Thread: New crafting - still 20th harvest, 40th for crafting?

Default New crafting - still 20th harvest, 40th for crafting?

So I have recently returned to the game. Only played previously for a couple weeks, so no experience with the old crafting system.

I guess a new crafting system is coming out.
    Anyone know if the level requirements are more open.
    I'd like my 6th level ToS to make some low level gear for himself.

Mal

With the new system you can start crafting at 20, and you can make epic lvl 20 gear if you want to. Just have to refine the resources into epic quality if I understand the system correctly.

cool thanks Paulson.
    40 seemed way to high to me. 20 is better.

Mal

Crafting is crap. That's why they're scrapping it completely. Only useful things that can come out of current crafting system is the highest end weapons for raider guilds. Plus it's a boring and unfun waste of time, unlike the fun and exciting wastes of time you could be having in the game.

Gathering is also useless by association but the stuff you collect today may or may not become useful once new system actually starts. Nobody knows much about this part.

If you're insistent on spending your life on unfun grinding, crafting starts at 40 and gathering at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Crafting is crap. That's why they're scrapping it completely. Only useful things that can come out of current crafting system is the highest end weapons for raider guilds. Plus it's a boring and unfun waste of time, unlike the fun and exciting wastes of time you could be having in the game.

Gathering is also useless by association but the stuff you collect today may or may not become useful once new system actually starts. Nobody knows much about this part.

If you're insistent on spending your life on unfun grinding, crafting starts at 40 and gathering at 20.
    Great advice Cins! I rarely am into crafting in games because it just sucks up time away from the actual game.
    So if crafting in AoC is time consuming, then its not for me.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Great advice Cins! I rarely am into crafting in games because it just sucks up time away from the actual game.
    So if crafting in AoC is time consuming, then its not for me.

Mal
    The only crafts that aren't time consuming are gemcutting and alchemy. Which can be completely maxed in 20 minutes or less, depending on materials.

Crafting is supposed to be the pinnacle of item's, or the gap filler between raid pieces etc. It's also a device to get people to run back through older area's farming (not FC's version of farming whereby they seem to have taken it a little to literally) which also benefits players of a similar grade to the area which was how it used to work on other games for me, anyway.

Crafting is blatantly malnourished in Conan, obviously, but hopefully it does have a relevant place in the coming revamp and the crafted item's can scale based on complexity and resources whch subsequently introduce's challenges to content, existing, or no.

I hijack (sorry Malleable60) this thread about the new crafting that we, hopefully, will see some time in that not very, very distant future. But has there been any word wheter the crafting encounters in TAS and BRC will remain as is, changed or removed completely?
    Been trying to find infomation but it seems that my googling skills are on the same level as my guardian skills (non-existant).

Noticed that Slith wrote this on his blog and that got me wondering if the crafting encounters would vanish.

Post crafting revamp you won't be able to craft this dagger, but every crafted weapon will stay in game and become a legacy item with both sentimental value and great stats.
    Last edited by Maark; 11th June 2013 at 09:28.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    I hijack (sorry Malleable60) this thread about the new crafting that we, hopefully, will see some time in that not very, very distant future. But has there been any word wheter the crafting encounters in TAS and BRC will remain as is, changed or removed completely?
    Been trying to find infomation but it seems that my googling skills are on the same level as my guardian skills (non-existant).

Noticed that Slith wrote this on his blog and that got me wondering if the crafting encounters would vanish.
    Since I got called on it here is the source

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...9&postcount=19

"In terms of items, as mentioned yesterday, the items themselves will still be there. Anything that was made prior to the changes will still be there.

You just won't be able to make them again after the changes.

Those items will in effect become legacy items that were created by the old system. They will continue to exist, people just won't be able to make new ones."

Oh, and thanks for reading the blog /hugz
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

Frankly, I was able to upgrade my armor and weapons at level 40 substantially.