Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Blood is Thicker"

hey i has problem login to game any one has da same proble?
    iGank

You probably posted this question in the wrong forum section, but I can answer.

Server Status : Offline
    Next update:
    >Date: 13th of May, 8.00 GMT
    >DURATION 24 Hours
    >Update: Phase 1 of the Server merge

You cant log in because they are moving all servers and merging them. For more information you can read at the announcements below.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182612
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182530
    Lady Elyssa of the House Aithne
    ~ Triath of the Fearghal Clan ~
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

Is cumhacht í an eolas - Knowledge is power
    ~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-of-Sins View Post
    You probably posted this question in the wrong forum section, but I can answer.

Server Status : Offline
    Next update:
    >Date: 13th of May, 8.00 GMT
    >DURATION 24 Hours
    >Update: Phase 1 of the Server merge

You cant log in because they are moving all servers and merging them. For more information you can read at the announcements below.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182612
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182530
    ye sorry that i posted in da wrong section bud.
    just dat, i was readin your thread and help section ya!
    iGank

I will post stories from now in a non chronological order, with a little summery before so you can sort of see where in the storyline you are.

If you want to read it in a chronological order, you can browse to posting no 2 and click on the links sorted there.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...74&postcount=2

Enjoy!!!!

/Elyssa

Last edited by Angel-of-Sins; 30th June 2013 at 14:38.
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default The Road Less Traveled

Its some time after Elyssa lost Merilda, and she has only begun to getting her strength back to search for her daughter. She is on her way from Khemi and will after a stop at the Dun, try to find her friend Silvara whom she has received some alarming news about.

The Road Less Traveled

Elyssa leaned heavily against the counter and gave the Innkeeper a short nod. “A tankard of your warm glogg please...” She had travelled far and it showed. The mud was up to her knees and her mantle was torn into shreds at the lowest hem. She wiped the rainwater of her chin, but her glove left a trace of dirt in its stead. When the innkeeper came back with the steaming tankard she handed him a few coins and smiled tiredly at him. She walked off to one of the tables furthers in with the tankard in her hand and took a seat as far as possible from the nearest guest.
    A small figure approached Elyssa after a while. She, Elyssa guessed as much, bowed slightly at her when she came nearer.
    “I hope I am not intruding yes?”
    Elyssa looked down in her tankard, smelling the spices and the aroma from the wine. “It has been a long time... Has it not?”
    “Indeed. I may have news for you. About your child”
    Elyssa looked up at Teleia. “Somehow a lot of people have news about her lately....”she replied dryly.
    “Do you care to hear or not, else I have been wasting my time” Teleia answered evenly.
    Elyssa sipped her warm wine. “Don’t misunderstand me. I do appreciate it.”
    Teleia nodded and Elyssa continued. “This is not easy for me....”
    “I apologise, I do not know what it means to be able to have a child only to lose it.” Teleia bowed her head again.
    “I have news as well, but do tell me, my friend.” Elyssa gestured Teleia to begin.
    “I will start with Helshad's suspicions of what he told me. That the person taking the child said it would not be found in khemi? I believe this to be close to the truth. Someone has been asking me questions about you.”
    “They have? Who?” There was genuine surprise in Elyssas eyes.
    “A man from blackthorn.”
    “Aha...” Elyssa grinned.
    Teleia nodded again. “You may know where they are? Yes?”
    “I know little of Blackthorn itself.....I only know this... I was approached by a man in Khemi...masked beyond recognition ... He told me that a man name Balorac has Merilda. He was very specific that he expected me to act like the mother I am, doing anything possible to get her back.”
    Teleia kept her hood low over her eyes while she listened. “It is a difficult situation this yes?”
    “Of course I confronted Balorac with open cards...A more disrespectful man you have to search for...”
    “I see.” Teleia nodded in understanding and seemed to listened closely.
    Elyssa grinned. “He acted like he owned Khemi...Let just say that the meeting did not go well...” Elyssa shook her head” I also found out that Balorac is a close friend to Mister Montaya....There is a connection there I have missed. Montaya gave me a very strange offer; I thought you could shed some light over.”
    “I will listen” Teleia said.
    “He first wanted me to go back to Cimmeria and forget my child. When I refused, he turned, offering his help...to the price of Ferrons Enslavement!” Elyssa shook her head once again. “There is a connection... I just don’t see it. And I don’t understand why?
    “He wants Ferron for the child?
    “No, he said he would help me find her...”
    “Hmm” Teleia pondered.
    Elyssa shrugged. “He speaks in riddles. And he refused to answer why he wanted Ferron, of all men. Do you see a pattern in this?”
    “Perhaps he will help you find her, but that would still leave you open, meaning he would get Ferron, and your daughter. Ferron is a sly one.” Teleia smiled some. “If he is out of the way...”
    “I did not know Montaya disliked him....”
    “I think it’s a little more than that.” Teleia tapped her chin and looked almost bemused.
    “Even more?” Elyssa looked surprised, but inside herself she felt so naive. I love him, yet I know nothing about him.
    “Well think of it this way...Ferron could be an advantage to Montaya's resources; you could say a source for him, about yourself and Fearghal yes?”
    “And if Montaya has Merilda, Ferron can’t do much about it...” Elyssa filled in Teleias sentence.
    “In that way, Montaya gains power, in that way, being Balorac's little friend, Balorac in turn has power too.” Teleia spoke eagerly.
    “Ferron would be stuck, ripped of any choices. I see.” Elyssa sipped her glogg and wiped her mouth afterwards. The smudge on her chin was still there.
    “There should be a way to retrieve your daughter...without the exchange of Ferron.”
    “If I only knew here she was held nothing would stop me... “Elyssa shook her head. “Exchanging Ferron is not an option. I could just sell my soul....”
    Teleia nodded like she understood. “Perhaps I could locate her?”
    “I’m getting my belongings from the Dun.” Elyssa tried to catch Teleias eyes under the hood.” There is a little house in Old Tarantia, I will be staying there. After that I m will be heading back to Khemi.”
    Teleia looked at her with concern. “I would suggest caution.”
    “I will be travelling light.”Elyssa smiled for the first time. “You give me hope, Teleia.”
    “My lady, hope is the last thing I would want to give, in case of failure.”Teleia made a small bow with her head. “I will continue my search then. Just be certain that whatever actions I may take, it is for the good of Fearghal.”
    Elyssa had not expected Teleias word to sting. But they did. It was a short marking to her that she was not part of the clan anymore...Not in the way she had been. Maybe I’m still human... I can feel the pain. “I will.” She sighed.
    “It is...difficult sometimes.” Teleia said low, and a slight hint of sadness can be picked up in her voice.
    Elyssa put a hand on Teleias shoulder. “It is, but we are Cimmerians. We will still be here even when the world is burning. We are too stubborn....”
    Teleia looked to Elyssa from under the rim of her hood.
    “...To die....” Elyssa laughed softly and walked past Teleia, leaving her tankard on the table.
    “Perhaps...” Teleia whispers almost to herself as she watched Elyssa exiting Conarch Village Inn and walking down the slope towards her tied horses on the opposite site of market place.

20th September 2010, 11:05
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default You're always in my heart

This is a piece I wrote for Silvara and as a farewell to a wonderful character. One of the best!!

Elyssa have had her child Merilda together with Ferron, and has left the Clan Fearghal after Einsofs death.

You're always in my heart

The road though the valley was rocky and Elyssa had to be real quiet not to stumble into a Vanir scouting party. During this last year they have grown bolder and moved further down in Cimmeria, closer to Conarch valley. It had been a close call two times already. But somehow she had managed without them seeing her. Once she got closer to the waterfall and the bridge over it, she could relax. From there it was an easier journey up to the upland and the village based on the cliffs above the valley. She took her time and she reached the village she was destined to a good few hours before the twilight. She tied her horses beside a small house and went searching. They told me she would be here somewhere. Furthers out on the cliff, she found her. She was sitting watching over the valley only one man’s length from the steep rocky slope.

”They told me you were here...Where I could find you...the villagers in Conarch..” Elyssa said.
    Silvara looked up at her with foggy eyes and asked almost surprised. “Ely... is that you?”
    “It is. You had me really worrying for you.”
    “Why?” Silvaras eyes kept shifting from focus to foggy and distant, though her voice was pretty faint and tired.
    Elyssa looked over the cliff and over the dramatic landscape. “They told me you were different...” she said.
    “hmm “ Silvara had turned away from her and gazed out over the valley.
    They sat in silence for a while before Elyssa turned back to Silvara and eyed her for a long time. “How are you, my friend?” When she did not get an answerer she sat down beside Silvara, facing the gorge. She pulled down her hood and shook loose her hair in the wind.
    “I'm leaving this place, Elly.” Silvara said. Elyssa felt a sting in her heart when she heard Silvaras words.
    “There is no one left...” Silvara continued with a lower voice.
    “What do you mean there is no one left.. Your children??, Akselvee? ..” Elyssa looked shocked.
    “Akselvee... left with Lorna....And Arthan.” Silvaras voice failed. “They all went home...left me behind...”
    “Silvara, my dearest friend....tells me what happen.” She placed a hand on Silvaras shoulder, comforting her. From the villagers talk she had understand Silvara had changed, but she never thought she would find her like this. If I only can help her.
    “Zackita...dead....Ozric...gone... Grimjaw... left... then all that death in the family... I couldn't take it anymore...” Silvara spoke in a dreamy voice. “My soul was bleeding...Akselvee saw it... he tried...but... I needed my mom.”
    “You mean your mother?” Elyssa looked distressed. “Can you find her?”
    “My mother is in that cave.” She pointed in the direction of mama bear's cave. “She is my guardian, my haven.... Akselvee told me he wouldn't wait for me this time... he would take Lorna with him and try to find home...” Elyssa eyes followed the direction Silvara pointed and then she realized. Silvara wasn’t talking about the woman that bore her and gave birth to her. She was talking about her spirit guide.
    “And finding home means?” She asked the question yet she knew the answerer. Hoping it would be something different then she feared it to be.
    Silvara looked down and tears fell down her face. “I don't know ... home to me is the spirits, their world... no place here ever felt home to me... but Akselvee wanted to look for it here... So I came here with Arthan... and it was a good life ... half a life...but good... then... “She gulped and had a hard time continuing, like each word was hard to pronounce. “The fever came... and...” She looked back at the funeral pyre. She did not have to say anything more. Without any words Elyssa embraced her and held her tight. They sat like this for a while until it became easier for Silvara to continue.
    “At least Arthan went home.” Silvara looked down at the waterfall* “He is waiting there for me with Daven. I will not keep my boys waiting. I have summoned Akselvee; I hope he comes back in time...” Her voice was now nearing merely a whisper.
    “I can feel your pain, my sister in arms. They took my child from me as well....not by the greedy hands of the fever, but by others means...made up by man. I do understand how it makes a hole in your soul.”
    Silvara looked up at Elyssa in wonder.” Who? Why?”
    “I don’t know...she has not been found. She is lost and I fear she will be lost forever.” Elyssa caressed Silvaras cheeks and wiped away her tears. “Stay strong for those that are still here, my friend... Can you do that for me? Don’t give in, Silvara.”
    Silvara looked back into Elyssas eyes. “I'm not giving in.... Mother said it's time to go home... So I must follow her... The ritual is already started.”
    “You already decided...”There was pain in Elyssas voice.
    “Mother said it's time. I must obey”
    “You are bonded to each other? Is it why you must follow?”
    “mmhmmm. Mother said it's my destiny”
    “Loosing you....you have grown to be one of my closest friends here. I can’t seem to find my words...knowing I will lose you too.” Elyssa looked down in her knee and at her trembling hands.
    “She said this world is not for us anymore... but” Silvara rested her palm on Ellys head.” I'll watch over you from back home. If you ever need me...” She took off a ring and placed it in Ellys hand. “Summon me ... I'll come to you. I'll come in your dreams and guide you as best I can.”
    Elyssa closed her hand round the ring Silvara had given her. Tears dropped down on her hands while she turned her head and met Silvaras eyes.
    Silvara attempted a smile. “Don't cry for me...”
    “I will remember it, and Asura knows I will need it.” Elyssa tried to smile, showing Silvara she understood. “You have found your path, your destiny...In this I envy you...I cry because I will miss you, miss knowing you’re in this world... I’m selfish in this.
    “I am with you in your heart...as for my path... sometimes you find your path written for you... sometimes your feet lead the way... and others it's your heart that guides you....but in all those times, it's yourself you must trust to see you through. Elyssa, none of us is truly ever alone in this world... our ancestors are with us... the love of our loved ones surrounds us. Trust in the world to be your protector and the spirits to guide you through darkness and you shall not fail your own destiny.”
    “The world you are speaking of is closed to me...I did have the faith, but it left me with Miralda....” Elyssa said.
    Silvara reached for Ellys hand. “That world is open to all. And Miralda will be found... someday.”
    Elyssa shook her head. “Maybe someday....” She changed subject since it was too painful for her to continue. “When will you leave?”
    “Soon...”
    Elyssa wiped her face of the tears that don’t seem to stop falling.
    “I'm waiting for him... but mother grows impatient...and the ritual is taking its toll on me.”
    “So it’s that soon...I’m glad this will be a relief to you...that you will find peace. It’s something that is not granted often, or lightly...My heart is sad because you could not find a place in this world, but if you can find it in the next...I will remember you...Always...” Elyssa smiled.” You remember the fights we had?”
    “mhmmm. Well you could choose a wiser man that's for sure” A chuckle escaped her.
    “Can’t say anything to that, I’m afraid...he is a damn hothead.” Elyssa giggled low and collected a handful of rock-strewn in one of her hands, and watched it running through her fingers.
    “Elyssa... he is not a bad man .... Just stubborn ... and he loves his people...so stick with him, he will keep you safe.”
    “Yeah, I think I keep him...For better and worse... Sometimes more worse.” She laughed low.
    “Silvara....”
    “hmmm...”
    Elyssa held out her hand and Silvara placed hers on Elyssas. She putted her other hand on Silvara shoulder, gripping them both firmly. Her eyes were sad and it shows clearly signs of her earlier tears.
    “I am glad I found you in time... in time to say goodbye...I will be with you, always. I wish you joy and the peace you deserve...May the light guide you there and to a place where you finally can rest.” Elyssas voice was filled with emotion.
    Silvara smiled a little sad smile.”Sisters in arms... our souls have clashed in battle so many times that they are now moulded together into one...so yes, you will be with me always as I will be with you.”
    “It will be so...it is done.”
    “Call for me if you ever need me, and I will answer your call.”
    “I will call for you, when in need.”
    “As for your child... I'll look for her and send you word...”
    Elyssa nodded.
    “If she is home... I'll take her under my wing till you can join us. ”Silvara looked into her eyes and a tear trickles down her cheek.
    A loud roar is heard across the valley and they both turn towards it simultaneously. Elyssa rose quickly to her feet and looked down at Silvara. “Time?”
    Silvara stood up slowly. “Mother is calling for me... the sun is almost setting and prayers must be made to clear the way home...” When she turned back towards Elyssa her eyes was foggy again.
    “The ritual isn't yet complete...but soon it will be... I ...” her voice faltered slightly. “I just hope he makes it in time...”
    Elyssa nodded and embraced Silvara one last time, hard. “He will, or I make him.”
    Silvara turned to look at Elyssa hugging her tight.” It's been an honour, and a privilege... I'll be with you always” Hugged again and held a little before she lets go.
    “It always was, sister. Always. May the light guide you home sister. “With those words she turned and started walking to her horses.
    “May the spirits guide you well” said Silvara while she watched her friend walk away.

A few days later when it was almost twilight and the shadows had grown longer Elyssa felt a presence beside her in the meadow. She turned Nuala, but could not see anyone. Her two packing horses were restless and pulled in the reins. There was no one beside her on the rocky road as far as she could see. Just as she would encourage Nuala to move forward she was surrounded by warmth and love. It swirled around her and then it was gone. She looked down at the ring on her finger and sadness weighed her heart down.
    “You found your way home, my sister in arms.”

14th September 2010, 10:11
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default Angels falls first

Elyssa has travelled to Kehmi to search for her daughter Merilda, It is not so long after the death of Silvara. She stays with her friend Derellas, also and ex-Menfyt. This is her thoughts about all that is happening to her.

Angels falls first

The heat was almost tormenting. Only a fool would venture outside during the hot hours in Bubshur. Despite the fact she sat in the shadows, the sweet pored down Elyssas back. Her feet dug into the sand and she felt the small granules between her toes. It was irresponsible of her to sit her alone and unarmed, but she needed some time alone. To sort out all the chaotic thoughts that was whirling inside her. Nothing made any sense anymore. She did not even recognise herself. It felt like she had destroyed something beautiful and her whole body cried for redemption. She was not sure if she would forgive herself, not in this way.

Elyssa looked up and stared unseeing at the horizon. To the right of her, some lengths away, a boat anchored at the docks. From its size she estimated it was one of the ferryboats to Khemi. The slaves begun to unload its cargo driven by their masters whip.

Never the less, she thought. When times come I will redeem myself to those I have done wrong. I owe it to them. Everything will be as it was. If she said it enough of times, she hoped the lie would turn into the truth.

She scratched a bite mark on her lower left arm. She was worried, a lasting feeling that something was not right. Ferron used to be away for weeks, even months. But lately he had grown careless. Took more risks then he needed to, even ventured deeper into the shadows, all to get answers.

She loved him, deeply. Once she had written to him “My love for you resembles the eternal rocks beneath, a source of little visible delight but necessary. You are always in my mind – not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself - but as my own being. “And she still felts its truths. But something else had awoken inside her and she was unsure if she wanted to peruse it. Maybe it’s better to nip it in the bud? I don’t know....I wish I did.

14th September 2010, 23:30
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default Old entry from Treizi

Treizi - Conqueror Aquilonian

Mmmmmm

Just love your writings Elly ...keep them comming

20th September 2010, 11:31
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default How curious the lights behave

This is a small piece me and Silvara did together when Elyssa felt really lost after not hearing anything from Ferron for months. She is still in Khemi searching for her daughter.

How curious the lights behave

Elyssa stood still in the breeze and looked out over the harbour of Bubshur. It was more a few bridges then a proper harbour, but boats came here daily from Khemi and other places, further away. She has had to dig deep in her packing to get hold of the dress she wore. The silky fabric was light against her skin and she secretly enjoyed its touch compared to the heavy armour she usually wore. Admitting that would be a bit of a too big step.

Ahead of her was the little peninsula she had chosen for what she was about to do. The bag in her right hand was light, it contained all she needed. The sand under her feet felt warm, she was barefooted. It did not take her long to get to the little height and she stopped under the shade of the palm trees.

“You are the only one I know of whom I could ask this of, my dearest friend.”

She sat down and folded her legs under her. She took out a candle and flint from her bag and placed the candle in the sand. With some effort she lit it and watched as the flame grow steady.

“How curious the light behaves reflecting off the dancing waves. Oh how my very being craves a view from down below.”

“Suspended in my watery lair. I would not need to gasp for air. For I'm no longer human there beneath the icy flow.”

“It's peaceful there, but I have found I still can hear the distant sound Of voices of the souls who drowned And left loved ones to mourn.”

Elyssa bowed her head and her voice became thicker as she continued.

“The lonely wails transmit the pain Of those who just could not remain So journeyed to the unknown plane Of dead souls and unborn.”

“But in this world there still exist Survivors who will always miss The passion of their lovers' kiss That warmed them night and day.”

Tears slowly dripped down her cheeks and it was with difficulty she moved on in her prayer.

“Though here above the vast, cold sea, My heart is not without tragedy, For I have someone dear to me Lost in his path.”

She took off a ring from her left index finger and closed her palm round it. Tears still dropped down her cheeks and began to soak her dress. Her whisper was soft.

“Silvara...Silvara... I need your aid.”

A warm wind surrounded her, as her nostrils filled with the smell of rain falling on a barren land. A few leaves lifted from the ground floating if only for a moment and then fell back down. Elyssa breathed in deeply and then released her breath. She looked up and as she turned to look at the sun the light blinded her and she turned away ...when she opened her eyes again, she felt warmth surround her and she saw Silvara standing in front of her. “Elyssa... you summoned me?” Her voice was warm and kind as Elyssa remembered it to be. She inhaled deeply and it smelled of pine tree and lush woods in summertime.

“Yes. ...yes I did.” She rose slowly and just stood looking at Silvara. “It is ....” She had some difficulty to say the words. ”....remember when we last met? You told me that you would search for Merilda and if you found her, you would take her under your wing?”

“Yes my friend. It seems ages ago.”

“I would ask you to do it with another......” She paused. “Ferron is missing.....”

“That man ... always causes trouble when he shouldn't...”

Elyssas voice was thick, she could barely speak. “It’s different this time...”

“Elyssa... are you asking me to tell you if Ferron has moved on?” Silvaras voice was smooth and calmed Elyssas heart.

“I found Merilda; she is almost safe... If he knew... He would come barging in....taken her. But his not...” She avoided Silvaras question, speaking to herself.

“Elyssa... Let Ferron go... Set him free...”

Elyssas head snapped up.

“If the spirits will it he will come back to you...But you have a child to raise... a life to live... Let Ferron go.”

“But I need to know...”

Silvaras face was sad and her look worried as her incorporeal hand tried to reach Elyssas cheek.

“Why? Why do you need to? Let life guide you and chart your path alone...If the spirits will it so your path will merge once more with Ferron's ...if not... you will have lived.” Silvara paused and looked into Elyssas eyes. “Elyssa... listen to the calling... move ahead.... and trust in the spirits to see you through this.”

“Silvara, I feel lost in the darkness, I have tried to find a way home. All I want is to embrace him and never let him go. I was hoping for a sign... Instead there's only silence... Can't they hear my screams?”

“Elyssa.... Sometimes life takes us off guard...but we must never cling to the things that are no longer here... Follow your heart...where does it lead you?”

Tears are pouring down Elyssas face and she crumbled down on to her knees. I just don’t know. I feel so conflicted. I want him back...to be able to feel normal again, to set everything straight.

Silvara kneeled close trying to embrace her. Elyssa leaned downwards; her forehead almost touched her hands on the warm sand.

“I don’t know Silvara... If I knew he was dead... If I knew he had passed on... Then I thought I would be able to find peace in my heart. I had hoped you could have given me a sign he is okay. To be reminded once again it's worth it all so I can go home.”

“What about your child Ely? What about her? How long will you be looking for him instead of her?”

Elyssa raised her head and looked up at Silvara. “That is why I needed an answerer... To be able to put it behind...I always knew that he would be the one passing into the halls of Crom before me. Why does it feel like such a betrayal to move on?” Why does it feel like my heart is split in two?

“Survival is not betrayal.”

Elyssa rubbed her nose and wiped away the snot and tears while shook her head. She did not look convinced.

“I'm sure Ferron would want you to protect yourself and Merilda more than you do right now. Trust the spirits and they will see you through this. I'll be here for you every step of the way... as I’ve already been... Trust me in this Elyssa and let Ferron go...”

“My heart says no.....”

Elyssa bowed her head in resignation. “I will do whatever it takes to protect Merilda.” She said low.

“Elyssa.... Merilda should be your main focus... she is growing up without you.”

“I know, nothing saddens my heart more...”

“Elyssa” Silvaras voice was heartbreaking. “I'll look for Ferron and see what I can do to bring him back to you. But you MUST keep Merilda safe and well.”

Elyssa could only nod.

“I... promise... Silvara...”There was a new strength in her voice. “I will do what it takes.”

Elyssa looked up at the ghost of Silvara and reached out her hand toward her spectral figure. “I do miss you...”

“I miss you too... One day we will all dine again in the halls of Crom.”

“But not yet.. Not yet...” Elyssa finished Silvaras sentence. “Until next time sister....”She let her hand drop and smiled lovingly at Silvara.

“Remember Ely I'm here for you whenever you need me...”

“I will remember, Silvara.”

Elyssa bowed her head in respect and started to recite slowly; with carful pronunciation on each syllable.

“Transformed from darkness to light I let your Soul take refuge and let you find the divine light to lead you home to the Halls of your Gods. May you go into the night blessed, sheltered and protected.”

She leaned down and blew out the candle in the sand. As the flame died out so did the image of Silvara, slowly fading away.

16th September 2010, 20:54
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Default Crossroad

This little piece was played out before the beginning of Like a moth to its flame. And just slightly after Briana had tried to steal the rings from Balorac.
    At the time it was a bit filled with spoilers to be posted. Now its nostalgia for us old rp:ers dreaming our way back. As always, it was a pleasure to explore.

Crossroad

“Hey...”

Elyssa looked up a bit absentmindedly. She had dark rings under her eyes and she looked like she had not slept in days.

Teleia looked down at Elyssa then holds her hand out to help her stand up.

“... did not think i would see you soon... “ There was a hint of a smile in there somewhere and Elyssa grabbed Teleias hand and rose up.

Teleia nodded as Elyssa got up from the floor. “There should be a reason you have such sunken eyes yes?”

Elyssa shrugged. “There is no reason why you should not hear it ....sooner the better...” She added more silent.

“Would you like to eat something?”

“I need something to drink... Come with me.” Elyssa answered and turned towards the market. It did not take them long to find the little underground Inn. The cool air struck them in waves as they descended further
    underground. Teleia ordered food and wine and gave the Inn keeper a cold stare when he doubled the price, just because they were outlanders, both of them. The beautiful way of Khemi, never ever changing.

They found a table furthest in, with no one within hearing range. The food arrived quickly together with two mugs and a bottle of wine. Teleia tossed the wench a few coppers.

“I think Ferron is lost.. He won’t come back.” She cut right to the chase.

“I thought as much...” Teleia tapped at her chin, a pondering frown on her face.

“I summoned Silvara on these shores... I talked to her ... She don’t believe he is among the living anymore.”

“So...i should consider him dead then?”

Elyssas voice was lifeless. “Yes.”

“I see...I’m sorry...”

Elyssa looked away, the sadness in Teleia eyes and the sympathy was too much for her. “I always knew he would walk into the halls of Crom before me......” She inhaled and changed subject. “We need to talk about Merilda...”

Teleia nodded. “Of course.” She opened a bottle of wine and poured it into two cups.

“What did Shiva tell you? What interest does Balorac has in Merilda? Is there anything I could do?”

Teleia hesitates slightly before she answered. “She did not tell me, but she believed that the child would replace Zachita's own.”

“Replace?”

“Perhaps in some plan... Yes replace, according to her, both Zackita and her child had died.”

“Yes, I heard....”

“Also...you seem to know more about Balorac than I do yes?”

Elyssa looked down at the table as if it would hold some answers. In that moment she looked drained. “I talked to this Balorac…”

Teleia passed her a cup of wine and Elyssa gladly took it, she sipped it slowly. It seemed the wine gave her some colour on her white cheeks. “With some wit and maybe help... I could get close to him...”

“Here…” Teleia passed a plate with some pieces of bread on them to Elyssa as well. “I see... What's he doing Elyssa?” She sipped from her own mug.

“He seems like he likes one special kind of women... Not so unlike myself...” Elyssa looked up and smiled a week smile.

“What do you mean exactly?”

Elyssa took another sip of wine. “He enjoys my company...”

“I see. Do you enjoy his company?”

“And I’m wondering if it could in some way help me... Maybe even us...”

“That would be a dangerous game you're playing...”

Elyssa gave Teleia a glance and laughed. “Right now....Do I have a choice?”

“There are always choices.” Teleia smiled faintly.

“And No... I don’t enjoy his company in the way you asked... I still love Ferron... I might always do...”

Teleia nodded slowly. “Just making sure where you're standing. Be very careful yes?”

“I’m not sure I will succeed. But if I need help...”

“What kind of help is it that you need?”

Elyssa explained. “Balorac has in his possession 4 keys or rings as he calls them…”

Teleia raised a curious brow.

“I might need some help to obtain them...”

“I see.”

“It won’t be easy....”

“I wouldn’t count on easy. How much information do you have on these keys?”

“Not much... They are ancient.”

“Maps? Drawings? Locations?”

“And it would be a strike to Balorac if he lost them. He keeps them close to him at all times... But he also brags about them in front of his men.”

“So he wears them?”

Elyssa nodded. “Briana told me as much.”

“What’s Briana’s involvement?” Teleia sipped some wine.

Elyssa looked a bit hesitant. Well....” She sipped some more wine before she answered. Teleia waited patiently. “She tried and almost succeed in obtain one of the keys.”

“How did she fail at obtaining it?”

“Sadly Baloracs men dragged in the Priestess Tanefri and it became pretty messy. He did not have all 4 keys on him at that time...”

“So...so far we have Balorac and a priestess named Tanefri... and 4 keys”

“Tanefri has one of the keys now. And the answer to your question is yes. Those are the players on the field.”

Teleia tapped at her chin pondering. “And you are sure this Tanefri has an original key on her?” She took a small sip from her cup.

“Yes.”

“How many guards does she keep?”

“I don’t know...I can find out...” Elyssa played with her fingers over the rough edges of the table. It did not look like she was aware of it, like her mind was somewhere else.

Teleia nodded. “How many guards does Balorac keep?”

“It depends... Sometimes he sits alone in Serpent heads in... Other times he has up to 6 guards.”

“I see, find out about Tanefri.”

“It won’t take long...”

Teleia smiled mysteriously. “Of course not...”

“When this is over...we need to find a solution for Merilda... A long term solution.”

Teleia looked at Elyssa. “We will.”

Elyssa sipped the wine and pondered a bit. “I send word for you...it will come down soon...”

Teleia sat her cup down, and then poured some more wine into it.

“You look like you have questions?”

Teleia looked up. “I always have questions.” She smiled faintly at Elyssa. “Questions is when is the right time to ask them no?”

Elyssa eyed Teleia and put down her cup. “True... But don’t hold back if you have doubts.”

“The questions I have now are for later. First I need to know about Tanefri.”

Elyssa nodded shortly. “I get back to you with the information you need.”

Teleia drank from the cut again, this time finishing the contents in one go. “Aye, i also need to go.”

“Yes.” Elyssa rose from her seat. “May the light shine on your path...”

“Thank you Elyssa. May the shadows keep you.” Teleia nodded then turned to leave.

Shadows are already closing in on me, my old friend. I can feel them lingering in the corner of my eye. This is a new turn of my life. A path I would never have chosen for myself. She sat down and leaned backwards, resting herself against the cold wall. Well, it’s time to call on what my destiny holds in her hands for me.

15th January 2012, 17:04
    Fearghals

Guild Hall Thread
    Roleplaying Guide

~ Aquilonia ~~R.I.P~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast