Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please stop kicking us off mounts in Khitai

My only problem is the knockback off the mount. Just make it default to quick dismount instead. Is that hard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by thutkemi View Post
    just get rid of the stupid tigers, wolves and retard-slug-lizards and replace them with lore-appropriate mounts and then let them in the cities.
    This!

I am fine with no mounts in cities (actually i would not use a trader with too many slugs, lizards, wolves, tigers, battlemechs etc. around)...just remove or change the "kickoff" animation

About the workaround: Yes, it worked at first, till someone sadistic ninjachanged it so that anyone doing it will end up facing in the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by RentonsHouse View Post
    This!

I worked hard for that rat-lookin' piece of dung. Don't take my wolf away.

Speaking as a player, and not a moderator for a moment - I wouldn't want siege mounts to work in cities - I can't tell you how many times mammoths blocked people from being able to get by in OT or other places. I would hate to see that happen again.

And I laugh every time I get kicked off my mount entering a city (I think the animation is funny!).
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Pro-tip: if you jump with your mount just as you cross the threshold, you don't do the full backflip thing. You get knocked off, but land on your feet and can keep going forward a little more quickly.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    lore-appropriate mounts
    This always makes me laugh. Like the following?

Conan heard a sudden
    beat of wings in the stars, and recoiled as a huge batlike creaturealighted beside him. He saw its great calm eyes regarding him in thestarlight; he saw the forty-foot spread of its giant wings. And he sawit was neither bat nor bird.

"Mount and ride," said Pelias. "By dawn it will bring you to Tamar."
    Great wings spread from a black horror that in no way resembled a camel, and it rushed upward into the sky, bearing in its wake a shape of blinding flame, in which a black man-like shape gibbered in ghastly triumph. So quickly it passed, that it was like the rush of a nightmare through a horror-haunted dream.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the lizard mount is lore appropriate or even the wolves and tigers (though I actually did engage in a discussion with a Howard scholar regarding those) but there are things from the lore that we *could* add which people would find wildly inappropriate.

The only mounts that shouldn't be allowed in towns should be the siege mounts. I think the rest are ok. If you insist on not allowing mounts in the major hubs like pinpin or fengdu then at least replace the knock back with a gentle transition so we can keep running. I'm not sure why that was changed. When khitai was introduced, the transition was very smooth but for some reason unbeknownst to us all they changed it to an awkward back flip. If your goal was immersion or sticking to conan lore then the back flip was the wrong choice.

Thanks for responding, Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    Pro-tip: if you jump with your mount just as you cross the threshold, you don't do the full backflip thing. You get knocked off, but land on your feet and can keep going forward a little more quickly.
    Yeah, you can do this, but it still looks dumb. Just give us a quick dismount automatically. Hell, why does Quick Dismount even have a cooldown? No one cares about sieging anymore.

Just get rid of the stupid animation, or at least speed it up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast