Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Default Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Before all the info will be lost, i will try to summarize and repost some ideas/suggestions/concerns/infos concerning a potential crafting revamp and the actual incoming one.

Feel free to add things i left out or forgot, but please post here only quotes from the old forums.

I quoted rather raw, left out some troll and flame and offtopic posts and used a search about "crafting" as basis and then went through the threads in order.

There are also many posts about crafting in the german section i left out here.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th June 2013 at 15:05.

Old 21st February 2013, 13:07
    #42 Vehl

Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    and the solution could be maybe so trivial and FC has already used it before.. just as with the current PvP gear, make some part of the stats budget work only in some aspect of the game (PvP/PvE)

PvP gear as we know it:
    xx% stats for both PvP and PvE + yy% stats for PvP only

"new shiny raid gear":
    xx% stats for both PvE and PvP + yy% stats for PvE only
    Yes what's important is to have an overall balance. With raid gear being good in PvE, decent in PvP and something similar the other way round.
    I really hope crafting revamp will allow something like that.

From old suggestion thread:

11th December 2011, 13:28
    #26 kana86

[Guild]
    I hope that with crafting revamp of the update 4.0, are also modified the crafting buildings in the guild city, with the addition of tools usable as forges, anvils, work tables, etc.

[Crafting]
    - I hope that the professions are divided in the best way type:
    tailoring: for cloth and healer light armor
    leatherworking: for barbarian light and medium armor
    armormsith: for heavy and plate armor, including shield
    alchemy: for potion (add many types of potions)
    cooking: for buff food and drink
    gemcutting or jewelcrafting: for gem and jewel (ring and necklace)
    - I hope that the professions of architect, skinning and weaver, will be most useful
    - I hope to be added to the professions of herbalism to collect herbs, plants and fruits to use for cooking and alchemy

4th January 2012, 16:22
    #56 kana86

[CRAFTING SUGGESTION FOR UPDATE 4.0]

- add herb-profession (herbalist? herbalism?), to gather herbs, plants, flowers, mushrooms to be used for alchemy
    (Cotton, being a plant, will be collected from those who have this profession)

- Who will have the skinning profession, will have a greater chance of finding skin inside the carcasses of animals, and can work hides for fine leathers.

- to you, which you can work the skins (especially at high levels) using a static tool, Such as tannery-rack

- ensure that the weaver can collect the wool from the sheep

- Weaver will have a greater chance of finding silk and other tissues from corpses, and may process the raw fabrics, using a special weaver-rack

- divide the armorsmith profession in more specializations as:
    Tailor for cloth armor and lith armor for healer (tos/pom)
    Leatherworker for light armor for barb and medium armor
    Blacksmith for heavy armor, plate armor and shield
    (using forge, anvil and workbench for these professions)

- add jewellery profession to make gem (such as gemcutting now), rings and necklace
    (add critigation gem and remove useless gem)

- make the architect profession more useful and profitable
    if it is not possible, merged architect with weaponsimth, doing the carpenter

- alchemist should be able to make a greater variety of potions, and more: mana, stamina and health potions

- would be nice to have the profession of fishing to catch fish, you can cook like buff-food

- to ensure that professions, at least at high levels require the use of static tools such as forge, anvil, workbench, alchemy table, and so (is very ugly and unreal to create a sword in the grass without even a fire)

MINOR SUGGESTION:

- add more recipes, especially for purple items
    - improve the crafting menu, which is currently not practical
    - add more quests and vendors to get recipes (not only the architect)
    - add recipe also social, to create social dresses, social weapons, and other

Sorry for my bad english

Old 16th January 2012, 14:50
    #62 ArcaneScientius

Question Crafting revamp suggestion:
    Crafting revamp suggestion:

* Possibly make collection of alchemy ingredients possible by harvesting in resource fields.
    * Crafting quests: make some parts collectable only through a quest series, or that crafting a Stygian weapon must take place in Stygia forge, or something like that.
    * Possibly make weapons stats more customisable, e.g. collect hilt that gives +10 hate increase from a Noble district villa quest, small bonus increases for those willing to do crafting quests. Means unique and customisable weapons. Not everyone's weapons will be the same.
    * Make it possible to gather bits of weapons from defeated bosses, e.g. hilt from Atzel, blade from Mensudjin, etc. Possibly for an epic weapon. Make drops more certain, or link to quests so drops when doing crafting quest series.

Not sure how viable above options are, but I think that I want to have more certainty of progressing through crafting, even if it takes a bit more time.

Old 5th November 2012, 09:01
    #161 Scythie
    Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I was wondering, how do sins, demos etc get T2 crafted weapons? Does it have to be a tank, and a pretty damn good one, that does the crafting? If so then imo that's unbalanced and unfair on those who don't have a decent tank. All classes should have the same access to crafting Tier weapons.
    T2 crafting is Ibis swords only. I dunno why but that's how it is. But things might look different after the mythical crafting revamp anyway.

Old 2nd March 2013, 14:11
    #222 Manilavanilla

Please when the crafting revamp is done, create a KICKASS promotion trailer highlighting ALL features of the game !

Show guild city building, show minimaps, show sieges, show horse riding, show crafting, show gathering and the best areas.

I was looking for something like a bullet point feature video and found NOTHING, only outdated low res stuff from 2008.

From the "some ideas for the new team" thread:

20th February 2013, 17:21
    #5 noite80

crafting:
    crafting material should drop from raid bosses so veterans have interest in attending all tiers of raiding.
    new nodes for crafting new houses in guild cities should be introduced as well as amenities for house in item shop and craftable
    also allow your pets and to reside there untill you summon then

Old 20th February 2013, 18:26
    #7 cins

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen but:
    Gather all of the new devs (maybe even old ones too) and make them play the game for a few days. Make the guys responsible for pvp to join minigames all day with different classes and item levels (preferably in random groups on live servers like actual players do).
    Also make the guys responsible for pve play everything from Atzel to Districts (I'm %100 certain you don't have 24 pve devs to legitimately do a raid by yourselves, so make pve devs play at least the dungeons).

You probably shouldn't make them play 1-80 or have them repeat dungeons/minigames for tokens as real players do, but they must at least have first hand experience of what AoC is actually like.

Crafting is getting junked so no need to make crafting devs mess with the current bullcrap, and your artists are the best so they have no need to spend days wandering everywhere and looking at scenery and monsters. But the guys responsible for gameplay must be at least passingly familiar with what a real player experiences when logging into AoC.

Now you might actually be doing that already, but we have no proof that you do and frankly we don't trust your word much. So give us proof: stream it. Show us the pvp devs (I assume you have a few) wearing quest greens from leveling getting pwned by actual players on live servers, followed by them pwning the same players when decked in full pvp gear. Show us how many times your new pve designers (who'll be making more content for hardcore pve vets) will wipe in Atzel. I'm not saying stream stuff 8 hours a day, but there's trillions of people who make gaming videos on youtube, an actual computer game company should be able to produce some nice gameplay footage with relevant commentary.

Then again, this looks like something a marketing department should've been doing all along and I'm pretty convinced that FC does not understand the concept of marketing.

From "make pvp weapons the same power as..." thread:

Old 12th February 2013, 13:32
    #3 Sarcopthes

It should be done long time ago.

PVP crafting maybe will give us better weapons, but pvp 10 weapon definately should be on pair with top pve weapon (pvp wise), and start introducing pve stats only for next raid tiers plz if you dont want to give us pvp content with better rewards that often.
    I only hope they will limit somehow materials drop rate after killing same player few times and that the most powerful weapon will not need to combine pve materials and pvp materials. It would be really stupid idea to force ppl to play content which they dont like to.

Old 12th February 2013, 15:14
    #4 ViolentLeonidas

I have no idea how pvp crafting will work but i do hope mini game dont turn into loot chest grind
    also world pvp population! well thats gonna be one epic grind for a pvp weapon

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast