Thread: Option - Convert items to 'social' status

Default Option - Convert items to 'social' status

Just had a brain fart and came up with the idea of turning existing items in to social items. Statistically they would then become useless but, hey, let everyone wear whatever the bloody hell they want! And would work easily enough for the new system to, I guess.

Edit: Clarified what specifically I was talking about =P
    Last edited by stiiixy; 30th April 2013 at 08:47.

I had a similar idea. I would totaly farm for runes (or call it whatever you want) that could turn an armor or weapon into "skin" for new crafting. Even if its one item for one skin, and then i have to go farm more to learn full xiba set as skin
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

I had a similar idea too. Mine involves a UI similar to that in TSW for Vanity gear. You basically just have a large list of available gear options with a preview. You can then take any existing piece of gear in the game, and convert it to vanity. The item disappears and shows up in your Vanity UI list to be used only as vanity. This saves on inventory clutter, as well as giving us the option of having much greater flexibility as to how we want our characters to look.

lets wait for the crafting revamp and maybe they will make this available along side, since already exists in TSW, and also put it in the suggestions thread

Would be nice to have a load-out option for gear too, pre-configured for particular instances. It, like the feat switcher, would have a cool-down option, too so none of that quick swap poopy in combat.

Edit: Again, cleaned up my Ingrish. Soooo bad.
    Last edited by stiiixy; 3rd May 2013 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I had a similar idea too. Mine involves a UI similar to that in TSW for Vanity gear. You basically just have a large list of available gear options with a preview. You can then take any existing piece of gear in the game, and convert it to vanity. The item disappears and shows up in your Vanity UI list to be used only as vanity. This saves on inventory clutter, as well as giving us the option of having much greater flexibility as to how we want our characters to look.
    I never got to play TSW because I got kinda hooked on AoC. I was really enjoying AO as well, prior to AoC. And I liked the little AoC-load screen picture's on PC displays in the LAN room in the TWS beta (I didn't like being trapped in the noob-combat room though with no way out, though!)

C'mon crafting, damnit. And make it affect some gameplay! Farming raids/6mans/bori for tokens OVER gear is not really very fun unless there's an alternative challenge to bring to the mix! (crafting items on the level of the current shard of the exiled god, for instance?)

Nor is farming wheat, but it leaves heaps of time for playing Conan.