Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any word on those set bonuses?

Default Any word on those set bonuses?

So far these interviews with Joel have been pretty silent on a thing I kind of do actually care about - set bonuses. The new Dragon Spine sets were meant to include some kind of benefit for completing the whole piece and there was some discussion that it could be added to older sets too.

I think it presents a great opportunity to balance out some lesser used, weaker sets and will get people grinding a whole lot of dungeons they don't normally do, or getting back on characters that are missing that one piece here or there, without having to design whole new dungeons/enemies/etc.

Is this coming or is it forgotten/too hard/not worthy of the time?

Funcom

It was never mentioned by anybody on the old team and it hasn't been in the "top 10" list of requested features here, so I am afraid it has flown under my radar.

I'll see how difficult it is and give you an answer about whether it is feasible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It was never mentioned by anybody on the old team and it hasn't been in the "top 10" list of requested features here, so I am afraid it has flown under my radar.

I'll see how difficult it is and give you an answer about whether it is feasible or not.
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...september_2012

Funcom

I don't mean mentioned to the playerbase, I mean mentioned to me as something that they were working on when during the transition

Wow. I always thought the Dragon's Spine loot was garbage loot because it would get better with the set bonuses. Now I know it was just flat out garbage loot. LOL!

Personally, I don't think set bonuses are all that great an idea, since the mixing and matching currently in game makes things fun for every situation.

Can you publish this "top 10" list?

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I hope the idea for the new raid being T3.5 loot was scrapped also (better than T4 or don't bother).
    I wouldn't mind another 3.5 or t4 raid, if there were a t4.5 or t5 in the pipeline. But we all know that content is going to be slow in coming from here on out, so anything less than 4.5 makes no sense.

If the new raid isn't 4.5 or higher, my interest in renewing my subscription would be signifcantly less.

Bring us T5 Joel!!!!!

T5 ? You know, for t4 they needed 2 years with a complete team.

Imagine how much time they would take for a complete t5 polished raid!
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

The haunter in the dark medium armor set seems to be missing healrating for BS and some ranger stats for rangers.

The "spine armors" need to be competitive with Khitai armor otherwise People will ignore the new Dungeons.

Older sets don't need bonuses.

I think set bonuses with the Dragonspine epics (modified to accommodate all classes - i.e., see comment above about lack of heal rating ... or ranger-specific stats) and a T4.5 raid in Palace of Cetriss makes a lot of sense. It would add something unique for higher tiers. Consequently, I don't think set bonuses would be necessary for anything else.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast