Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What can help pvp

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    the main problem with t4 PvE gear is that is gives too much damage increase and survibiltiy compaired to t3 PvP. They need to release T4 PvP gear that is on par with T4 PvE.
    nah no more gear grind, it will just increase gap between vets and new players

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    the main problem with t4 PvE gear is that is gives too much damage increase and survibiltiy compaired to t3 PvP. They need to release T4 PvP gear that is on par with T4 PvE.
    that is not accurate at all.
    correct version is pvp gear is crap and needs to be re-evaluated for all classes from soldiers having too much protection and not enough dps, along side healers, and mages having no worthwhile dps stats at all, somewhat similarly rogues share same issues as mages in pvp armor department.

and pvp weapons except shields are utter crap. and reality is t3 crafted pve weapons are best pvp weapons along side t4 weapons.

so plz funcom wake up and revamp all t2&t3 pvp weapons and pvp armors.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    that is not accurate at all.
    correct version is pvp gear is crap and needs to be re-evaluated for all classes from soldiers having too much protection and not enough dps, along side healers, and mages having no worthwhile dps stats at all, somewhat similarly rogues share same issues as mages in pvp armor department.

and pvp weapons except shields are utter crap. and reality is t3 crafted pve weapons are best pvp weapons along side t4 weapons.

so plz funcom wake up and revamp all t2&t3 pvp weapons and pvp armors.
    Mages do just fine in pvp gear in fact all range classes do just fine and have it so easy CLICK TARGET CLICK DAMAGE
    I logged a alt range class of mine in pvp5 gear and wow so very easy to play go alot of kills to ( i always play melee )

Most of the problem is geting whacked with crafted or T4 weapons plus accessories

But the bigger problem is range classes have it soooo easy CLICK TARGET CLICK DPS run bunny jump kite (and now with the server lag even more so)

No melee toon will get more kills than a range class (same skill same gear)

If all melee toons was in pvp gear and all range toons in pvp gear (same skill lvl and AA lvl) The range class would get more kills

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Mages do just fine in pvp gear in fact all range classes do just fine and have it so easy CLICK TARGET CLICK DAMAGE
    I logged a alt range class of mine in pvp5 gear and wow so very easy to play go alot of kills to ( i always play melee )

Most of the problem is geting whacked with crafted or T4 weapons plus accessories

But the bigger problem is range classes have it soooo easy CLICK TARGET CLICK DPS run bunny jump kite (and now with the server lag even more so)

No melee toon will get more kills than a range class (same skill same gear)

If all melee toons was in pvp gear and all range toons in pvp gear (same skill lvl and AA lvl) The range class would get more kills
    i think your talking about a ranger or maybe demo with instant casts.
    necro's dps for example in pvp gear is ridiculously low; pages and pages of about it on old forum and lots of people left game.
    pvp armor is so bad for necro/demo it feels my dps is tickling soldiers/healers using pvp armor as well, forget balance if current pvp armors are forced on all.

in the state of current day minigames where everyone is running around headless a demo or ranger can score realy high k/d by staying as far as possible from fight and targeting lowest pvp lvl or squichiest target.
    any game where actual balance exists mages get nice kills and a lot of death's too go along with it.
    although most commonly in pugs there are 2-3 rangers in oposite team to farm clothies of all shapes and sizes.

given you just play melee characters, and show no knowledge of this and describe playing ranged characters in such a fashion wich is an attempt at demeaning players who prefer to play ranged characters i see no value whatsoever in those lines you wrote.

overall mages only get more kills when nabs in minis are all focusing the ever more abundant immortal conq rerollers.

its a bit sad to see the death of pvp in aoc so emminent due to lack of content and "pvp'ers" pass more time trying to insult one another as if that accomplishs anything instead of standing together asking for some actual new pvp content.

its evident to anyone playing this game that there is no pvp content, its why pvp servers are dying.

from third party program users, know exploit abusers, wich dont get banned or warned and the mention of any system abuse isntead of getting fixed by fc or shunned by players, it just gets further encouraged by active players to keep abusing, from guild officers not sanctioning players who deliberatly exploit geometry in minigames to combo jump exploit abusers, that alone serves to further debase aoc pvp experience to pure excrement.

but that is nothing given only a very low % of players actualy do that, although they mere tolerance they are granted by guild members and aoc staff is enough to convince anyone to just quit.

where is open world pvp content?
    where are arenas?
    where are weekly leaderboards?
    where is the total removal of bori?
    where is the class revamps?
    where is guild pvp content?
    where is a revamp to sieges?

funcom's reply:
    FU your getting more pve content and maybe yet another stupid minigame where you cant play team based pvp content with more people you must be solo joining.

forum pvp poster's reply:
    FU you play classes i dont like because you get more kills then me.

so how about something new...
    ask as a unite front of paying customers for new pvp content, especialy arenas and world pvp content; and a fix to pvp gear so its not so unbalanced for healers/soldiers and low crappy for mages/rogues along side making pvp weapons good for pvp wich they arent

funcom still doesnt believe that pvp content can turn this game around, its not surprising given most "pvp" posters have such a need to say "i'm better so stfu"

wake up!!!!

stop posting like that, and start just asking directly for pvp content.

pvp content you can play with your friends; against those you dearly hate.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

what can help pvp?

1) Nerf stupid abilities for pvp,like waves of fail,tts etc....
    2) Make soldiers killable and not immortals like they are now by nerfing their survivability in pvp gear.
    3) Ban exploiters and third party programms users.
    5) Balance the pvp gear to be the best for pvp.
    6) Give some new pvp content from time to time.
    7) let us sign with at least one friend so we arent forced to play with all the headlesse chickens that are hunting that poor f2p guy with no gear,to justify their ego with an awesome kd score.
    8)Reduce the cd of minigame quests to 2 hours and for the end
    9)Greatly increase the xp and aa xp gain from all the pvp activities.

btw dont get me wrong but all the classes balance suggestions need to be made so they dont affect pve at all because good changes in pvp can screw pve.
    Last edited by zeuss; 31st July 2013 at 10:17.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    what can help pvp?

2) Make soldiers killable and not immortals like they are now.
    7) let us sign with at least one friend so we arent forced to play with all the headlesse chickens that are hunting that poor f2p guy with no gear,to justify their ego with an awesome kd score.
    8)Reduce the cd of minigame quests to 2 hours and for the end.
    +1 to all this.

I insist on the point 2.
    There is alot of QQ about mages / rangers.
    These classes got hated the most because they get most kills (especially wuth high DPS gear like T4) and people rages when gets killed repeatedly, simply as that.
    Anyway soldiers are by far most OP classes at the moment in game for PvP.
    At least protection on soldier sets needs an evident nerf.

About point 1 I quite agree, but just one consideration: you are highly overrating Waves of Fail.
    Most of good demos agree that WoF use in PvP should be really limited.
    Good demos in PvP are those who nuke and can't be mostly even seen (not like me, who tend to suicide ).
    Wave of Fails has melee range and most times the one who fails using it in PvP is the demo itself, so it's not really a PvP tool.
    Anyway yes, it nukes hard, so if Funcom can find a way to nerf it in PvP not nerfing PvE damage it would be ok. But a good group / player should not have big problems with demo using WoF imo.
    A clothie or pom/tos who dies because catched 1 vs 1 by kb/wof while dressing pve dps gear with no prot it's not about wof beeing op.
    Last edited by Calore; 31st July 2013 at 09:57.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

what can help pvp?

2) Make soldiers killable and not immortals like they are now.
    8)Reduce the cd of minigame quests to 2 hours and for the end.
    I vote for you to be new game director
    This is really what is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    +1 to all this.
    About point 1 I quite agree, but just one consideration: you are highly overrating Waves of Fail.
    Sorry Korando but I have already expressed my opinion about waves of flame and imo it needs serious nerf in pvp,when you can almost instant knockback a whole group bunched up together and get them to 20-30% of their health before they even get up thats not balance at all.

Sorry Korando but I have already expressed my opinion about waves of flame and imo it needs serious nerf in pvp,when you can almost instant knockback a whole group bunched up together and get them to 20-30% of their health before they even get up thats not balance at all.
    Ok. I respect other opinions and I just expressed mine. I don't really want to start a WoF discussion.
    As I said I agree almost completely with your post.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    There is alot of QQ about mages / rangers.
    These classes got hated the most because they get most kills
    exclude hoxes from that because they are highly depedant of a good team to shine.

necros get hated because they have a 42 second dot wich a lot of people abuse by using lame gameplay of avoiding combat dotting and sw to do as much damage as possible so they get kill credit even if they didnt realy contribute to anyone's death.
    efectively a lot of players are still doing that and then come post screens of high kd in minigames wich were obtained by abusing this lame dot; all other complains about necro dots are ill founded and just stupid people trying to lobby for unjustified nerfs.

demos get hate because its only range class wich can eficiently deal damage while moving, it does it by great amounts and has all its cc's working properly and has speed buff extra cc resistence, and very much working semi bubble, and the most retarded spell possible wich on a full t4 demo can eficiently drop a soldier below half health on one cast and kill everyone else in the instant cast kb demos also have.
    anyone claiming waves of flame doesnt need to vanish isnt interested in balancing anything in pvp: further more the gameplay of spamming this one spell is even further degrading to an already boring class.

ranger class received the most retarded revamp any class has ever received it went from being a very enjoyable combo based class wich you could choose to play with bow or crossbow and they were distinct to the dullest and most overpowerd class there is in age of conan, there is nothing to defend in ranger class everything about it is bad.
    horrible gameplay totaly unbalanced abilities and aa's, and most horrible of all i dont believe it will ever change taking the shot, so full t4 rangers are happily spamming fire atack+pen shot+taking the shot, and running away getting in hide as soon as they are touched.

break down:
    necro has stupid 42 secs dot flesh to worms
    demo has insain waves of flame
    ranger is pure crap retarded op

necro needs total revamp
    demo needs very justified nerfs and tweaks to make some end feats viable
    ranger needs total revamp
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast