Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    In that case i would rather optimize in sinergy with what OTHER characters are in my group and the boss specifics (more magic or physical protection?, melee access or ranged only?, aoes?) rather than my personal dps on a strawman for 3mn straight and comparing to NF without spellwave because there is a lot more to gain there to compensate the loss of a necro that can't spellwave... lol
    i agree. in fact i never said that it must be optimized for the strawman, just that it must be optimized for those fights.
    honestly, i almost never use strawman. i prefer to parse the actual fights and analyze them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Off the top of my head Zaal caster phase, Obsidian Basilisk, Arbanus and Gyas above 50% and the golem adds on the Emperor come to mind as encounters where with less than perfect tanks a necro without spell weaving can have aggro problems.
    in my experience, zaal is the only one where aggro is a real problem, even with good tanks. but i'd never make a gimp spec just for that fight. i'd rater reduce my aggro by reducing the dps.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I started playing my necro again and was thinking of making a new speck.
    What is a good pet speck aka 2017? I do mostly dungeons. With the gear tanks have these days agro is never an issue so i dont worry about doing to much dps.

Anyone have a suggestion for me?
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

nothing changed lately. so, if you want a pure dps spec, i'd go with this: link

pets obviously mutilators, but if you're in group it may help to have 2 blighted ones, to debuff the target.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 13th March 2017 at 18:47. Reason: i made a mistake with the build

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

it's also viable to go with a dts petless spec, like this

i don't use it very often, actually only on the 1st boss in t6, because there the pets tends to die like flies, but if you have good gear, it's very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    nothing changed lately. so, if you want a pure dps spec, i'd go with this: link

pets obviously mutilators, but if you're in group it may help to have 2 blighted ones, to debuff the target.
    thanks. i have tested this speck, and it worked well for me Miss general of the dead, but i do more dps now so its all good
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

yea, general of the dead can be handy, but it needs 11 points, which i think are better spent somewhere else.

Or you could try something like this.

Very similar to Yawgmoth-VDN's spec, basically you trade the increased Chill damage for 72 magic damage, and get aggro reduction as a freebie which still can be useful at times, especially in raid where you can use instant Misdirection to make other necromancers die in your stead.

And you can show that you have balls by using One with Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    And you can show that you have balls by using One with Death.
    in my opinion, "one with death" is quite a good name, because you'll be dead very quick, very often!
    another good names for it could be "death wish" or "i want to slack"...

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    in my opinion, "one with death" is quite a good name, because you'll be dead very quick, very often!
    another good names for it could be "death wish" or "i want to slack"...
    Well, you have to use it with discretion of course.

But since most of the feats between Unholy Power and Bone Horde in the Reanimation tree are interchangeably useless might as well put a point there. Where I have for example used One with Death with some success was the four Memory Cloud bosses before Entity. Obsidian Basilisk should also work. Imp is a bit of a gamble, as might be Zodiac.