Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Update - 8th March

Quote Originally Posted by Mace44 View Post
    Finding ways to decrease the gap in AA for future players wont do much over time to reduce the insurmountable gap that will remain with those players who are already way ahead in AA - you'd never catch up. Same with PVP levels. Do all you want - you either have a choice to leave the gap as it is to not tick off those players who deservedly earned those levels and AA over time, or you do nothing and make it impossible for new players to ever be competitive as new 80's vs old 80's and not want to continue with the game. Its a dilemma.

Trying to find middle ground almost seems like a worse idea overall.

I don't know what the answer is, but then again I'm not so sure anybody does.....
    I have a pvp 10 and 2 pvp 7's.

Most of my 12 toons are kithai geared and have decent AA's.

I wanna play a Massive MMO and for that, i vote for giving 200 AA points to ANY account created after 2013.

1-3 toons or slots, max, ifc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

1000 AA points for newbies.

200 is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    1000 AA points for newbies.

200 is nothing.
    Should be a reasonable number, I would say 350. With all the AA pots, it doesn't take long to grind anymore.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Mace44 View Post
    Finding ways to decrease the gap in AA for future players wont do much over time to reduce the insurmountable gap that will remain with those players who are already way ahead in AA - you'd never catch up. Same with PVP levels. Do all you want - you either have a choice to leave the gap as it is to not tick off those players who deservedly earned those levels and AA over time, or you do nothing and make it impossible for new players to ever be competitive as new 80's vs old 80's and not want to continue with the game. Its a dilemma.

Trying to find middle ground almost seems like a worse idea overall.

I don't know what the answer is, but then again I'm not so sure anybody does.....
    Maybe account-wide repercussions? For example, bonus AA requires focusing on one character. E.g., you earn an AA bonus for every day you log in to your main without logging in on a different character.

Or: You can claim a limited amount of bonus/faster AA, but if you do, it slows down the regular timer or AA rate. That'd let people get critical AA feats out of the way, but at the price of fleshing out everything else much slower.

Just need to greatly increase the aaxp for lower levels so that someone who plays their character to 80 has enough aa points to get the required ones. Additionally the aa timer could be enabled at 20 instead of 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Khidem View Post
    Just need to greatly increase the aaxp for lower levels so that someone who plays their character to 80 has enough aa points to get the required ones. Additionally the aa timer could be enabled at 20 instead of 80.
    This AA point disparity doesn't need to have the VETs loose thier edge ; have an updated system that matches player stats AND AAs with there peers ~ the new players get mixed in with OTHER new players in minis and work their way up ~ or do Away with PvP AAs all together ; keep PvE ones for the Raiders

I would second that. imo this would also lead to more players in the leveling areas, which is also beneficial for new players.

For balance purposes, let them gain AA during levelling, but don´t allow them to spend the AAs before 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    I would second that. imo this would also lead to more players in the leveling areas, which is also beneficial for new players.

For balance purposes, let them gain AA during levelling, but don´t allow them to spend the AAs before 80.
    great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post

These are fantastic ideas!
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

IMO the best course of action is to remove the requirement to play altogether.

New players have the problem but so do vets. I level a toon to 80 (off-line) and then park it for 3 months just to time train the aa's required to be able to do a 6 man which is totally stupid.

You dont want to give new 80s 300 aa's as it will upset the vets who have put in hours attaining thise goal. Similarly the new player wont immerse themselves in the game if they are gifted so much.

The real issue is the barrier to play. Resolve this by removing it.

Swap out these required aa skills such as Steadfast Faith and make them just normal spells / abilities available to everyone of that Archtype upon reaching lvl 80.

Replace these removed AA's with new ones that are desirable but not essential like +5% dmg or + con.

Problem solved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast