009(?), there used to be much more resources at launch.. icy crocodile tears anyone?
    Right sure!
    I found a list with 234(!) materials from 2009, not included are the 50 resources you can buy now at the trader in your guildcity (or gathering zone cities). I don´t know whether these already existed in 2009 because I started crafting some months later when the list was reduced.

[Stromberg]

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112