Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nudity/Fatalities with US/EU servers?

Quote Originally Posted by irishterion View Post
    there is no nipples on us server ?
    They're still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    And it is client dependant. So it is possible for example to install an uk uncensored version in germany and play with both nudity and fatalities. Would be nice if they changed the stupid lower parts underwear for some more classical censorship (leaves, blurred zones, even black bar would be better!). Then at least a char would look decent from the side and back...
    male chars look like they are wearing a dipper

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    I believe some fatalities are censored for German players, but otherwise there is full nudity and gore in the EU version of the game. It is all client-side so there should be no change whatsoever.
    I had the German cut version without fatalities but they removed it when Unchained came out or something.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

since unchained the germans got all fatalities too, before they could just threw a "foreign" key in there to get them too ^^

Actually I would expect censorship from the US side. All that "lets not offend anyone" attitude is more of a US issue. EU people mostly dont give a f***.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    All that "lets not offend anyone" attitude is more of a US issue.
    Ever watch Fox News?

In any case, Germany has always been rather strict in censoring entertainment products, for the sake of protecting their youth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_Smashed_Face

I wonder whether they also have to cut that song out of Ace Ventura when it's showing on German TV
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Funny enough you could buy the "butchered at birth" album with uncensored cover in the 90s (at least as LP)...but that obviously changed.

The worst censure i've seen in AoC is the Yaremka castration. Poor bloke.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

wonder why he tends to enrage so often??
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    My mistake, not "full nudity" but nipples. We still get the incredibly exciting and fantastic painted-on thong.
    I hardly consider nipples 'nudity'. It's something we see if you take a few steps outside onto the beach, or walk by a park if a mother is breastfeeding a child. Or even if you walk into certain dance clubs - and this is all from the 'conservative' US.

"Full nudity" is removal of paint thong and diaper. I'd be happy if they simply had the artists improve the look. It's cringe-worthy.

I'd say the diaper is even worse than the paint thong. Every male looks castrated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast