Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General feel about spawnkraken

Even if...it is a lot difference to get one armor on one char that is charbound from content you can do at your own pace and leisure on ALL chars with a reward you can choose, like other events. But well, loot is loot and congrats to the winners...

Remove the epic rewards and you can sure make it permanent....what...you will not do it at all if there is not free epics? oh, Guess you dont really want the content then...
    I am Stian ingame...

Geee, i even fought waves and waves of darfari warriors without any reward but obsidian eggs, just for the sake of it!

Idea of world boss is good but please dont introduce it as a pvp content

Quote Originally Posted by Patrynn View Post
    The events are fine.

There's lag (gee, really? 100+ people in a confined space all casting and emoting etc.), the loot is a little underwhelming (random is fine, but the time invested to actually kill these buggers - waiting for hours, sometimes - needs to work into the reward calculation a little more realistically), but there's also SOMETHING DIFFERENT, SOMETHING NEW, to get you past the mindless faction/item grind. Embrace it... don't be all pouty because someone else got a shiny and you got yet another Coolrunnin potion lol.

This whole event is new content... not a personalized piñata for you.
    That's precisely the point. This is new content, and pretty casual one at that. Sure some hypergrinders will regard anything that doesn't award them tokens as a waste of time. But AoC has enough content for these people already. For those who don't have the time to hunt gear like crazy, or who prefer to do stuff on their own, this is not a bad idea at all.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I would say make it permanent but reduce spawns times by a lot. Make the boss show up maybe 2 or 3 times a week, usually around prime-time and stay up until Killed, without ever despawning. But just one of the 5 bosses. I wouldn't want to see this being loot pinatas that people are grinding like they are for the event. But rather just something fun to do.
    Last edited by tapwater; 25th May 2013 at 21:47.

I have really REALLY enjoyed chasing one baddie down to the next with a fleet of AoC'ers. I think this could be a very welcome addition to the game. I'm not sure if it necessarily needs to be permanent but maybe one weekend a month? With all sorts of cool events... I really think they could spice up the world this way.

I am pleased as punch as I asked for events like this so I feel like I was listened to, . The random boss out of natural habitat events are fun except for the lag and the waiting. I would like it if this continues though on a more occasional and random level in all parts of the world.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

It would be good to have even one or two a week with an on-screen text message about 'a sighting'

I feel this is good stuff.

If this boss thing gets implemented as feature that be great, just at a much lower frequency ofc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12