Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if i were GD for a month

Default if i were GD for a month

this is what i would do:

First of all i would come to the realization that AoC has the best combat system of all mmo's out there and could easily become the preferred game for those enjoying skill based, action filled, bloody and mature fights. I would also make it slightly more beneficial to choose classes that uses this excellent combat system, there is simply put way to much magic going on in AoC as of now.
    I would as GD simply state that TSW will get a 70/30-focus in regards to pve/pvp, while AoC will get a 30/70-focus in regards to pve/pvp.

servers
    All current servers are merged into one PvE server, because the combination of no tokens and enormous amounts of fast-travel to everywhere in this game has caused world pvp to become next to non-existant. This server will be called Fairytale.

A new server is set up that has faction based PvP, so it will be Cimmerians vs Stygians vs Aqulonians vs Khitai'ans, all classes will have several possibilities to change their allegiance. Tortage and major city hubs will be PvE, rest will be world PvP. All players will drop minigame tokens, bori tokens, pvp-xp or a combination as long as the victim is not more then 5 lvls lower then the attacker. Victim will drop substantially more if killed in an "enemy" controlled zone. Almost all fast travel is removed and the only paths remaining is the major city hub paths and the "path of azura"-path. This server will be called Warfare.

After some time, if Warfare server is a success a third server is opened up that is Free-for-all-PvP, starting in Tortage. Much the same as Warfare, but no factions and players also drop items and money. This server is called Mayhem.

Common for all servers, all guards are removed and consequence system with them.

archetypes
    Generally speaking, rock-scissor-paper will be more predominant, group setup will be more important, 1vs1 is completely ignored.

Tanks will get a 50% damage reduction in defensive stance while getting an substantial increase in hate generated. Additionally they will get a 50% mitigation reduction in frenzy stance, while current damage is maintained. Neutral stance is removed.

Mages will get a 50% damage reduction when not in spellweave and get a 20% damage increase when spellweaving. Exception here is of course the Hox, that will remain as of now.

Healers will get a 50% damage reduction when not in spellweave and get a 20% damage increase when spellweaving. Exception here is of course the Bear Shaman, that will simply get a slight damage reduction.

Rouges will remain their current damage, but the way it is applied is less easy mode, sins will loose dww and gb, rangers will be brought back to pre revamp and barb will loose constant high speed mode.

bori
    Reward for a sacrifice is tripled, players drop minitokens, boritokens and give quadruple pvp-xp, rangers tracking ability is reduced to a radius of 50m or removed completely.

minigames
    Brackets are introduced so new players aren't farmed as hard, in minis players are also equipped with mandatory pvp gear. 3 brackets that consist of 0-4 that receives pvp1 gear, 5-9 that receives pvp2 gear and lvl.10 that receives pvp3 gear.

Pug minis gets a new balancing algorithm that is based on archetype, class and win/loss-score in minigames. Only one of each class is accepted and nobody is zoned into the minigame unless all 12 participants has acknowledged, if one declines the game will give the message 'waiting for players' until a fitting class enters the minigame cue, whereas a new balancing check will be done before all players are zoned into the minigame. If anyone leaves during the minigame they will get a 1hour coward shame buff and a registered loss, while the best possible fitting replacement will be picked from the cue to replace said person.

Premade minis will get a increase in all rewards compared to pug minis.

ladder system
    For players that are pvp-level.10 and participate in minigames, a ladder system will be introduced. Several stats are included like flags captured, healing done, kills, kills assist etc, etc.

raids
    Tier 3,5 is revamped, enhanced and re-introduced as T5 raid instance.
    All raid bosses above Tier 1 will get a new aoe cast every 30 sec thats called "terrifying scream" that causes inflicted to get feared and run around for 10 sec. Tier 1 gear will give resistance to "terrifying scream rank 1" witch is the spell bosses in T2 casts, while Tier 4 gear will give resistance to "terrifying scream rank 4" witch is the spell bosses in T5 casts, etc,etc. A minimum of 60% of the raid parts are needed to resist next level this spell.

Gear
    All regular stats on all gear will get a 50% reduction when used in PvP, reducing the impact gear has and making PvP gear the best choice for this. PvP stats are left as is.

crowd controls
    All CC of the same kind is treated equally, as in all kind of stun will give the same stun immunity, etc.
    Generally speaking all CC-immunities are prolonged.

thats all for the first month.

About your archetypes: I think you're influenced by pvp too much ^^

About "terrifying scream": I like the idea of gear check, but why not just increase and update the current mechanic that is already in game?

I would join to this new server.

+ for pro thread

Too bad GD's don't just wave their hand and everything they want done gets done immediately :P

Changes are slow when there are very few coders still working on the game, and especially when they are spread out on three games. GD's job is basically to assess what people want most and then find out what is possible to get done in a reasonable amount of time with the resources available, and tell the coders what to do with that information.

Isn't there a suggestion thread around here somewhere ? MODs ...

[COMBAT]
    Casting and combos while moving and dodging

Quote Originally Posted by sageman
    All regular stats on all gear will get a 50% reduction when used in PvP, reducing the impact gear has and making PvP gear the best choice for this. PvP stats are left as is.
    To me, this makes no sense; just do away with gear all together ~ you're thrown into a match with yer tightly-whiteys and your weapon and -GO! ~ after all; naked battles are the best measure of skill

... OP sounds like a BORI advocate
    Last edited by Mustaine; 9th March 2013 at 23:27.

There is a suggestion thread found here. Please read Tarib's first post before posting any suggestions, as this thread comes with posting rules.

I will leave this thread open for discussing the OP, but if it gets too off topic, or too similar to the suggestion thread we've already got going, I will close it down.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Arishanya, as you're probably fully aware, this is not just a simple suggestion to a specific area or part of the game, rather then a fundamental change in how to view the strengths of this game and what benefits it can bring to the whole company if said strengths are focused upon in the future.

Gaute did a lot to really set this game apart from the rest, unfortunately he left the PvE side severely lacking.
    Craigh replaced him and did an impressive job on the PvE side to really enhance the endgame of the game, unfortunately he left the PvP side severely lacking.
    Now we got Joel and what he needs to understand is that trying to take on WoW purely number wise is the wrong focus, the prospect of offering a viable alternative based on what AoC can bring to the table is what will bring success to this game.

Simply put, what really sets this game apart is the combat system, in PvE it doesn't really matter whether you hit the mob with a combo or with an instant ability, in the long run that is totally indifferent. However, in PvP it makes a world of difference, it takes practice, it promotes skill and it is valued traits by those seeking a viable alternative to the WoW style that is predominant in todays games.

Make the game a viable alternative and you might succeed, try to offer what every other game out there offer and you will fail miserably.

+3, I would roll a new char on each of those servers. Sounds purrfect
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    servers
    All current servers are merged into one PvE server, because the combination of no tokens and enormous amounts of fast-travel to everywhere in this game has caused world pvp to become next to non-existant. This server will be called Fairytale.

A new server is set up that has faction based PvP, so it will be Cimmerians vs Stygians vs Aqulonians vs Khitai'ans, all classes will have several possibilities to change their allegiance.
    OP is funny :-)

First he claims that world pvp is non-existant, hence merge all into 1 PvE server. Then he states he wants to create a new PvP server. LOL. Logic o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

[COMBAT]
    Casting and combos while moving and dodging
    I pick this as an example how ridicoulus most ideas from users are.

Balance will totally broken if this would be integrated in this game without an complete revamp of all classes. ranged classes would kill everything without getting caught. besides it would look completely stupid if sins or barbs for example running around while doing Swift strikes oder cyclone of steel.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 10th March 2013 at 14:47.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast