Thread: Chat Spam

Default Chat Spam

We all notice after the last free transfers, which was almost six months ago, that some people are typing the same line twice or thrice and are repeating that procedure every two minutes, so I decided to ask a Game Master about the definition of spam in the game.
    Apparently, it is very different from the usual IRC, the chat medium to which I have been faithful for a decade, tone.

Spam in Age of Conan is a subjective notion, but it has two certain traits:
    1. 1. it must cover the whole chat window;
      as far as I understand, the window has some default size (the number of vertical and horizontal characters) that I cannot measure right now, but the size of the font should be taken in account as well;
    2. 2. aggressive or disruptive nature;
      that might mean that the lines do not cover the whole window at once, but let several lines from others pass before reoccuring in massive numbers, or that it is directed to make someone in particular become inconspicuous betweeen one's lines.

Is it vague? For me, it is.

What is allowed? Everyone can type the same short (relatively) line even five times if he wishes, wait until some lines from others come through (maybe around 3-5 lines), repeat it again, and this will not be considered spam.

Now, imagine a common evening on the new player help or global channel where everyone would type the same line five times in his language, wait till someone does it too, and repeat it by typing the very same line five times again. This will not be regarded as disruptive behavior or spam.

I suggest one thing to Funcom though: everyone should be allowed to type one line per 5-10 seconds. Is it a good idea?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 12th March 2013 at 04:54.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.