For the benefit of new/returning HoXes, this is the combination of Khitai factions that most Heralds seem to pick. HoX veterans, post your own choices and reasoning.
- Brittle Blade vs Shadows of Jade: BB has the most popular set of raid armor. Shadows have a regen-focused set of HoX armor and +fatality pet.
- Hyrkanians vs Wolves of the Steppes: Hyrkanians have one of the best HoX swords in the game. Also, mounts. Wolves have wolf mounts/pets and a popular set of high-survivability Avatar armor.
- Last Legion vs Scarlet Circle: Both factions have HoX-friendly capes, but LL's (magic oriented) is considered better, esp for raiding.
- Children of Yag-kosha vs Yellow Priests of Yun: Children have a decent ring. Yellow Priests have a decent raid-DPS potion and good combat pet selection.
- Tamarin's Tigers vs Scholars of Cheng-Ho: Tigers have a good necklace. Also, the tiger mounts/pets. Scholars have a less-popular Possession-focused HoX armor set.
Where do I join a faction? (check out maps showing some camps here)
Where can I see the faction gear online?
- Brittle Blade: southwest corner of Northern Grasslands[/URL]
- Shadow of Jade: north central Northern Grasslands
- Hyrkanians: northwest Northern Grasslands
- Wolves of the Steppes: northeast Northern Grasslands
- Last Legion: Pin-Pin (town in center of Northern Grasslands)
- Scarlet Circle: Pin-Pin (town in center of Northern Grasslands)
- Children of Yag-kosha: Chow (up the stairs just down the road from the entrance to Northern Grasslands)
- Yellow Priests of Yun: Chow (up the stairs just down the road from the entrance to Northern Grasslands)
- Tamarin's Tigers: Shaulun (town in central-east of Chosain Province, the zone to the right/east of Northern Grasslands)
- Scholars of Cheng-Ho: (town in central-east of Chosain Province, the zone to the right/east of Northern Grasslands)
- http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?s=1;3;2;8;11;4 (recommended factions are preselected)
Where can I view and buy the faction gear in-game?
- Faction vendors can be found at the following locations: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Faction_Armor
Is this faction gear "best-in-slot"?
- Not always. Before you spend a month grinding faction for a piece when you could get a better one another way, prioritize actual upgrades via resources like:
Anything else to think about in choosing a faction?
- Faction pets. See post below: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...56#post2038256
- If RP/story/tone/immersion is a factor for you, know that Brittle Blade, Wolves of Steppes, Scarlet Circle, Yellow Priests of Yun, and Tamarin's Tigers tend to be markedly more dark, cruel, or crude than their counterparts. As a HoX, you should be right at home with the dark factions! ... but if not, keep all this in mind before choosing, as you will be attempting to earn their good graces by actively aiding their causes (and can even lose minor faction points by not choosing dialogue choices that they prefer). Some of the storylines are quite intense: cannibalism, preying on sick/simple, etc. (although you can ignore quests here and there and still reach Tier4 in a faction).