Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free to Play; The Way To Go !

Default Free to Play; The Way To Go !

Enjoying the "other side" ~ It's plane to see that things on the the F2P side are pretty good ...

From FUNCOM (TARIB) archives:
    F2P FAQ
    F2P vs Premium Overview

Last edited by Mustaine; 8th April 2013 at 07:34.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I don't like restrictions, so no, it's not the way to go.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Not exactly constructive reply ... but HEY! ... you're entitled to your opinion; as am I

If I feel I'd like to Raid a particular area; i can go into the in-game store and purchase a pass for a lot less than a subscription. And not feel obligated to play more because of the sub.

Last edited by Mustaine; 8th April 2013 at 07:17.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Inventory Space. Got enough on that f2p?

just purchase a one time inventory increase in the fc store. But f2p with a way to access other contents through the store is the way to go... TSW started out that way and its doing well.

I don't think f2p can expand their inventory even if they buy the extra inventory from the store? Plus the 10 gold restriction, but I think you can buy most of the gear you need for 10 gold?

All in all the f2p model is way better than it used to be for sure and I can see a lot of people getting by with just buying the dungeon passes as you go.
    For me though, I need the extra inventory space.
    Nothing wrong with folks staying f2p though.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    TSW started out that way and its doing well.
    The fail of tsw is the reason funcom had to let go most of their workers. So how can it be doing well at the same time it caused funcom to loose all their money? I tested the game as it became b2p and it's a good game but after the first two instances it seems people aren't doing instances so i got bored of the soloing. Well i can always go and play it now as i bought it but anyway my point was that it didn't seem like people were playing it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    The fail of tsw is the reason funcom had to let go most of their workers. So how can it be doing well at the same time it caused funcom to loose all their money? I tested the game as it became b2p and it's a good game but after the first two instances it seems people aren't doing instances so i got bored of the soloing. Well i can always go and play it now as i bought it but anyway my point was that it didn't seem like people were playing it that much.
    hmm interesting. clearly MMOs were created for their team value and social interaction. I think Funcom's strong point is that they make innovative concepts from the start...exciting even.. but the execution is all wrong.

There seems to be emphasis on solo play for some reason even in aoc everyone who's not a super vet has to do the grind in khitai... I found that the solo khitai grind(which is necessary to open a large segment of the group/6man portion of the game) somewhat tedious and frankly unenjoyable. On the other hand, the khitai 6mans are probably the best parts of the game in its entirety.

The khitai grind is a monster the players made, it would not exist if players did not continuesly reinforced it.

Unfortunatly the existing community has grown into bad habits, and new players are mostly indoctrinated into the same mindset.

The ugly monster strikes two times, first it forces the player to think they have to grind, then they strike again when the player have the gear but no understanding of the content they are are put up to.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Not exactly constructive reply ... but HEY! ... you're entitled to your opinion; as am I

If I feel I'd like to Raid a particular area; i can go into the in-game store and purchase a pass for a lot less than a subscription. And not feel obligated to play more because of the sub.

What I am saying is not to assume that f2p is the way to go for everyone. For some of us, we don't want to be f2p and then find ourselves in trouble because we can't enter a dungeon or do intensive trading activities, etc. Personally, I like to play in almost all playfields so I want access to it all - it'd be tedious to go into the store and purchase all the dungeons individually. In my case, it's much easier to go premium, imo. I actually don't understand the f2p mindset unless you are a new or a returning player who want to try the game out/again before investing in premium, or have difficulties with monthly finances.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast