Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Polearm Tank: Is it possible?

Please explain what Shaman skill you think of, (though slightly offtopic), I'm a bit ignorant of shaman skills.

Vengeance reduces by 10% continuously(!), so consider cooldowns of skills, please.

Do we have reason to believe those damage reduction skills (lethargy, vengeance, gr. stench, etc.) do not stack?
    Except that the -25% thing from sins don't work on raid bosses ever.
    Also, only one of each kind works, of course (meaning only 1 vengeance stack. Otherwise every boss's damage would be 0% with 10 Guardians next to him.)

I've never run tests on that on raid bosses though.
    Last edited by Marlekin; 27th March 2013 at 15:55.

He's talking about the manifestations when feated for it.

Do we even know if that works on raid bosses? :P and yeah BSes can do -10% damage with Manifestation of Spirit and 3 feat points (but again I have no clue if it works with raid bosses) though it's not permanent like Vengeance.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Manifestation of Spirit works on all bosses you can reach with it. 35 second uptime, only 5 seconds downtime if you have AA fully feated. So it's pretty much permanent.

Buffs like that stack, but most of them like DTs Drain Strength or Assassins Atrophy don't work on raidbosses afaik.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 27th March 2013 at 16:40.

My Guard still has Tier 1 pole and Tier 1 Chest piece, small items T3 and Helm and Legs Tier 2 ... (yeah I am not a loot whore)

.. and I tanked General in T4 with it (note: DO NOT use Tempest on General - he doesn't like having to stretch). T3 was not an issue even with Acheronian Bikini before it got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Do we even know if that works on raid bosses? ..
    It does.
    Last edited by Invino; 27th March 2013 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Manifestation of Spirit works on all bosses you can reach with it. 35 second uptime, only 5 seconds downtime if you have AA fully feated. So it's pretty much permanent.

Buffs like that stack, but most of them like DTs Drain Strength or Assassins Atrophy don't work on raidbosses afaik.
    Manifestations last 25s not 35s, so it's 15 secs downtime with full AA (40-25=15, not gonna be a nitpicking arsehole with the 0.5s cast time ) since the AA only reduces the recast time (unlike with runes where it improves both recast/duration). Come on you should know that

And I know that we can see the debuff on bosses, but as a tank I can't say I've ever "felt" the difference (not that I ever bothered checking the numbers) so I dunno.
    Last edited by kalston; 27th March 2013 at 18:05.

Manifestations last 25s not 35s, so it's 15 secs downtime with full AA (40-25=15, not gonna be a nitpicking arsehole with the 0.5s cast time ) since the AA only reduces the recast time (unlike with runes where it improves both recast/duration). Come on you should know that
    Debuff added from Spirit manifestation lasts 10 seconds, making for a 34 second duration cause the last tick is on the 24 second mark.
    Still, with 2x bears in a raid I stand by my previous statement, it'll be up pretty much permanently.

I didn't account for cast time and this last pulse, I'll give you that

And I know that we can see the debuff on bosses, but as a tank I can't say I've ever "felt" the difference (not that I ever bothered checking the numbers) so I dunno.
    As a bear using it in PvE fully feated for a long time, I feel it working. Apply it to hard hitters like Archfiend of Gore or Golems of Yah Chieng and come back to me ^^

So if Guard have a skill like this working on bosses it could turn out a nice combination.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 27th March 2013 at 18:20.

Debuff added from Spirit manifestation lasts 10 seconds, making for a 34 second duration cause the last tick is on the 24 second mark.
    Still, with 2x bears in a raid I stand by my previous statement, it'll be up pretty much permanently.

I didn't account for cast time and this last pulse, I'll give you that
    Ah yes that makes sense My bad, forgot about how ticks work. (but shh, I've been a BS for only like 4 months)
    And yes with 2 BSes it can be up 100% of the time for sure.

As a bear using it in PvE fully feated for a long time, I feel it working. Apply it to hard hitters like Archfiend of Gore or Golems of Yah Chieng and come back to me ^^

So if Guard have a skill like this working on bosses it could turn out a nice combination.
    Well I definitely apply a Vengeance debuff constantly on bosses when poletanking (which is what I always do anyway) but I haven't done any raids lately and haven't been healed by a BS for quite some time (my uber BS mate has been inactive for more than a month, boo). But anyway I always feat it on my BS in PVE and use Manifestation of Spirit a lot so I do hope it works, I'm just saying I've NEVER checked the numbers or anything and there are so many hidden mechanics or bugs in this game...

What AA do you uses in Poletanking ?

I used to play with StA for obvious reasons but lastly i've tried CW/Champion's spirit and i feel i've better aggro with CW, esp when it crits.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I too use CW and champion spirit.
    Even tho i did try STA when i got it, i really dislike it now, because i consider it as a solo tanking tool, so more annoying than helpful to the tank team.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast