Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to gather before the Crafting Revamp?

lol sarcasm. Like if it was our forum pal or something ? We wait this upadte (and pay) for more than a year.
    All we have is a video that looks amateurish as possible with so few infos in it.

Well, I like this attitude.
    Even if I pay for it, it is a game and in games I don´t like serious businessmen who are always slippery with his words.

Don´t forget: It was a thing between Joel and Slith! I won´t blame him for that.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

I suspect all current crafting resources and recipies will get flat *poofed* and even the most veteran tradeskiller will start with no more advantage than chars fresh off Tortage, so there is no benefit to hoarding any resources. They have said skills will be grown thru actual crafting. Resources found in places like the city instances will be removed and they were looking for other things to do in those zones now (aside from actual guild cities). Joel should really clear this up in his October monthly letter so ppl aren't throwing money away on stuff that will disappear the day the tradeskill revamp patch appears.

EDIT: Joel just popped off the 'September' Monthly letter with some comments:

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...september_2013

"...In regards to common community questions regarding the Tradeskill system, many people are concerned that resources they have saved up might become useless. We will provide, at the very least, a way to trade old resources for equivalent new resources.

In order to accommodate the additional demands on items, we are also looking at additional ways to expand player inventories and bank space!..."
    Last edited by burmese; 30th September 2013 at 16:42.

So what do I get from this 'newsletter'!?

A recipe system will still be in, most likely according the the 'design' system mentioned in the video.

All existing items they keep, will be decomposable.

Gems/resources will still be in, but will new ones I think -according to the impression back in the video. Will be interesting to see the actual conversion rates they give us.

Rolling criticals WILL be in, making crafting a grind of gathering / crafting / decomposing / wasting amount(s) all that are not crit rolled -as those will be as good as totally unsellable. I thought they learned by now, from the old crafted / Kitai issue -that players are into gear due to micromanagment of toons.

Why on earth they insist on this Crit system is beyond my understanding...

-oh well, happy farming and crafting guys

I really like the crit system from other games. there the non crit versions werent useless, they where much cheaper but the majority bought them instead of the crits because they were to expensive. its like now, some fey buy t3 craft, most ppl use cheaper versions because they dont have the money.

the same will happen with crit and non crit craft items.

What else do you get from the letter? you can make items with stats you like as joel mentions that you can make items perfekt for special encounter. sounds that you can choose the stats by choosing the jewls and/or the crafting mats.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 1st October 2013 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    you can make items with stats you like as joel mentions that you can make items perfekt for special encounter. sounds that you can choose the stats by choosing the jewls and/or the crafting mats.
    Yep, this sorta slipped out allready in that video.
    If you have a item with (n) slots, you most likely will be able to finetune that item againts for example 'magic damage', or 'blood tanking', 'evade tanking', 'critting', 'steady dps', etc.

This could be the thing that again make player crafter worth the effort, if not limited by some narow system .
    (or let loose without limitations, thus breaking the game)

When will this new system be implemented?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123