Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Necro dot

As far as I can tell based on the OP the complaint is that once a necro dot is placed on you it will continue to interrupt you from capping a flag point or picking up the flag in mini games.

That being said and the case, why not place a line of sight check on the interrupt of all dots, if the necro can't see you then the dot doesn't interrupt, problem solved without effecting the necro spells. Am I missing something or is this actually a change that works for all parties as it doesn't lessen the necros strengths but also doesn't place a penalty onto anyone other than taking dot damage. Plus if the necro can see you then you are being direct cast on or can be, but why penalize a class by only thinking of a penalty solution to the problem?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13th June 2013 at 04:18.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    As far as I can tell based on the OP the complaint is that once a necro dot is placed on you it will continue to interrupt you from capping a flag point or picking up the flag in mini games.

That being said and the case, why not place a line of sight check on the interrupt of all dots, if the necro can't see you then the dot doesn't interrupt, problem solved without effecting the necro spells. Am I missing something or is this actually a change that works for all parties as it doesn't lessen the necros strengths but also doesn't place a penalty onto anyone other than taking dot damage. Plus if the necro can see you then you are being direct cast on or can be, but why penalize a class by only thinking of a penalty solution to the problem?
    whole necromancer class needs revamp and not being able to cap has solution wich i posted multiple times how to do it.
    but i guess its pointless people will cry and people will continue to hit conqs with over come the odds and cry about necro dots
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    That being said and the case, why not place a line of sight check on the interrupt of all dots, if the necro can't see you then the dot doesn't interrupt, problem solved without effecting the necro spells.
    That's not the correct solution really; if you have a dot on you, it shouldn't matter whether the player can see you or not. They got the cast off, it's on you, deal with it.

If the DURATION of the dots is the issue, then reduce the duration and increase the tick damage to account for it (within reason and giving consideration to a typical DPS rotation where the dot timers may synergize better or worse after the changes).

Worms needs to go for longer, 40sec is not enough. I think its stupid that you have to cast it more then once a mini. It should last till the target is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    Worms needs to go for longer, 40sec is not enough. I think its stupid that you have to cast it more then once a mini. It should last till the target is dead.
    icwatudidthar

its funny to see mostly conqs complaining.

yeah thats happen when you cant achieve class balance and the nubs are always on the fotm classes. they are still bad though they start crying about classes which they actually could kill easiely. you dont stand much chances against a conq as anecro if he isnt a full retard. brute or dw doesnt matter. its not healthy to dot them and pestilant cant be casted if the conq has only a little feeling for timing its ccs. so the only mean thing necros can do to conqs is stopping them from capping and coming out of fight and even for this necros sacrafice their hp.

i dont think i am that bad with a necro. but in my opinion with same aa and same gear both variants of conq have a hugh advantage over necro. i would pick a fight against a sin over a conq at any time. brute conq maybe isnt that fast (dw is) like a sin but sins dont have reflect damage, the range is shorter and they have only one cc which is hard to counter.

again: the ops problem cant be only with dots stopping him from capping. there are other solutions to solve this problem but he still insists of nerfing the necro. Dot removing on death is a HUGE nerf to this class. revamping it to lower the duration and increase the damage isnt the same! stopping the enemie from capping and regging is a tactical use of the dots. the same ppl will still cry when lowering the duration by 50% of necro dots but increasing damage AND! healing for 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    its funny to see mostly conqs complaining.

yeah thats happen when you cant achieve class balance and the nubs are always on the fotm classes. they are still bad though they start crying about classes which they actually could kill easiely. you dont stand much chances against a conq as anecro if he isnt a full retard. brute or dw doesnt matter. its not healthy to dot them and pestilant cant be casted if the conq has only a little feeling for timing its ccs. so the only mean thing necros can do to conqs is stopping them from capping and coming out of fight and even for this necros sacrafice their hp.

i dont think i am that bad with a necro. but in my opinion with same aa and same gear both variants of conq have a hugh advantage over necro. i would pick a fight against a sin over a conq at any time. brute conq maybe isnt that fast (dw is) like a sin but sins dont have reflect damage, the range is shorter and they have only one cc which is hard to counter.

again: the ops problem cant be only with dots stopping him from capping. there are other solutions to solve this problem but he still insists of nerfing the necro. Dot removing on death is a HUGE nerf to this class. revamping it to lower the duration and increase the damage isnt the same! stopping the enemie from capping and regging is a tactical use of the dots. the same ppl will still cry when lowering the duration by 50% of necro dots but increasing damage AND! healing for 50%.
    Yes the other solution :

1 >> Invul

2 >> Call another guys

Well don't seem nice to me.

I never ask a nerf to the necro i want a solution for cap without use an invul, some don't have invul, and when you are on cooldown, you can't cap for at last 30 second, the time count in a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    I never ask a nerf to the necro i want a solution for cap without use an invul, some don't have invul, and when you are on cooldown, you can't cap for at last 30 second, the time count in a mini.
    That's part of the game though man. This class is intended to delay you from being able to do particular actions, like capping. There's nothing wrong with preventing the other side from winning ... that's what it's all about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    That's part of the game though man. This class is intended to delay you from being able to do particular actions, like capping. There's nothing wrong with preventing the other side from winning ... that's what it's all about right?
    Bah only this class can do it to you, and 30 second is enough for the necro to come back dot you and repeat forever, i am sure that will count in the victory.

Maybe put a CD on dot, make the dot hit harder every second for 6 secondd or something to be equal in damage, but less the time of the duration.

Me i am open to all solution, but i can't use an invul everytime i have two dot on me.

FOTM bubble class complaining about DoTs (when it´s the burst dmg that matters in AoC PvP); but this one made me laugh, really
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Sorry i don't use an invul because of a dot, this look realy insane to tell me do this btw o_O
    "omg, I must use one of my bubbles to not get damage, how come?!"

PS: I could bring multiple arguments to the discussion, but I guess they´ve all been already used (ty noite) in this 7 pages long topic (just in 1 day, whoa), same as in the other bazilion of similar "omg, dots!" topics either on the new, old or TL forums

mkaaaay, next one, please..
    Last edited by Argantes; 13th June 2013 at 09:29.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast