Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin: The forgotten class.

Default Assassin: The forgotten class needs some updates.

I sometimes get the feeling that sins are a forgotten class by Funcom. So many things are not up to date. Maybe someone in high up in the Funcom-system should be forced to roll an assassin and play PvP? :-)

1. Assassin PvP gear has far to low dps and critical damage/chance compared to PvE gear.
    It should not be necessary to spend countless hours doing PvE to play PvP-minis. Even Khitai-gear is in my opinion a lot better then PvP T2 and T3 gear – despite the lack of tenacity (and if not SC: protection). And now there's more and more T4 gear at some servers, which makes any class able to one-shot most sins no matter what gear they wears.

2. Now that the sprint system is changed, all stamina based gear and feats should be changed as well. Sins need energy and energy regeneration – not stamina. For example; the first 5 points in the general feat tree is totally wasted.

3. When making the heavy classes able to make more damage then the sin (not thinking about gear), those classes should also be made more fragile and vulnerable when using the feat/build/etc. Alternatively, the sins should be given something to counter that extra damage that the heavy classes have received over time (some even got more armor). If not: give us more armor.

And to you guys claiming it's all about skill: When you need lots and lots of combos and many minutes to kill someone that can one-shot you, it's just a matter of time before you get stunned, feared, kicked or snared - and then killed – no matter how skilled you are. Especially in minis where long duels 1 vs. 1 is impossible because others will interfere. And how are we supposed to defend ourselves against a ranger that can kill us from long distance with 1, 2 or 3 shots?

That's it for now. I'm ready to get flamed, trolled and accused for QQ. ;-)
    Last edited by blueblond; 6th July 2013 at 15:32.

PvE gear is better dps for all classes.
    Kinaputten

1- not only the assassin needs changes in pvp gear, all rogues need it, specially against the modern tanks and healers

2- in pvp, yes, since all rogues have endless stamina now, but certain fights in pve is still welcome (coppice for example)... they just need to fix the endless stamina, making it like it was before plus the energy

3- dont understand, the sin has the highest melee damage, biggest problems are, survival and weapon range, but, they are tons of stuff in feat tree to survive (evades and immunities), and weapon range, well, the skill is needed for that

Quote Originally Posted by blueblond View Post
    And to you guys claiming it's all about skill: When you need lots and lots of combos and many minutes to kill someone that can one-shot you, it's just a matter of time before you get stunned, feared, kicked or snared - and then killed – no matter how skilled you are. Especially in minis where long duels 1 vs. 1 is impossible because others will interfere. And how are we supposed to defend ourselves against a ranger that can kill us from long distance with 1, 2 or 3 shots?
    mini game success in surviving IS all about skill, and not the skill of attacking, its the AWARENESS, if you play with your eyes fixed on a spot, your dead meat, you have to judge when to run off or when to attack

lots and lots of combos??? did you ever tried the usual assassin M.O.? the famous, Excelent Balance -> Charge/snare, Grim Corruption+Soul Strike (thy "BOMB"), death whirlwind --- mage dead in 3 seconds

rangers killing you from far? cut their line of sight, go into hide, chase their asses and attack when they least expect and try feating defense stuff instead of more damage stuff in feat tree, the assassin has loads of it

all melee classes is about skill, specially sin, barb, hox, tanks are easy mode and casters, well casters dont need to hit every combo step for full damage, not even distance counts, only their line of sight, so if you get hit by a casters, its your fault that you took too much time looking a your target and not the surroundings
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

The problem with sin is it's a One shot / One Shot class. The speed of their bursting is so high a lot of classes can't handle one combo.

Against rangers EB will save you many times and you kill them as fast as they do. And against tanks... besides conqs... sins are probably the melee class able to burn them down the fastest.

Killing with a sin is easy. Surviving is the tough part.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

And so it has began, the day when aoc population has been so dumbed down that a buff to the Assassin class has been asked...
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    And so it has began, the day when aoc population has been so dumbed down that a buff to the Assassin class has been asked...
    Nah mate assassin needs buf. dww dmg is to low, also bomb and face stab could be upped a bit. cats paw should be full buble for at least 15 sec and sin should have bit more instant combo or abilities and one more speed buf
    Also it would be nice to give sin one ranged attack, 15m or so. Maybe if we buff GB just to be sure and than bring up dmg on pvp gear to and sin is fine.
    Just bit tweak here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    agreed
    /10

The 3-4k from the combination of stealth attack/face stab is not enough. What was funcom thinking when they only devised a possible 2 shot and not a definite 1 shot.

Until sins can 1 shot, I agree this class is broken.

What has AoC come to where players seriously make posts like this...
    Doomsayer 2008

Default Jeje ... I knew it (sigh).

Where did I mention mages or casters?
    Where did i ask for a general buff?

Read number 3 again.

I'm asking for way to handle the soldiers (with good gear and lots of AA) who can make just as much damage as the sin and in addition are as good as unkillable (for sin).
    CC's ...? Even a bad player with a very strong soldier will at some point hit the sin with something - before the sin is close to finish him - and then the sin is dead.

And yes, I mentioned rangers too. Yes, from stealth attac it's ok. But it's not so easy to hide when in fight with someone else already. It's not so easy to counter-attac if they are standing somewhere you cant reach them. Are we supposed to walk around in hide until we find the ranger? Should that be the only focus for a sin? Sin's are not the ones with the tracker, btw.
    If a ranger with good gear and AA's spots a sin, the sin is dead in seconds.
    Last edited by blueblond; 7th July 2013 at 00:07.

You have to have some classes against which it's harder... However guards and dts are still manageable as a sin if you play better. You've got plenty of tools to avoid there CC and part of their dps, fast and short combos and a good share of CC.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast