Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Population...slightly increasing

Default Population...slightly increasing

I don't know if its steam or returning players or gw2 has lost its mojo or Obama is finally improving the economy..... but from my personal pop. stats that I keep track of the population is oh so slightly improving.

This is especially true toward the upper end levels. Just last night there were so many groups in HoC that we got into verbal fights and accusations of "poaching" bosses...although in reality there were so many players in there people were getting mixed up to which group they belonged. I smiled when this happened(although the person threatened to report me ) since this is a sign of a slightly improving pbase.

Think the target goal should be around 1500 players each night on Set US. We are currently at 800ish. maybe a bit more. I'm certain the FC crew has a plan to get the steam players to stay. I think once they get over the big hump of 1-79 then they are much more likely to stay(and sub)!

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

Think the target goal should be around 1500 players each night on Set US. We are currently at 800ish. maybe a bit more. I'm certain the FC crew has a plan to get the steam players to stay. I think once they get over the big hump of 1-79 then they are much more likely to stay(and sub)!
    I wish there was a way to actually parse the numbers your describing. Fact is, you can't and the numbers are probably exponentially lower than what you pulled out of your dark-place. It would be nice to see those actual numbers in game. It's more probable that HoC was/is popular as of late over another zone.

Steam is, of course, going to bring in new players for a short time. All we can do is sit and wait to see if they stay. There are lots of new titles surfacing on Steam and will likely draw them away.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

when bastion goes on sale we'll lose pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I wish there was a way to actually parse the numbers your describing. Fact is, you can't and the numbers are probably exponentially lower than what you pulled out of your dark-place. It would be nice to see those actual numbers in game. It's more probable that HoC was/is popular as of late over another zone.

Steam is, of course, going to bring in new players for a short time. All we can do is sit and wait to see if they stay. There are lots of new titles surfacing on Steam and will likely draw them away.
    its actually not hard to do this. each night around 8pm to 11pm around primetime on both coasts of the us just go into your people finder menu click on every region/class etc. then start counting. fairly simple. From my counts the pop can be anywhere from 600ish to 800ish depending upon the day of the week.

Actually I think the population has increased a lot, tons of new players since Steam re-launch. Our Guild has taken in a significant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    Actually I think the population has increased a lot, tons of new players since Steam re-launch. Our Guild has taken in a significant amount.
    It has I think we'll have a whole new generation to train k6 and raids...if some of us here will at least TRY and be courteous to all the true newbs.

It's going to take a concerted effort on our part to aclimate the "Steamers" ~ found myself in a T-1 circuit with a mix of Vets and new players. It was nice to hear the expressions (in vent and chat) of gratitude and excitement of players winning loot in Killiki and Vizzy. I would advocate the Vets to answer the call for T1/T2 Raids from time to time ~ thus making the overall exp much more pleasant; less wipes, etc. I know there are a few doing this already and I thank you.

Posey had the right idea when he asked for civility in the forums and in game; let's try and regain that idea.

After this month ill be moving to F2P vise a subscription; to speak to FUNCOM with my wallet ~ that's not to say the game isnt great. More to display my lack of inspiration fueled by slow moving support, updates, content, and verbal castration by forum Mods. GD talked a big-game but things are quiet now ... /sigh
    Last edited by Mustaine; 1st April 2013 at 20:18.

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    It's going to take a concerted effort on our part to aclimate the "Steamers" ~ found myself in a T-1 circuit with a mix of Vets and new players. It was nice to hear the expressions (in vent and chat) of gratitude and excitement of players winning loot in Killiki and Vizzy. I would advocate the Vets to answer the call for T1/T2 Raids from time to time ~ thus making the overall exp much more pleasant; less wipes, etc. I know there are a few doing this already and I thank you.

Posey had the right idea when he asked for civility in the forums and in game; let's try and regain that idea.

After this month ill be moving to F2P vise a subscription; to speak to FUNCOM with my wallet ~ that's not to say the game isnt great. More to display my lack of inspiration fueled by slow moving support, updates, content, and verbal castration by forum Mods. GD talked a big-game but things are quiet now ... /sigh
    you want vets doing t1-t2 tehn they need to add more stuff to be bought with raid tokens that simple
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    you want vets doing t1-t2 tehn they need to add more stuff to be bought with raid tokens that simple
    /agree ~ and, in fact, I mentioned it HERE.

this is happening in Rage, more people than 1 month ago.

I can actually sell again on trader my city crafted

Rage FTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast