Thread: Understanding the mind set of PVP players

Default Understanding the mind set of PVP players

PVP does not mean player vs player for those who enjoy this aspect of the game. What pvp players are crying for are Stats, Titles to brag about and Objectives to work towards to give them an edge over other players.

I purchased all the new MMO titles that are released but the problem is once you've played AOC nothing will feel even close to it. The combat system Funcom has designed is years ahead of it's competition and feels very realistic. I just wish Funcom understood what they have and what they are capable of doing with this game.

There is not a single MMO that can even come close to AOC combat system! Build on this dammit and invest money in the game! Get a new Marketing Manager!

AoC 2 is where it's at. Pvp, with pve as an afterthought.

Only pvp servers, where you have to take your raid and bash through another raid if you want to pve. The pvp would probably be so much fun, that no one would want to fight boring, repetitive, computer controlled mobs...

*wakes up*

Sadness...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    AoC 2 is where it's at. Pvp, with pve as an afterthought.

Only pvp servers, where you have to take your raid and bash through another raid if you want to pve. The pvp would probably be so much fun, that no one would want to fight boring, repetitive, computer controlled mobs...

*wakes up*

Sadness...
    not that much of a far stretch, games that gave alot of power to pvpers generally have done well

Do as I do now, roll an assassin, build the noobiest spec you can on him and just two-button troll everyone who actually gives a ****.

THIS QUOTE IS A MATTER OF OPINION, NOT FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post

I purchased all the new MMO titles that are released but the problem is once you've played AOC nothing will feel even close to it. The combat system Funcom has designed is years ahead of it's competition and feels very realistic. I just wish Funcom understood what they have and what they are capable of doing with this game.

There is not a single MMO that can even come close to AOC combat system! Build on this dammit and invest money in the game! Get a new Marketing Manager!
    Where I agree with your first statement .... the rest, not so much.

in fact, many MMOs have "come close" or exceeded AoC PvP as of late. Instead of giving you named examples; let me start by mentioning the things AoC PvP doesn't do.

Not a real "aiming" abilities MMO. Sure you have to "face" your target, but not nearly as accurately as some other MMOs.

No real dodge-mechanic or animation. Bunny-hopping doesn't count and the parry system is a tired recycled system seen in other MMOs. not unique and barely useful.

The gear gap still exists ...

Most, and I mean nearly ALL, other MMOs have some sort of anti-cheat coding to detect HAX . Not relying on players to "capture" the HAX on video and send in. Or cross their fingers that a GM might answer and have to see the infraction first-hand.

It's not a terrible PvP system over-all, but let's not get carried away.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Most, and I mean nearly ALL, other MMOs have some sort of anti-cheat coding to detect HAX . Not relying on players to "capture" the HAX on video and send in. Or cross their fingers that a GM might answer and have to see the infraction first-hand.

It's not a terrible PvP system over-all, but let's not get carried away.

FC doesnt ban with video evidence they must see it first hand, but those devs cant seem to see the obvious when they actually hop in a mini after a petition