Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Maybe it wasn't hacked , but it wouldn't have been the first time that data wents missing after server merge(s)
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Default i never thought of that...

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Maybe it wasn't hacked , but it wouldn't have been the first time that data wents missing after server merge(s)
    You know I remember that happening now that you mention it...maybe they screwed up..I can only hope. I know I had to change the names of 2 of my toons because name taken was on them...which is bunk as I have always played on crom server...

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    You know I remember that happening now that you mention it...maybe they screwed up..I can only hope. I know I had to change the names of 2 of my toons because name taken was on them...which is bunk as I have always played on crom server...
    I think we should move this to maybe another area slack? I did figure out however I have done T 3 fights, just got muddled over it being so long ago. I was able to go into Thothamons place last night. Now I just need to grind to earn some coin to refeat my demo, as she is the only toon I have that wasn't robbed of her gear. I need to learn to play her again, still not sure of rotation or spells...nothing from FC yet on my tkt. I tried to search you last night, but came up empty, as I'm not sure I am doing anything right ATM. Sounds stupid I know, but 4 years is a long time. My demos name is banesgal, so if you can find me I would appreciate it.

I think we should move this to maybe another area slack? I did figure out however I have done T 3 fights, just got muddled over it being so long ago. I was able to go into Thothamons place last night. Now I just need to grind to earn some coin to refeat my demo, as she is the only toon I have that wasn't robbed of her gear. I need to learn to play her again, still not sure of rotation or spells...nothing from FC yet on my tkt. I tried to search you last night, but came up empty, as I'm not sure I am doing anything right ATM. Sounds stupid I know, but 4 years is a long time. My demos name is banesgal, so if you can find me I would appreciate it.
    I was probably already sleeping
    I will search your demo today and send a tell if you are online .
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Default Great news

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I was probably already sleeping
    I will search your demo today and send a tell if you are online .
    FC took fairly god care of me, They put back all T 1 gear on most of the toons they saw had higher then blue stuff. Plus some gold per toon to get me started again. Sucs as my cong was wearing a few t 2 items, so was my tos and BS. The BS only got blues but at least I can go run T1s and gear back up on him... I will be on after 5 central time here in the states slack, look for banecrushr, banesgal, blkhorse as those wil some of the ones I will be refeating and messing with...

[QUOTE=banecrushr;2130150]
    Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Since your account got hacked, at the very least it would be wise to change your game/account passwords and email password. If you don't, you could easily lose all your gear again. I say email too, because often "hackers" / gold farmers / whatever you want to call them, often get into your email account first and they use that to break into all sorts of other accounts.

This is a big thing that is ignored by lots of people playing video games. Their accounts get compromised, but they do nothing to shore up their security.[/QUOTE

Tap, I did THAT first thing. but in fact I change my PW on my email once every so often, never on the same day or time frame, but it gets changed regularly like my underwear.
    I can understand you thinking to remind me on that, and if I were 16 then ok, but I'm not 16 and I am very careful with my pw and personal info. I have no idea how anyone got on this account, it happens I guess, being that I haven't logged on in over 4 years who knows. I just hope FC will help try to fix this in some form or fashion. Although I don't see how it's not their fault either...

Thanks for the reminder, but already ahead of that thought!
    That's awesome that you keep on top of trying to keep secure. So many people these days (of all ages) are horrible at that.

FC took fairly god care of me, They put back all T 1 gear on most of the toons they saw had higher then blue stuff. Plus some gold per toon to get me started again. Sucs as my cong was wearing a few t 2 items, so was my tos and BS. The BS only got blues but at least I can go run T1s and gear back up on him... I will be on after 5 central time here in the states slack, look for banecrushr, banesgal, blkhorse as those wil some of the ones I will be refeating and messing with...
    That's good that they helped you get back going again. These days, T1/T2 gear is quick and easy to come by, so you will surpass where you were in short order.
    Last edited by tapwater; 24th July 2015 at 21:15.

Default HI, Everyone.

Hi my name is Brad and I'm new to Age Of Conan, but not to MMO gaming, ( 11 year vet) Started with the originals Star Wars Galaxies, have played Rift, SWTOR, Aion, Tera, DC Universe, D&D, Lord of the Rings, Archage, Fallen Earth, SkyForge, Ultima Online, Black Desert, I'm waiting for The Division to come out. I'll be looking for a guild, and maybe a in-game mentor, I'm definately going to a PVP Server, I got the game downloading what are some recommendations for classes, and builds to be successful in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ongbaak View Post
    Hi my name is Brad and I'm new to Age Of Conan, but not to MMO gaming, ( 11 year vet) Started with the originals Star Wars Galaxies, have played Rift, SWTOR, Aion, Tera, DC Universe, D&D, Lord of the Rings, Archage, Fallen Earth, SkyForge, Ultima Online, Black Desert, I'm waiting for The Division to come out. I'll be looking for a guild, and maybe a in-game mentor, I'm definately going to a PVP Server, I got the game downloading what are some recommendations for classes, and builds to be successful in PVP?
    Welcome To Conan! You may want to try the PvE server as the PvP server population is sort of low.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongbaak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Welcome To Conan! You may want to try the PvE server as the PvP server population is sort of low.
    To add a bit more to this, from what I hear, there won't be much end-game PvE at all on Fury. So if all you care about is PvP, and don't plan to raid or do 6 man dungeons, then Fury might be for you.

You might look at this thread about the current PvP: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...opping-through

Do not go to Rage, that server is very empty.

If you do want to do some PvE along with your PvP focus, you almost have to go with Crom, the PvE server.

As for classes and builds, you can take a look at the Class forums and find info/builds about all of them:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdi...2-Class-Forums

Pretty much all classes have their utility in PvP, so you basically just need to choose a class that will fit whatever play style you want. Many would recommended you take a Melee character (anything but Necromancer, Demonologist, Priest of Mitra, or Tempest of Set) as they are much different than playing a standard caster class like in many other MMO's.

A lot of people asking questions similar to you here in the Newcomer's Forum, so you may just start looking through a few threads and get more answers.

More Resources for figuring things out:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Need-some-help

Edit:
    Fair warning, you may find lots of trolls in the in-game New Player Help and Global chat channels. Be prepared to ignore quite a few people
    Last edited by tapwater; 22nd September 2015 at 00:20.

Default Hello Hyboria!

Hi everyone, I'll be returning to AoC soon. I started at launch in 08 and played regularly, with several guilds, until late 2012. All my old guilds are gone, and it looks like the landscape has changed quite a bit, but I'm looking forward to getting back in game and meeting new people. I'll be looking for a guild (casual, adult oriented, with good group opportunities) to call home on Crom PvE, any suggestions appreciated.

-Six
    Last edited by BalthazaarSix; 7th December 2015 at 15:05.
    -Shadow aka BalthazaarSix
    "The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." - Leonardo da Vinci

ShadowzDeth - 80 Sin, ShadowzToxin - 80 Sin, BloodBathory - 80 DT, ShadowMedic - 80 PoM, ShadowCrypt - 80 Necro, Klandeztine - 80 Ranger, Shadowsix - 80 Guard, ShadowStormz - 80 ToS