Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Default Hello Everyone!

It's a pleasure to be able to say "Hello" again. Some of you may know me from the TSW forums as the TSW Community Manager, and that's where most of my focus was before the restructure. Actually, about a month ago, I was laid off due to the restructure, but that's not the point.

The point is that I'm back, baby, and ready to help serve all of our communities to the fullest! If you have feedback, problems, anything you need help with, feel free to send me a PM, or poke me on any of my social media channels (you can find them in my signature). I'm going to be working closely with Joel and company to create a great atmosphere for our players.

I also encourage/love in-game events, so if you have an awesome event planned and need the word spread (or maybe even a few fun prizes), feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to work with you!

So, what kind of cool stuff do you guys want to see on the forums? I currently run a "Your Voice" thing over on the TSW forums where players can ask questions and I send those questions off to developers each month. Would you guys like something like that? I'm open to suggestions and am willing to work with you all to get you the things you want and need.

I hope to talk with a lot of you and get to know you better! See you around!

~Morteia
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time barbarian
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Morteia"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Tweetin' with fury[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/Morteia"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]The Book of Many Faces[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/101026195233172439967/posts"][COLOR="Red"]Everyday I'm Google-in'[/COLOR][/URL]

Hi, Morteia!

I like the Your Voice thing.

And it'd be fun to have more surveys on the forum, even if the sample pool here isn't very big. It gives the lurkers a chance to weigh in, and it's just fun.

Welcome back!
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I have a question:

"Why is it so hard to fix the last boss in The Sepulchral of the Wyrm?"

If you could set up an official stickied (and heavily moderated) suggestion threat that forum users know is being read and passed along to the dev team...that would be great.

The "Voice" one sounds good too: also another one on "known bugs" where someone from Funcom reads them and passes them along.

Its frustrating on my end to keep asking for things like a ress pad for t4 between emperor and zodiac (suggested on test server and updated to keep fresh) and not know if its been looked at, in the process of being put in game, or anything. If we KNOW that someone is reading the stuff and passing on things, that would be a boon to the game.

You would have to sic the moderators on these things big time to keep it troll free though.

Thanks and welcome.

Hello Morteia,

Please just read our feedback, suggestion topics

hello.
    can you ask and reply to us with a timeline for mage revamps?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

With you being laid off and then coming back. Is this a sign that Funcom has finally come to it's sense's and is putting an effort towards AOC?

I really, do hope so!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you could set up an official stickied (and heavily moderated) suggestion threat that forum users know is being read and passed along to the dev team...that would be great.
    We already have that thread here. Joel reads this and priorititzes the posts made, and I assure you I watch it daily to ensure it stays on track to Tarib's OP direction.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Another suggestions thread would be pointless, make us a bug reports thread instead (possibly one that F2Pers can also post in).

Also welcome.

I am not going to point fingers but so far community managment in AOC was non-existent.

To manage group of people you have to engage with them and so far I haven't seen that since that one time we had this "special deer hunting" event in AOC. That was like .... in 2009.

Furthermore twitter and facebook, rather than being community managment tools, are used as RSS feeds to re-post official www.ageofconan.com news. New Game Director is giving out a lot of interviews and we have to hunt to find them ourselves. That is community manager's job in my book. Just an example of SLACKING.

My dream community manager? A guy/gal that would ask a dev few questions or ask artist for an artwork and then post them on forums to give us something to chew on. AOC playerbase is starved for news, or ANYTHING AOC related other than more delays.

Here is my grumpy feedback.

But hey, I wish you all the best and hope you will turn things around.
    Retired

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast