Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please stop kicking us off mounts in Khitai

Default Please stop kicking us off mounts in Khitai

We can be on mounts everywhere else, why not in the cities there? The "kick" from the mount is awkward to the point of being a bug, and the FPS is already so effed up, what's the point?

Let us ride mounts in the cities within Grasslands, Chosain, Kara, and Paikang. Please.

Agreed, Just plain annoying, especially when you see others who ported to the zone be on their mount inside the cities..
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

It feels like a sad sadistic dev joke...
    ...please at least replace the animation of getting kicking off by "something" with a clean "quick dismount"!

there is workaround (as always) when you jump on your mount before that invisible wall that makes you kick off (like the bridge in KK village, near the wall at Palace of Yun Rau etc.) and you will land on your feet unmounted.. but yea, had the same idea few days ago (again)

I was always wondering about why that happens.

Perhaps Joel, since he was lead on ROGS, can explain.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I was always wondering about why that happens.

Perhaps Joel, since he was lead on ROGS, can explain.
    What they said at introduction of RotG was that they didn't want to see people on horseback talking to merchants and traders
    like you often see (and i also do) at the trader in OT.
    It would be breaking the immersion into the game.
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 8th March 2013 at 10:32.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

There were quite a few reasons.

- Because the mounts were stretching what I believed to be Conan canon, we agreed that people wouldn't accept them riding around in towns and cities (was supposed to be the same in the hub cities)
    - Because we didn't want people using the mounts to block the smaller doorways which we added in Khitai (when Godslayer was launched we introduced 0.5m pathfinding which was half the size of the previous and therefore smaller doorways).
    - Because we didn't want people surrounded by mounts in cities.

If enough people agree that we should remove it, we can, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

- Because the mounts were stretching what I believed to be Conan canon, we agreed that people wouldn't accept them riding around in towns and cities (was supposed to be the same in the hub cities)
    - Because we didn't want people using the mounts to block the smaller doorways which we added in Khitai (when Godslayer was launched we introduced 0.5m pathfinding which was half the size of the previous and therefore smaller doorways).
    - Because we didn't want people surrounded by mounts in cities.

If enough people agree that we should remove it, we can, of course.
    Wow, it's like you are a djinji: someone speaks your name and *poof* you are here. Seriously, thanks for that, it goes long way and we appreciate that A LOT (ALOT).

I don't think Horses in cities are any problem, especially hubs. Tarantia is a large city, I don't think there would be a problem lore-wisewith anyone raiding a horse around (that MONSTER lizzard mount War Mare, on another had, would be an issue).

As for blocking any doors with mounts: if you use stealth there is no collision and you can move freely through people, mounts, mobs etc.

Knocking people off mount woukld make sense if it was coherent through out whole game which it isn't (and it shouldn't). Also the way this is done (meaning: character getting knocked off instead of simply stoping and dismounting) makes zero sense and it doesn't come across as "it would be rude to ride horse in the city".

I like the very idea that the team would consider such minor detail, but as a feature it's nothing but annoying to old players and very confusing to new ones. Please consider changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    What they said at introduction of RotG was that they didn't want to see people on horseback talking to merchants and traders like you often see (and i also do) at the trader in OT.
    It would be breaking the immersion into the game.
    I don't think it is unlikely that a merchant selling his wares would talk to an adventurer willing to buy them EVEN when he is on his horse.

Adventurer on a WAR MARE talking to a merchant who ignores the fact that he is haggling with a guy on a gigant-freaking-lizzard now that I am finding hard to believe :X
    Last edited by Slith; 8th March 2013 at 11:46.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    tbh, there is not that many people in the cities for it to become a problem. maybe during certain evenings when guilds start to gather for raids but other than that its rare to see a large crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    tbh, there is not that many people in the cities for it to become a problem. maybe during certain evenings when guilds start to gather for raids but other than that its rare to see a large crowd.
    and then there is that Crouch mechanics especially for these situations; hiding works as well

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast