Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin: The forgotten class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    You have to have some classes against which it's harder... However guards and dts are still manageable as a sin if you play better. You've got plenty of tools to avoid there CC and part of their dps, fast and short combos and a good share of CC.
    In open world, yes. In minis where there are other players, not so easy. It takes too long.

And add conq to the list.
    Last edited by blueblond; 7th July 2013 at 00:15.

There has to be an anti sin class...period. There are a lot of better players than me that I can burst down very fast because they play a caster. That is what a sin is, an anti mage class. If sins could just destroy soldier classes they would just be too op.

If a pvp 10 conq attacks me I can get 1 or 2 shot easy. It can be frustrating...but that is what they are supposed to be doing. Kill the sin so the mage on their team can get kills. Also, sins do have many ways to survive, and you can almost make yourself resist all cc's.

I do agree about the T4 gear. I would really like to have it but at the same time...spending hours to fight all the bosses over and over and over again really make me want to do something else with my time. I don't want to be forced to raid...and honestly you don't have to. If you attack the right targets you can still get kills, even with just pvp gear on...just takes a little longer to burn them down. AoD will be your friend.

PS I wish mini's would pop as fast as gw2, automatically just porting you to next mini.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblond View Post
    In open world, yes. In minis where there are other players, not so easy. It takes too long.
    Minis are suppose to be teamplay not running around fighting 1vs1.
    Ofc it happens and if its a soldier just cc him and move on
    Kinaputten

Default Yes, konungr ...

... they should be hard. But they have been made harder over time, while sins have become more fragile. Funcom don't even makes adjustments for sins when changes in the game affects them (like stamina vs energy).

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Minis are suppose to be teamplay not running around fighting 1vs1.
    Ofc it happens and if its a soldier just cc him and move on
    Good point, but still ...

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    There has to be an anti sin class...period.
    barbarian will do the job
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by blueblond View Post
    ... they should be hard. But they have been made harder over time, while sins have become more fragile. Funcom don't even makes adjustments for sins when changes in the game affects them (like stamina vs energy).
    It's not impossible at all to deal with them. One of the fun thing of playing a squishy character is that you need to be aware of your environnment. In mini-games, You avoid fighting in direct LoS of the usual rangers spots. You keep an eye at all time on what tanks are doing, on who their attention is and how soon this is likely to change. You look around and anticipate. Tanks are a threat undoubtably, you need to deal with that threat like other classes do. When you play hox, sins are a big threat. So you keep them in sight, watch over your shoulder, never stay still when you know he's in hide somewhere ready to do a stealth attack. It's part of the game, the challenge and the fun.

Stamina vs Energy is a really minimal change, the diffrence is only noticeable for those who play with LO. Hardly game breaking anyway.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    It's not impossible at all to deal with them. One of the fun thing of playing a squishy character is that you need to be aware of your environnment. In mini-games, You avoid fighting in direct LoS of the usual rangers spots. You keep an eye at all time on what tanks are doing, on who their attention is and how soon this is likely to change. You look around and anticipate. Tanks are a threat undoubtably, you need to deal with that threat like other classes do. When you play hox, sins are a big threat. So you keep them in sight, watch over your shoulder, never stay still when you know he's in hide somewhere ready to do a stealth attack. It's part of the game, the challenge and the fun.

Stamina vs Energy is a really minimal change, the diffrence is only noticeable for those who play with LO. Hardly game breaking anyway.
    I agree in most. But it annoys me that the PvP part seems neglected by Funcom - that I have to PvE for gear to not fall too far behind. And it's annoying to waste 5 points on stamina to get into the general feat tree. It can be nice to switch build sometimes, f. ex. to get anti-cc when joining a mini and seeing that half the players on oposite team are rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    There has to be an anti sin class...period.
    unfortunately there are none (soldiers are OP all around imo, tho sin still handles em just fine)

sin has many tools, but it also has many spec options, anyone witty on sin will do great

Erm, brute conq a is a good anti class for sin in any situation. In minis most soldiers are great at handling sins in general (in 1o1 yes sin can kill guard and dt without too much trouble). Actually all classes can handle them in minis (even casters if they watch out for the buffs).

Sins have really nothing to complain about though. They actually have very good survivability but their tools have cooldowns (so it's not like soldiers who have permanently high survivability + high dps) which makes it balanced. And no class is better than sins when it comes to countering CCs.
    Last edited by kalston; 7th July 2013 at 10:01.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast