Thread: Old forums should be available INDEFINITELY

Exclamation Old forums should be available INDEFINITELY

With the change to the new forums, Google search for a lot of important AoC information is effectively broken. This robs the community of an important--and often the only--documentation source.

Fortunately there is a work-around: replace "forums" by "forums-us" in the address bar of the browser.

If, as is threatened in bold letters "This archive [the old forums] will be available until July 1st, 2013" Then as of July AoC will be largely undocumented. This would be bad. Really bad.

Therefore I suggest the old forums be kept available indefinitely. Also, the "Message from the king" should include a notice about adding "-us" as a work-around.

Gerard Stafleu
    Last edited by gstafleu; 12th March 2013 at 12:34.

Any important documentation can be copied over from the old forums. With time Google and the like will not display the old links as they won't be getting clicked on any more, therefore causing them to drop on google.

It's hard to keep such a large database online when it's redundant.

And as this topic doesn't provide any point of discussion:

Thread closed
    Thread Closed

Thanks!
    Last edited by Vorbiz; 12th March 2013 at 19:53.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ