Thread: Guardian S&S Noob Tank Guide?

Default Guardian S&S Noob Tank Guide?

As the title suggests I was wondering if there is one. I am new to the game and still learning. I know my play style is definately s&s tank, as it has been in every mmo I have played. I have looked around these forums but can't seem to find what Im looking for. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Malkuus

There's not like for other class sections one exhaustive class guide listing and explaining everything.
    You'll have to go through several discussions on this section, where players debate and discuss builds and mechanics.

You can also ask specific questions in that thread you just created, even if it might be redundant with other existing ones.

First, check the thread called "guardian feat builds 2013". I think there is quite a large amount of intel and feedback in that one.

Thanks bud, guess I'll start there then. Appreciate it.

Here is a 101 to begin with:
    http://youtu.be/9Y1BlTpQtm0

There are also more videos that talk about basics and more advanced stuff.
    I am Stian ingame...

Thanks bud, most helpful! Exactly what I was looking for. A solid base to build on. Thanks.
    Last edited by Malkuus; 8th July 2013 at 11:04.

Using "dulling blow" over and over and over again is pretty fail.

Over reach 5/4 is what you should be using they are on seperate cool downs. Dulling blow is really only good to swap shields with on the mobs, and some would say that it's worthless all together. That is up for debate. "I use it to swap shields"

Other then that the 101 is covered.

Shield Slam
    Guard Destroyer
    Over reach 5
    Over reach 4

Rince and repeat, spam shield slam, and spam guard destroyer.

Also, the over reach 6 combo the guy is using in video. Those take too long to get off. You will find that in most situations across the game and other toons that the 3 step combo's are very over rated etc.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

That obviously depends from bossfight to another, using the highest rank give you more dps, try and parse it So I would suggest that if you have the time for the three step, use it. especially if you have the crit-buff from guarddestroyer running, and irritate ready, omnomnom
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Schou didn't include titanic smash because he always wiffs it!

Nah, didn't include it because the video didn't.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs