Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos why have you forsaken me?

Default Joel Bylos why have you forsaken me?

So after "honeymooning" with AOC players on forum for brief couple of days JB is gone and the there is no word on stuff we were promised and we have paid for. As I recall it many of us got sold subs with a promise of second installment of SDS along with crafting revamp EARLY 2013. April is upon us, wake up and smell the flowers.

On the other hand TSW is doing great with issue 6 rolling out. I understand that the team needs to "settle in", hang favorite posters and dust off starwars action figures, but at this rate we are looking at crafting revamp in the summer of 2013 and the Dragon's Spine (waaaay overhyped at this point) add-on will be the 2012/2013 content.

Just to ilustrate my point:

I have made this screenshot http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eUjRua1Qy8...picture716.png 2 years ago. A year ago I have used that screenie in april's fool crafting post http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...ll-revamp.html

One year later we don't even have crafting on TL. So the joke is on me :X
    Retired

sub for another year. It's coming, I promise.

This attitude is getting silly. Do all of you makers of these threads addressing the guy also try to talk to Bill Gates on Microsoft's random forums when your computer crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    This attitude is getting silly. Do all of you makers of these threads addressing the guy also try to talk to Bill Gates on Microsoft's random forums when your computer crashes?
    Yes, because it's so comparable, a game with a few thousand players vs. a software provider with hundreds of millions of users.

cins : FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    Update 4.0.2
    Some of you have posted suggestions and ideas about what you would like to see changed or added to Age of Conan. Thanks for that! Such input is always welcome. We also want to encourage you to keep on posting about such ideas

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Joel Bylos isn't Bill Gates. Fucnom has like 20 devs, so it's similar to asking for the manager at Best Buy or McD's when you have a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    On the other hand TSW is doing great with issue 6 rolling out. I understand that the team needs to "settle in",
    The Secret World is not doing well. Issue #6 was released in a broken and buggy state. The game was made unplayable performance-wise: hard resetting Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users and dual-core computers, black screening after cutscenes and crashing during loading. The community server that enabled general chat and pvp minigames stopped working. Just take a look at the technical issues and issue #6 feedback thread on the official forums: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=68330

I did a /who of global/Agartha and numbers had dropped of 80% from the day before the patch (no charge for me, the game is F2P), for which the game is unplayable. I estimate The Secret World has less players than Age of Conan now. Like I've always said: it's better for Age of Conan to have no updates than a patch made under Joel Bylos.
    Last edited by Lednail; 28th March 2013 at 01:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Just to ilustrate my point:

I have made this screenshot http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eUjRua1Qy8...picture716.png 2 years ago. A year ago I have used that screenie in april's fool crafting post http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...ll-revamp.html

One year later we don't even have crafting on TL. So the joke is on me :X
    one year ago, my former guild was crafting 2 ingots a week, because you know "craft revamp is coming in summer, gotta spend shards and craft as many weapons as possible".. one year later, the guild is no more because of lack of players, I moved to the last big AoC server and guess what.. JB: "craft revamp is coming in summer.. "
    Last edited by Argantes; 28th March 2013 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    one year ago, my former guild was crafting 2 ingots a week, because you know "craft revamp is coming in summer, gotta spend shards and craft as many weapons as possible".. one year later, the guild is no more because of lack of players, I moved to the last big AoC server and guess what.. JB: "craft revamp is coming in summer.. "
    ha ha, oh memories

but it's coming...

...or so I have heard.
    Retired

not for nothing but I do remember reading that they are relocating the entire company that was based in Montreal down to Carolina (I think) and that the simple logistics involved would take a couple months to work out (work visa's, moving families, etc...).

You really have 2 choices, just keep paying your sub fee and wait it out or go free 2 play / take a break for a few months until they are moved and churning out updates. Chances are if you are happy with the game, you are a pve centric player and will pay. If you aren't, you are a pvp centric player and won't. The good thing is that you don't need to pay to do the pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    not for nothing but I do remember reading that they are relocating the entire company that was based in Montreal down to Carolina (I think) and that the simple logistics involved would take a couple months to work out (work visa's, moving families, etc...).

You really have 2 choices, just keep paying your sub fee and wait it out or go free 2 play / take a break for a few months until they are moved and churning out updates. Chances are if you are happy with the game, you are a pve centric player and will pay. If you aren't, you are a pvp centric player and won't. The good thing is that you don't need to pay to do the pvp.
    I wouldn't say a thing if I wasn't sold 12 months sub with a promise of smooth SDS deployment along with crafting.

But like I said, the joke is on me :P
    Retired

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast