Thread: Factions and other questions

Default Factions and other questions

I'm mainly curious about my assassin, who just left Tortage, and what faction I should choose. Then I realized I can't really figure out how the factions work. Are factions something you don't worry about to way later in levels?

I don't know if this game is one of those where I just focus on leveling till 80 and then worry about gear, faction, etc., or if there are things I can start working on now at level 21.

Any one have any information on where and when(what level) I can or should start getting faction for my assassin and if there is anything else I can start working on at my level? I've found information on where to level up but nothing that says things to do while leveling up.

I think you'll get a faster response in the Newcomers Forum. There's also a lot of information in the stickies that will help you
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Short answer: Don't worry about it until 80.

Long answer: There's one faction in Turan (level 50-55, if you have that expansion pack). But that faction is not essential to leveling, by any means.

The rest of the factions are in Khitai (level 80). Check out the Resources for New/Returning Players sticky for links to faction info. You can also ask in the Assassins' forum for specific Khitai recommendations: http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

You can also start doing minigames now to grind up PVP faction. If you wait until 80 to start PVPing, you will have less gear than the other players, so it's more challenging for a while.

Welcome!
    Last edited by Prima; 19th March 2013 at 22:36.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

U cant choose faction until ure lvl 80...

Thanks for the info. The faction levels and pvp thing was exactly the type of information I was looking for.