Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to buff up premium.

Default Ideas to buff up premium.

This is a thread for ideas on making premium more attractive for customers. Please, use this thread to discuss the current state of premium membership and debate each other's ideas.

- A +20% run speed for mounted premium characters.

- choice of 1 premium vanity gear per month.

- Priority cool down times on raids/quests. You may wipe 1 raid and 3 quests off cool down per week.

- 1 free daily hub city teleport for each city.

- premium nametags. You can choose to have bigger fonts, edit colors for letters, and have special designs next to your name.

- +10% scaling relative to non premies.

- +75% loot roll. Once a week a premium member gets to apply a bonus to his/her roll during loot rolls.

- premium lotteries. Each week premium members get a chance to roll for anything from crates of health pots to manuals to super rare pets.

I am premium - and I wonder why.

Premium allows you to....
    1) Advance your AA's : I maxed out my aa tree a very long time ago.
    2) Go on raids : I was full T3 over 3 years ago and thanks to Funcom allowing Memory Cloud farming these last 6+ months I have all I need from T4. No need to raid.

What I enjoy is hanging with friends and playing mini games and I can do all of this as a free player so despite loving this game to bits there is absolutly no reason for me to continue to pay.

Two months left on my anual sub so if they want to keep getting my money I will need to see something before then.

Some good ideas mentioned already.

Just giving out the same old potions (+10% exp etc) to 4+ yrs veterans with their subscription just doesn't cut it. For $15/month I don't think the premium benefits are worth it.

The only thing I found worth it 2 years ago or so was the white tiger (when getting a tiger meant Tamarin grind) and the big bag on all toons.

I think they could tie in some premium subscriber bonuses with the new crafting revamp like having no cap on progression or crafting higher quality items.

I'd also like to see more visual customization on characters for premium members. For example more detailed bodies and more faces added. I'd like to see more muscular/leaner bodies (like Conan) or older looking faces/bodies (they already exist as NPC's).

Specific quests for premium members that reward high end items or very unique social items.

Another idea which might not sit well with Funcom would be to lower subscription cost. I know, it's not going to be popular but it's worth mentioning.

If we take the price aside, do not touch Premium: it is balanced at the moment. Work on the F2P advantages or disadvantages though.
    Examples:
    - disabling Vanity slots for F2P;
    - 1 T2 raid per week allowed;
    - removing fresh kills.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

larger discount in item shop.

Or paying full price and get 'account wide' status on all 'character only' items bought in the item shop. Or discount _and_ 'account wide' status for premiums who buy 6 or 12 months.

We can go on and on and on... just show some willingness to please to the paying subs. :]

OP has a point :-)

(And yes, I also don't see the point of being premium when you have full T4 and max AA). There are some many "perks" ingame that get lost on veterans. For instance, I have over 150 unspent "offline" levels (and counting). My character can betray all factions and become instant rank 4 (after grinding to 5k points). Numerous Relic 1-4 wasted on various chars. There should be some exchange options that doesn't put these acquired stuff go to waste... Like 1000 Insignia for 1 RARE or 10000 insignias for one superior health potion.. or something.. just don't let it rot...

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post
    I am premium - and I wonder why.

Premium allows you to....
    1) Advance your AA's : I maxed out my aa tree a very long time ago.
    2) Go on raids : I was full T3 over 3 years ago and thanks to Funcom allowing Memory Cloud farming these last 6+ months I have all I need from T4. No need to raid.
    Off topic, but you choosing to exploit isn't Funcoms fault. It's like blaming a store that it is possible to shop lift. It isn't as if it is impossible to win the fight the intended way.

On topic i really like the "cool down wipe" option! The offline levels should also be possible to convert to Funcom points for example.

But the thing i really want to see is a life time premium fee.

Perhaps buying in game gold for money for premiums only would be a good way to get rid of the gold spammers. And i for one might consider buying gold then. (It is a kickable offence in my guild and raid group if you have bought gold, shard or an Ibis from any of them)
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

1. Make the top tiers of the new crafting system premium only. For example all lvl 80 crafts.
    2. Make crafting progress quicker for premium.
    3. Make T1 and T2 raids reset twice a week for premiums. This would also benefit free to play as there would be more raids in the weekend.
    4. Give any new account who turn premium for at least 3 months a hefty AA bonus. 20 points and 10 pots of 50% AA xp gain. We need to close the gap between new players and veterans.
    5. Give me a drinking hat to go with my drinking cape

I think that there is a lot of excitement regarding the new crafting system. Use it!

For pvp'ers give them a mega cool font that they can spam in global

Free character move(s) (might help with PVP server pop...)

Free renames (w/ cooldown)

EDIT: And all item shop purchases become account-wide.
    Last edited by Prima; 11th March 2013 at 20:41.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast