Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian PVP- builds, discussions, gear

Quote Originally Posted by batsik View Post
    Want to ask now by saying (Use your CC break (BEFORE you get CC'd) to avoid getting interrupted and kills will come easy.) what exactly as CC break you mean, because as far as i know I have only one and this is "Vindication" ? Do you mean as well to double click left,right,back as avoiding the CCs?
    Yes and no.
    It's that perk we're talking about.
    So let's say you're fighing a ranger and you almost killed him. You're ready to do last step of counterweight and he start to cast "concussive blast" or something like that. That's a stun. So, use your anti cc while the cast is running and you won't take the stun. You continue you combo without the interruption from the stun,and kill him while he run away screaming like a little girl with his bow on its hand. (while he puts a root trap and you already have root immunity anyway, to make the story sounds more realistic ^^).

About double tap, if you can manage to see a kb coming, for sure, the best thing to do is double tap, assuming you don't have kb immunity running, because in that case, you don't care.

And about the guy asking why people would go for armor, I'm feating this on almost every char for pvp. Don't understand how people play pvp without maximizing their survability.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 30th March 2014 at 17:55.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by batsik View Post
    Hey, thanks all for the fast and good replies.
    Many thanks to Kalston for getting me into what i wanted to know, by explaining the things very simple.
    Want to ask now by saying (Use your CC break (BEFORE you get CC'd) to avoid getting interrupted and kills will come easy.) what exactly as CC break you mean, because as far as i know I have only one and this is "Vindication" ? Do you mean as well to double click left,right,back as avoiding the CCs? As perks I use Decisive Strikes, Chromatic Warding, Vindication, Avoid Entanglements and Stall the Advance. But if the group I fight against is most physical dps I go to Pressing Strikes instead of Chromatic Warding. About switching between maneuvers and tactics I will take that in mind and will know for sure if manage to switch them means i am getting better(however it seems a bit more complicated for me on this lvl- i have to use to many keys and I could mess the things up very easily). And as you mentioned that Stamina drain does't work anymore i will try this Intimidating shout.And you didn't answer on the question about my K/D ratio is it that bad as I think?
    And as Religolibri said i should learn the name of casts and animations of all classes.
    Thanks again and sorry if the threat is in the wrong section.
    By CC break I do mean vindication, yes. Use it preventively to avoid getting interrupted. Obviously you can't do that everytime since it has a long CD but sometimes doing that will make the difference between life and death.

As for double tapping, you should try double tapping kbs if you can (but that's not easy and takes some getting used to) as it will often save your life. Also try double tapping forward to stun your opponents (it even does some damage with the AA). Don't worry too much about that if you're just beginning though.

And regarding the k/d... best not worry about it at all. No one but you can see it anyway. Plus a k/d like that will be easy to "fix" once you get some better gear and experience. My guard had a much worse k/d than that at pvp4 and it's over 2 now, even though I didn't exactly k/d whore and still mostly played the objectives etc (not only was I new to the game but I was in blues vs fully geared up vets with powerful BK buffs). The power gap is much lower now(with the new pvp gear) so I'm sure you'll be fine.

And if you find it hard to switch maneuvers/tactics etc, adjust your keybinds till you feel comfortable with them. If you only knew how many times I have changed them^^
    Last edited by kalston; 30th March 2014 at 17:55.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    And if you find it hard to switch maneuvers/tactics etc, adjust your keybinds till you feel comfortable with them. If you only knew how many times I have changed them^^
    Aye I should probbably buy a razer naga mouse or something like this ti bind some keys there as well, because i use almost all the keys on my keyboard.
    Thanks again to you guys

Lot of nice tips you got here, i would add just one more. Drop Stall the Advance and pick up Counterweight, its long combo but nice dmg and nice crits, and try to use advantage of long reach on your polearm.
    Razor naga or similar mouses are nice adition but not really needed that much on guard. You can manage to get nice keybind on just regular keyboard and mouse.
    Like Kalston said SS+reckoning is your main burst but now and than you can add quick BV if needed to finish off people.
    I also use FA IV if i need quick combo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12